For Starters

To Break Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stared at the blinking red numbers on my alarm clock as the piercing noise bashed into my ears. Slamming my fist on the stupid thing to make it shut up, I pulled myself out of bed lazily and stood before my mirror. It was too late now to get dressed, so my pajamas were going to have to do. As an afterthought, though, I threw on sweatpants over my spandex shorts before grabbing a coffee and running out the door. 

I called a cab and told it where to go before losing myself to my thoughts. My father hadn't come back last night which wasn't too surprising. Some foolish part of me still wished that one day he would come home at a reasonable time and we would at least pretend to be a family. That, however, was a stupid wish that would never come true.

But my father didn't matter. I had more important things at hand such as the fact that I spent all night up watching the music video for Warrior. The song was catchy enough, but it would need some modifications to fit my vocal range. The dance was a whole other thing, though. It was strenuous and demanding which were two things my out of practice body could not handle at the moment.

"Kid! We're here!" The taxi driver called out to me, snapping me from my mind.

"Thanks," I mumbled as I handed him a wad of cash and got out of the car. 

Groggily, I walked into the building and was pointed in the direction of where I would be meeting my mentor.

"Stupid training so stupid early in the stupid morning," I complained as I finally made it to the room

Inside, there were six men lazing about on the floor in various arrays of tired. They all seemed about as excited as I was to be there which was not too encouraging for me.

"Heyyyy," I drew out the word, too tired. "Which one of you lovely floor potatoes is Zelo?"

I walked over to them and plopped down on the floor, but I was only met with silence and stares.

"One of you has got to be my mentor or I'm a fool." I frowned, sipping at my hot coffee tentatively.

"Does she not speak Korean?" One of them whispered to the others.

"Of course I speak Korean, silly!" I smacked his arm before downing the rest of my bitter beverage.

I looked up for a moment and tilted my head. Meeting the confused gazes of the six men, the caffeine hit my system.

"Oh, oh dear. Have I been speaking English?" I asked, biting my lip.

"You sure have been," one laughed as if I had just made his day.

"Well, uh, this is awkward," I laughed easily. "Let's start again. I'm Choi Yuna and my mentor is supposed to be Zelo."

"Zelo-ah, you're lucky you get a cute girl to mentor!" One of them sat up quickly to look at me.

"Ignore him. I'm Zelo," said the blue haired one who looked no older than a kid.

"Eh? How old are you?" I asked in disbelief.

"Sixteen," he replied, a hint of childish pouting in his voice.

"Well, I'm Yongguk and this is Himchan, Jongup, Daehyun, and Youngjae." The one who seemed to be the leader interjected, pointing around their little lazy circle at each member.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter