The Wait.

Those Summer Nights, Goodbye.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojung's driver pulled up at their house. She quietly got out and headed straight to her room. It was nearly 2 am in the morning, the "small get together" turned into such a night, she still couldn't quiet grasp everything that happened today. Soojung went to the bathroom to remove her makeup and change into her comfortable clothes.

"Agasshi. I've got you a cup of warm ginger tea, I heard you've just come back from the hospital!", she heard the maid's muffled voice.

"Come in.", she said quietly.

The door opened slowly, letting in EunHye Ajhumma in with a cup in her hand.

"Agasshi, are you okay? I heard you're just coming in from the hospital.", she lightly touched SooJung's hand, trying to find any physical injuries.

"I'm okay Ajhumma, I hope you don't mind, but I'm really tired and I'd like to rest. Thank you for the tea."

The caretaker looked at her for a few seconds, after convincing herself that Soojung was not badly hurt, she bowed to her and left the room. Soojung sighed and landed on her bed. As soon as her head hit the pillows, she couldn't keep her eyes open, and just like that she fell asleep.

The sun's rays broke through the window and caressed Soojung's face. The bright light making her uncomfortable. Slowly she opened her eyes. Ugh, I forgot to draw the curtains last night! Where is the remote for the blinds?! She groggily got out of bed after aimlessly trying to find the remote and shut the blinds. She jumped right into bed, but by then all the memories of last night came crashing down. Soojung was annoyed at herself for behaving that way, just running away from him. It was just that she was surprised with his confession, so many feelings just washed up in her: anxiety, uncertainity, happiness, confusion.

Did he really say that to me yesterday. Soojung decided that she could no longer stay like that. She got up, had a shower, brushed, changed into her day clothes and went downstairs for brunch (she had woken up late). The table was already elegantly set out, freshly squeezed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter