Last Night

N.A.P Oneshot Compilation

C.A.P's POV

 

Last night, I dreamt of you. You were your usual cheerful self, laughing at almost anything just because you love to laugh and you love the fact that it makes people happy seeing you smile, laugh, and happy. In the dream, you were performing in front of a crowd. A crowd who doesn't know who you are but were easily awed by your talent, your voice. Oh your voice. I can say a lot of things about your voice.

 

Last night I heard you singing. You were singing your favorite song in front of the mirror while you were drying your hair after your routine shower before going to bed. I know I've said this to you a million times now, but I will say this again. Yours is the voice that I will never tire of hearing. But you know when I love it most? It's when you're singing for yourself -- not minding other people who could be listening, not minding their opinions. It's because I know that you love it like that.

 

Last night I saw you dancing too. It was, again, in front of a crowd. They were screaming your name and loving every moment they get to feast their eyes on you. Well, I have a confession to make -- I am one of those people having the time of their lives just seeing you move, your gracious body swaying and moving to the beat. While some people say that you're too thin for your height, I have a different view. For me, your body is as perfect as it could be. Especially when its tangled against mine.

 

Last night we made love. Looking down at you with those half-lidded eyes and half opened mouth, I couldn't be any more blessed to be with someone as gorgeous as you. You see, I use the word gorgeous because beautiful is a huge understatement of just how perfect, beautiful, wonderful, awesome, a person you are. I love that I am yours and you are mine and that we can be one.

 

Last night we argued. It was something I said and something you did. I hate it when we argue, when we fight. I hate that those lovely, cat-like eyes of yours would turn to me not with love mirrored in them but with hatred. I hate that those full lips of yours would pout at me not because you were trying to be cute but because you were cursing me. I hate that your fingers are aimed at me not to tease me but to point at me angrily. I hate that you didn't allow me to comfort you. I hate that you pushed me away and asked to be left alone.

 

Last night, I slept with a heavy heart. Because last night, I lost you.

 


Niel's POV

 

Last night was one of the happiest days of my life. I was performing in front of a crowd who knows me, knows my songs, and, though I still can't fathom how this could be, it's a crowd of people who loves me, adores me, and calls me perfect, beautiful even. I didn't imagine there could be a lot of people who would shower me with that much attention. After all, I thought you're a rare specie. :)

 

Last night, just like any other night, you were playing your role playing game. You said this is a different one when I asked you about the one that I last saw you play. You said that this one's more interesting and more of a brain exerciser and that you're convinced that I should try it too. Well, I was tired and simply kissed the top of your head as I make my way to the shower. You giggled. It's because you always get tickled when I do that. And I do that because I know how ticklish you are. I love the sound of your giggles, more than you can ever imagine.

 

Last night we talked about a lot of things. Things from the past, the things we went through to be where we are right now. We received a lot of criticisms and faced a lot of hardships throughout our relationship. We looked back at how strong we became. How greatly and bravely we faced each trial and succeeded against them with flying colors. We also talked about the present. What we're doing right now, and about our short term goals as well. Yours is to have a convenience store below a gym while mine is to manage a cafe that serves the most delicious Affogato and cakes in town. Of course we talked about the future. Our future. For the first time, you shared that you would like to have children. I remembered pressing you about that during the early phase of our relationship and I remembered you simply shrugging your shoulders and giving me that childish smile of yours because you know I would drop everything when you show me that boyish smile I so love.

 

Last night we made love. Among many nights with you, it was magical. Yours is the only name I would love to moan, scream even when I come to that point when my body has a mind of its own, totally out of my control. Yours are the lips I will forever long to kiss, eyes I will never tire of staring at, hands I would automatically link mine with, and body I will share the heat with during the cold season. Oh, might I forget. Yours is the only heart I would love to feel beating against mine.

 

Last night we argued. I can't even remember how or when but we started screaming. You were screaming, I was screaming. I can't understand the words we're saying, nor can I understand the hate in your eyes. Was it my doing? Did I do something wrong? But I also feel angry, suggesting that you also did something wrong. My mind is fogged. I never liked it when we argue. We stopped screaming after a while. You tried to coax me but it doesn't feel right. I asked you to leave and I know you know that when I asked you to leave, I really mean that I want you to leave. Despite the anger, I felt thankful that you still understood this and that you left without a word, without another glance, without even a touch.

 

Last night, I cried on my pillows because it's the first night that I am not sleeping the night with you.

 


C.A.P's POV

 

Morning came and I can feel the bags under my eyes growing thicker by the second. I finished my cup of coffee, the third this morning, and still feel like . I don't want to believe that last night really happened. But if it didn't, why am I alone here in the cafe, playing with the cake I ordered with my fourth cup of coffee? I'm starting to feel my heartbeat racing. I'm already palpitating. This is bad. I tried to relax by breathing in and out, in and out, as though it's the most important thing to do in life.

 

That's when I saw him standing there, staring at me, obviously aware of what's happening to me. His eyes quickly flash with worry and my heart doubled, tripled its beating that I unconsciously grabbed my chest in a vain attempt to calm it down. Quickly, he rushed to my side, his cat-like eyes going as wide as they could get, his full lips forming a perfect O. I would have laughed. He looked so cute. But I have to focus on breathing first.

 


Niel's POV

 

I didn't even notice that I was breathing in and out, in and out with C.A.P until I realized that he was laughing at me, his small eyes growing even smaller and reducing into tiny slits of black. His shoulders are shaking from laughing, though no audible sound can be heard from him. I would have smiled, laughed even seeing him like this but the fact that he's stil clutching his chest kept the worry from turning into glee. It's bad for him to drink even a cup of coffee, he palpitates and have difficulty in breathing. Because of this, he never really drink coffee except for those times when he feels the most down. Those times like today due to what happened last night.

 

"I'm sorry." I couldn't help but say.

 

"No, I'm sorry." He said without taking his eyes off me -- eyes that stares right through my soul.

 

Finally, he took his hand away from clutching his chest and open his arms for me. I didn't have to think twice. I quickly went into his arms and sobbed in his chest. I felt his chest vibrating from his laughter. This time, I heard him laughing. Oh, the sweet sound of it. I closed my eyes and felt his heart beating back to its normal rhythm. I smiled despite the tears.

 

"Let's not fight again. Ever again." I heard him say, his deep baritone voice booming above my head though he said it gently. I nodded and cuddled even closer.

 

"Let's pretend last night didn't happen." I said without opening my eyes.

 

"No, we can't." He said as he brush my hair.

 

"Why?" I asked, pulling away from him without letting our bodies lose contact.

 

"Becase last night, I realized that I will never ever live this lifetime without you. Not ever." Again, he pulled me into a hug and I know, deep within me, that I feel totally the same. 

 

Somehow, I was thankful for last night.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N: The inspiration for this first one shot from me since forever, is that I dreamt of Niel last night. It was a beautiful dream. He was performing on top of a table, circled with a few people. The setting was a wedding and he was invited to perform Say Goodbye (the one he performed for his solo stage for their Summer Special concert in Japan last 2012). After his performance, he was lying on the bed where I was able to watch him sleep. Then I lay beside him and just watch him sleep. I think we also talked after a while when he woke up. He was asking me about how to travel back to Korea or something. Hehe. I love it. The whole thing is just beautiful and I woke up feeling really happy. The night before, I actually watched that solo stage which made me even happier to have that dream. :)