Library (Part 1)

N.A.P Oneshot Compilation

 

A/N: This story is dedicated to inuyashakh12. Remember when I asked you to send me story ideas? This wonderful girl did and so, as promised, here is the story for you. I tweaked the story because your original suggestion was angsty, right? I want it to be more light and easier for our hearts to take. Hehehe. Anyways, here's the first part. I hope I don't disappoint you on your requested story. :))

____________________________________________________________________

TOP University is one of the growing numbers of art schools in Seoul, South Korea. While most art schools are privately-held and admits only the sons and daughters of the high brows in society, TOP University admits only the talented ones.

 

Being an art school that has been known to produce great artists and musicians, the name of the university became sought-after and soon, more and more talented individuals from all classes – low, middle, and high chose to enroll here.

 

Ahn Daniel, known to his family and friends as simply Niel, is one of the talented students in TOP. He doesn’t have friends but he’s known by his instructors and classmates to possess one the most beautiful and unique voices in the university. He doesn’t like the attention though. Niel is a silent guy. He always keeps to himself and just simply shrugs whenever complimented for his singing skills.

 

When not in the recording or rehearsal rooms, Niel can be found in the library. Doesn’t mean this is an art school that there’d be no academic lectures involved. There still is. Although, the number of books about music, arts, and the greatest person who made their names known in their respective industries still occupy more spaces in their 2-storey library than all the academic materials combined.

 

Niel likes the solitude of the library. He likes that he can be alone and busy his mind with nothing but his thoughts. In short, he likes that people in the library doesn’t bother him at all. A few quick curious glances is all and they’d be on their way. Niel was sitting in his usual spot. He’s calm as he watches the blue sky above. The library is airconditioned so he can not feel but only imagine the cool winter breeze outside. Even still, in the library, he’s calm. He closed his eyes and tried to sleep while sitting upstraight.

 

Bang Minsoo is another student in TOP. He’s majoring in dance and is slowly making a wave for his name not only in the university but in other universities as well. More than once had he represented his school and brought home the bacon. Of this, he gained recognition from his instructors as well as his classmates. Unlike Niel, Minsoo likes the attention. Especially when coming from pretty and hot girls.

 

Minsoo is promiscuous, he likes to mingle in a huge crowd and steal the limelight every now and again. He’s good looking. And he knows that. He knows that his smile alone can CAPtivate any girl he likes. His well-sculpted body serves as a cherry on top if and when it comes to the extent that he’d have to take off his clothes for his private audience. Which, by the way, is happening more and more lately.

 

Unlike his smug look and overconfident persona, Minsoo loves to read. Only a few people know about this because he only allows really few people to really know him. He would go to the library during those rare times that he’d be lucky enough to escape the ever-watching eyes of their schoolmates. And today is one of those lucky days. Minsoo smiled triumphantly.

 

“’Sup man!” Minsoo greeted Chanhee, the student assistant in the library.

“Woah! Look who’s here!” Chanhee, a frail looking boy with a pretty face greeted back with a smile.

 

“I’ll borrow some book.” Minsoo said, also smiling.

 

 “Of course you are! Here. As you directed.” Chanhee handed Minsoo the books he asked Chanhee to save for him for when he go to the library to read. Chanhee understood that Minsoo coming to the library is one of his slowly-growing-popular friend is trying to keep a secret.

 

Minsoo took the books and walked towards the spot in the library where he deem safe to sit to avoid being seen by anyone he know. He willed his foot to get him to the farthest table in the library, beside the window. He smiled when he saw that no one’s occupying his favorite spot. He carefully put down his books and immediately dived into the magical world of sci-fi novels he so love to read. He had to give it to Chanhee, the boy really know his tastes in books. He smiled to himself as he turns another page.

 

As if with some kind of force, Minsoo slightly lifted his head and caught a glimpse of an angel in front of him. He blinked once, twice, to make himself certain that he’s still on earth. The face of the boy who’s sitting alone on the next table in front of him is so beautiful Minsoo had to battle the insane thoughts of seeing an angel here on earth. His eyes were closed, he have a pointed nose, oval shaped face, thin eyebrows, and really plump lips which is the highlight of his face. He looks so calm and peaceful that Minsoo immediately felt peace succumb him. He totally forgot about the book he’s reading and just stared at the beauty in front of him.

 

***

 

Niel fell asleep. He knows he had because when he opened his eyes, they’re a little heavy and he had to stop himself from yawning. He looked at his surroundings. The reason why he suddenly woke up is because he had this strange feeling that someone was looking at him. No, looking is an understatement. He felt as though someone has been staring intently at him. But when he opened his eyes and looked around him, he saw no one save for one student whose face is buried on his books. He eyed the man closely, thinking if he was the one staring at him seconds ago. The man probably noticed him probing so he put his book down to stare at him. The annoyed look on the man’s face convinced him that he couldn’t be the one staring at him earlier. Niel shrugged the idea and walked out of the library.

 

The following day is no different from the past ones. After his classes, Niel quickly made his way to the library and smiled inwardly when he saw that his favorite spot is vacant. He made his way to the spot beside the window and hums softly. Despite the loneliness and pain he’s feeling right now, Niel feels like this day has something good in stored for him. He tried to be positive. Well, he’s always been the positive one. If not for Jonghyun… He shook the thoughts away and busied himself with the activity and buzz of the people down the school quadrangle. He can’t hear the noise because of the sealed windows but he can see the excitement in the faces of the players. He let himself smile. He used to love soccer before too. He used to play that with Jonghyun before. The thought of his former lover made his shoulders slack and his breathing to feel heavy. Although he’s trying his best to forget about him and what he did to him, he still can’t stop himself from feeling angry. How can Jonghyun dump him just like that? How can he easily replace him with Changhyun? He knows that the boy is cute and bubbly as compared to him who’s tall and lanky. But still! They spent their childhood together! Can’t Jonghyun even consider that? Maybe he did. A voice inside Niel’s head said. He smiled bitterly and decided to just let his mind drift off in dreamland.

 

***

 

Okay, so what am I doing here again? Minsoo scold himself as he, for the second time that week, stared at the pretty boy sleeping in front of him. Well, can you blame me? He’s so beautiful!

 

Minsoo have his books again in front of him. He decided to read them yesterday. He might not look it, but he’s a really fast reader. He can finish two 200 paged books in one afternoon if he decides to do so. But yesterday, even though he wants to get back to his book after catching a glimpse of this boy, he just couldn’t will his eyes to drift away from the boy’s beautiful face. More than thrice he cursed himself for staring but his eyes just wouldn’t obey him. He only gained control of his vision again when he noticed that the boy he’s been ogling at is starting to wake up. His thin brows curled which Minsoo took as cue to snatch his eyes back to their sockets. He also buried his face on his books to hide away from the angelic thing. Though he tried, he couldn’t read the words printed on the book because it’s too damn close that he’d soon cross his eyes if he pushed his luck some more. Then he felt the angelic thing probing at him. Without thinking too much about it, he lowered the book and locked eyes with the heavenly being. It took too much willpower to stay calm and held that gaze. God! Why is he so beautiful? He bit his teeth and curse himself for feeling nervous under that stare. From the corner of his eye, he saw the beautiful boy walk out of the library and let out the breath he didn’t noticed he’s been holding.

 

That was yesterday. Minsoo couldn’t believe that he turned to stone because of some stranger. What has happened to the promiscuous Minsoo? The Minsoo who’s always at the center of attention and can easily make the girls wet? He washed his face with his huge hands out of frustration. He screwed up and he knows it. That’s why, he decided that he’d do better this time. He’s more than happy to see the boy that caught his interest again sitting at the spot where he saw him yesterday. Again, he took the seat right in front of the sleeping beauty and ogle at the thick lipped boy’s face to his heart’s content.

 

To his dismay, the boy quickly opened his eyes which are trained outside the school field. Minsoo’s heartbeat turn wild and he’s uttering hallelujahs to the higher heavens that lip boy was staring the other way and didn’t caught his eyes glued to his face. That would’ve been embarrassing. But then again, that could also be a chance to talk to him right? Hmm.. what could be his name? Minsoo smiled. One way to find out.

 

Minsoo started to collect the books and pile them in a stack. He would bring it back to Chanhee because he doesn’t see himself reading any books anytime soon. Well, not as long as lip boy is here to keep his eyes and attention away from any other thing but his angel’s face.

 

But what is this? Minsoo panicked as he saw the apple of his eye moving to leave. No! He can’t leave yet! I’m yet to know his name!

 

“Uh…” Minsoo started and the beautiful boy turned to him, cat-like eyes, showing something akin to curiosity. Minsoo bit his tongue inside his mouth. Why can’t he will his mouth to move? Speak, Minsoo!!

 

Minsoo felt his energy leave his body as he watch the retreating figure of his beautiful boy.

 

Without him telling his legs to do so, he saw himself following the boy out of the library. He took a deep breath and swallowed hard. He’s the Bang Minsoo who always find himself around girls.. or guys.. for that matter, he can surely do this.

 

“Uh…” he tried once again and for the second time in the past two minutes, cursed himself for acting like a retarded person.

 

Again, the boy looked at him, patience written all over his face. Minsoo felt calmer after seeing that. He smiled and this time, he mentally pat himself when he willed his mouth to speak and it obeyed him!

 

“My name is Bang Minsoo. I don’t know your name but I would really love to know. Or… do you want me to just call you “Mine?”

 

________________________________________________________________

A/N: Have you seen all those N.A.P photos at Teen Top's 2015 Seasons Greetings?? Ugh Ugh Ugh!! Here they are. N.A.P shippers, SPAZZ.WITH.ME!!! kyaaaaaa

and ofcourse we have the ever yummy Bang Minsoo too!! ugh ugh ugh!!!

*BRAIN.FRIED* OTL OTL OTL