Anddd... He confesses!

It's Valentine's Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10 - Anddd... He confesses! Hurrah!

 

“So… What are we doing here again?” Soohyun asked, looking down at her muddied hands.

“We’re planting flowers!” He replied, happily shovelling away dirt to make a large enough hole for the plants. “Pretty flowers for a pretty lady,” he grinned behind his scarf.

Soohyun just blinked at him and looked back down at her hands in disgust. She disliked anything dirty and she was so not wearing the right clothes to be doing gardening. She sighed and continued to dig a hole. Of course, she was wearing gardening gloves but she was still grossed out, whereas Chanyeol was happily digging away with the hand shovel and placing the little pots of pink flowers into the earth. He felt her watching him and looked up at her with a grin.

She sighed, “Other than the obvious, why are we here? And don’t avoid the question.” Soohyun sat down properly on the grass, crossing her legs and leaned back on her hands. Chanyeol patted the last of the dirt around the flowers and joined her on the grass. He lay back to stare at the sky, watching the white clouds float by.

He took his time to answer before sitting up again and turning to look at Soohyun. “Do you know who I am?” he asked, and at seeing her eyes widen, Chanyeol could already guess the answer. He just laughed and poked her cheek lightly, “I guess you already know, huh?”

When she avoided his gaze, he looked away and sighed. They were silent for a while, Soohyun going back to her digging and planting while Chanyeol watched her. When she finished planting the last pink flowers, Chanyeol spoke up, “Do you know why you’re here with me?” he asked. Soohyun looked up at him then back down at her hands, methodically taking the gloves off before finally shaking her head.

“No, I just know that Baek is obsessed with getting me a boyfriend. The only reason I’m on this date with you, Chanyeol.”

“I see,” he replied, feeling sad and almost looking like a dejected puppy. Soohyun felt her heart beat at the sight and lifted a hand, about to pat his head like the puppy she just imagined but quickly retracted her hand before she did something strange.

Chanyeol was too busy staring at the grass and picking at it, running his hands through the green blades of grass that he didn’t notice what Soohyun was doing. He was feeling upset that Soohyun hadn’t already guessed what his feelings were and a bit embarrassed that he would now have to say so al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter