Orally Fixated

N.A.P Oneshot Compilation

Minsoo knows that he has to stop. He knows it’s bad for his health, and to other people around him – especially his beloved one, Niel. He attempted to stop years before, never succeeded. But this time, he’s bent on stopping. He will quit smoking.

 

 

But then..

 

“Hey, I thought you told me you’d stop?” Niel asked slightly hurt.

 

Minsoo, caught off guard, doesn’t know whether to hide the cigarette on his hand, throw it away, or simply admit his weakness – he couldn’t bring himself to stop.

 

“Look at me. I don’t want us to fight again over this matter so I want you to really listen to me this time.” Niel look him in the eye, and though with some difficulty and embarrassment laced into it, Minsoo met his gaze and held it.

 

“I love you. Okay? And because I love you, I don’t want you dying early just because of that three-inch demonic thing on your hand.” Minsoo stifled his laughter at his boyfriend’s choice of words. Niel saw the glint of amusement on his eyes so he quickly showed Minsoo a scolding look.

 

“Did you know that in every stick of cigarette you smoke, you shorten your life by 11 minutes? Counting all the cigarettes you have smoked for years, how many months or years did you think you took from your life? And me, as a second-hand smoker, you’re also putting my life in danger. You’re not only killing yourself, you know. You’re also killing me, you’re killing everyone around you. Wow, from a smoker, you high ranked into a killer now, huh? Do you understand what I’m  saying?” Niel said in a soft voice. He doesn’t want to sound like a mother lecturing his son. No, he doesn’t want that. He wants a relationship where each party respects each other as an equal. No one is above or below the other. But he knows that they need some serious talk about his boyfriend’s vice.

 

Minsoo heaved a sigh after Niel finished talking. He stub the cigarette on the concrete and faced his boyfriend.

 

After another sigh, he said; “I want you to know that I really do intend to stop. It’s just that..” he paused, at a lost for the proper words  with which to place it. “How do you effectively kill a habit?” Minsoo looks at Niel’s eyes and waits for his ever witty boyfriend to come up with something.

 

Suddenly, his infamous thick lips stretches into a pout. “I don’t know. Don’t you  just stop? You just stop smoking and that’s it.” Niel said matter-of-factly now.

 

“Okay. For you, my love. I will stop.” Minsoo said as he pull his beloved one onto him and held him close.

 

Days after their agreement, Niel noticed that Minsoo has been out-of-it. He doesn’t understand why the older man would look so down so he asked him.

 

“I don’t know. I feel heavy.” Minsoo responded with that noticeable lack of life.

 

“I think I know.”

 

Minsoo abruptly look at him.  His eyes waiting for answers.

 

“Apparently, you shouldn’t stop smoking just like that.” Niel started.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I’ve read that in order to fully be free of the habit, you should start minimizing your dosage first and not quit it altogether. Meaning, if you’re having three sticks per day before and you wanted to stop, you should start with having two per day first, then one, then nothing.” Niel reported almost too happily.

 

Minsoo looked at him, uncertainty etched on his handsome face.

 

“What?” Niel asked after seeing that unusual expression on his boyfriend’s face. “Don’t tell me you’re smoking more than just three sticks a day before?” Niel asked in bewilderment.

 

Embarrassed, Minsoo let his head hang low. Niel heaved a sigh. He sat on his boyfriend’s lap to show him that he’s not mad. His action earned a smile on Minsoo’s face.

 

“So, how many sticks were you having before?” Niel asked as he peered through his BANGs, trying to look cute. It definitely worked its magic as Minsoo started giggling at the beauty in front of him.

 

“Is this your strategy to make sure I don’t lie to you?” Minsoo chuckled as he pinch Niel’s nose.

 

“Well, is it working?” Niel asked with a slight pout. He’s definitely teasing him.

 

Minsoo laughed this time. That heartfelt and crisp-sounding laugh that Niel always loves to hear. He let himself smile a small one at that.

 

Minsoo pulled him closer and let their foreheads touch. “You will be so mad at me after hearing the answer.” Minsoo started in a serious tone.

 

Niel’s brows knit and he tried to move away from Minsoo, only, the older guy held him in place.

 

“A pack.”

 

“What?”

 

“I used to smoke a pack per day.”

 

“That much?”

 

Minsoo nodded which made Niel’s head move along with his.

 

“That means I have a long way to go before I could totally quit, no?” Minsoo chuckled to lighten up the mood.

 

Niel was silent but after a while said, “You know, I read from somewhere that to help smokers quit smoking, they should find some other things to busy their mouths with. You see,” Niel straightens his back and look at Minsoo in the eyes though remained seated on his boyfriend’s lap. “Studies say that orally fixated people tend to smoke or eat a lot when they grow up. It’s just that, they need to have their mouths always busy, always chewing, or simply having something on their mouths. It’s said to be a habit brought from childhood.” Minsoo listened and just stare at his beloved one. He loves to hear him talk although he can be too talkative most of the times. But even so, he likes to hear Niel’s voice and thoughts. Minsoo soothed Niel’s back softly as he urge the other to continue talking.

 

“So, what the scientists propose is that for orally fixated people who ended up as smoker to focus their attention on food rather than on cigarettes!” Niel clapped after presenting his genius idea.

 

“So, what you’re saying is that every time I think of smoking, I should just eat?” Minsoo asked to which Niel nodded happily.

 

“Hmmm…” Minsoo smooths his chin in an act of thinking. “How about the orally fixated ones who ended up obese and couldn’t stop eating? Do they suggest they start smoking?” Minsoo asked to which Niel had no reply. He simply looked at him, his cat-like eyes moving round and round - a habit that Niel shows whenever he doesn’t know the answer. A habit Minsoo always find so cute. He laughed at that.

 

“Aww.. so cute!” Again, he pinched his nose.

 

“I don’t know the answer.” Niel pouted. “But you get my point, right? You can just turn to food.” Niel let himself smile.

 

“But I already love to eat a lot but still have the urges to smoke. You know I eat a lot, right?”

 

Again, that lost look on Niel’s face is present on his small face.

 

“You’re right. So what do we do?”

 

“I have the greatest idea.” Minsoo quips with a smile.

 

“What?” Niel’s face automatically lit up.

 

“This!” With that, Minsoo pulled him and crashed their lips for a deep and passionate kiss.

 

Catching his breath, Niel asked afterwards. “What was that for?”

 

Minsoo laughed. “You said that I need to busy my mouth with something else, right? If food couldn’t do it, then maybe kissing the most delicious lips in the world would do the trick?” Minsoo winked at him. Niel felt his cheeks burn.

 

“So? What do you say? Every time I have the urge to smoke, I would just kiss you then I would forget that I needed to smoke. Heck, I even forget my birthday every time I kiss you.” Minsoo teased with a happy laughter. He knows that Niel gets easily flushed.

 

“Ya!” Niel hit him on the chest and hid his flushed face on his palms. Minsoo continue to laugh.

 

Seconds past, Niel lift his face and look at Minsoo who’s staring at him lovingly. Oh how he love this man. Niel smiled. “Be thankful I love you!”

 

Minsoo laughed yet again. “I know. And thank you.” Minsoo pulled him in a hug. Niel inhaled his scent and felt contented inside this man’s arms. He can hear his heartbeat in sync with him. He can sleep listening to that steady rhythm. He close his eyes. Minsoo his hair made him all the more sleepy.

 

“Niel..” He heard him call.

 

“Hmm?” He responded curtly, not wanting to lose the sleepiness that’s starting to pull him in.

 

“I want to smoke. And you’re going to stop me from lighting one.”

 

Niel looked up and saw that playful smile on his boyfriend’s handsome face. As sure as he knows that he love this man, he can tell that his boyfriend is pulling yet another stunt to score one on him.

 

“Ya!” was all he said before Minsoo  addresses the needs of an orally fixated man.

 

________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Fluff fluff fluff!! Aaaaahhhh these two are giving me too much feelseu!! What do you think of this, N.A.P shippers? And oh, the facts stated here about smoking and being orally fixated are true. Studies really proved them. I just thought of this story after hearing about losing 11 minutes of your life each time you smoke. Wow! Be sure to tell your smoker friends about that. Maybe then they would rethink things and stop smoking. Or, if it's your boyfriend, then offer the same thing C.A.P did here. Hahahaha!

 

Comments please! ^0^