You Meant the World to Me (KaiSoo)

The Realization of the Love we used to have

Jongin was awkwardly sitting between his friends and their lovers. It was an awkwrd moment for him to see such lovey dovey moments.

"Jongin, what are you looking at?"

"Huh? Oh, nothing. I was just spacing out."

"Chanyeol, Jongin's just jealous because he's single." Sehun laughed.

If only Jongin wasn't happy to see Sehun laughing genuinely, he would have hit the latter's head repeatedly.

"Guys, I have to go home early right now."

"Why?"

"I just felt the need to sleep. I wasn't able to sleep for hours because of your giggles!"

The lovers of his friends blushed at the sudden outburst.

"Seriously, Jongin. Maybe you need a lover too so you'll understand how amazing it is to be in love."

"I never been in love."

"What?!" The guy named Luhan asked. Jongin guessed he was shocked.

"That's impossible. You're already at your 2nd year of college and you never been in love? Is that true, Chanyeol?" The guy nmed Baekhyun ask furthermore.

"Yeah. He has too much taste in ideal people. Too high expectations."

"You can't tell that though. Love can get you no matter what the person is."

After school, Jongin was on his way home alone when he heard a scream of help. He decided to look for it.

He ran to an abandoned alley and found their bulky bully, Kris and the nerd. What was his name? Dongsoo? Kungsoo?

"Hey, don't hurt him!" Jongin doesn't know where he got the pride to punch the tall bully but the nerd's eyes was making him hurt. The nerd needs him.

"That hurts, stupid!" Kris also threw a punch at Jongin and a fight was started.

Jongin was feeling numb. All he thinks is that he has to rescue the nerd.

After what felt like hours, Kris ran away.

"Are you ok?"

"T-Thank y-you."

"No worries." Jongin then looked at the nerd's body for any sign of bruises or scars.

"What's your name?"

"Umm, my name is Jongin. You?"

"Do Kyungsoo." the guy named Kyungsoo smiled lovingly at him. He was saved by his crush. He didn't knew Jongin's name but he always see him at a practice room dancing so swiftly.

"Hi." Jongin then saw a big scar at his leg.

"Umm, I have to go home. Thanks again." Kyungsoo tried standing up but flinched while doing so.

"Hop on." Kyungsoo looked at Jongin and the latter was bending.

"Huh?"

"I'll piggyback you. You won't be able to walk home." Jongin didn't admit it but he was getting nervous of the thought of Kyungsoo riding on his back.

"Thanks." Kyungsoo slowly but surely rode on Jongin's back. It was awkward at first.

"So... where's your house?"

"It's on **********."

"Ok. So, while we're on our way, how about we got to know more about each other?" Jongin then became embarrassed. How can he just say that so bluntly?!

"Ok." Kyungsoo was worried if Jongin can feel his heart beat.

"Hmm? About me, I am an abandoned kid at the age of 6. I live with my two friends."

"I like studying and... can I tell you something?"

"Sure."

"I secretly watch you from the door at the practice room. Please don't be mad at me!" Kyungsoo tightened his hold on Jongin's neck and bury his head on the crook of the latter's neck.

Jongin stood frozen. He was feeling something. The way Kyungsoo tightened his hold on him made his heart beat and how the soft breathing of the smaller hits his neck makes him blush. Was this the feeling his friends called love?

"It's ok. You should have told me earlier to get a better view."

"Huh?"

"I don't mind you watching me. I'd like to see you watch me."

"Really?"

"Of course. An applause from someone will be great."

"Then, I'll be there next time!"

After years, Kyungsoo always do his promise in coming to the practice room just to watch Jongin's dances.

The day came when Jongin was so depressed because his mother saw him and plead for him to go back. Jongin was hurt as to why now? They realized only now? He was too hurt to take them back to his life.

Jongin was standing at the rooftop. He was trying to commit suicide.

"Jongin, stop this!" Sehun was crying. Why was he like this?

"I can't do this anymore, Sehun! I don't want to live anymore!"

"Have you thought about us, Jongin?!" Chanyeol was fuming with anger. Why is he being like this?!

"What do you mean, Chanyeol? You have someone in your life. You have Baekhyun and Sehun have Luhan. What do I have?!"

"Me!"

The friends looked at the owner of the voice and Jongin's heart broke at the sight of his 1st love.

Kyungsoo was getting thiner, getting paler and getting eyebags.

"What the heck are you doing?!"

"Kyungsoo, why are you here? You have classes."

"So?! You're trying to die and I'll just let you just like that?!"

Jongin was frozen.

"What about me, Jongin?! What will I do without you?!" Kyungsoo was a crying mess in a second.

Jongin felt a huge crash. It was his heart.

"I'm sorry." Jongin came down and hugged Kyungsoo.

"How dare you be so selfish!" Kyungsoo kept punching Jongin's chest while the two friends look at them with tear-streaked faces.

"I'm sorry, Kyungsoo." He hugged Kyungsoo as the latter was shaking. He also kissed the smaller's forehead.

"I love you, Jongin."

Everyone except for Kyungsoo froze. Did he said what they think he said?

"What?"

"I love you, you idiot."

"I-I..."

"Hey, Kim Jongin! Answer him!"

"Yeah! We all know that you feel the same!"

Kyungsoo looked at Jongin and so did Jongin.

"I-I love you too, Kyungsoo." And Jongin did the unthinkable: he kissed him.

"Woo! Jongin finallly had one!"

"Pay up, Sehunnie."

"Hmph!"

After the kiss, Jongin looked at his two friends.

"You two bet on me?!"

"You were so slow and we thought it'll be fun."

Kyungsoo and laughed and Jongin pouted.

Maybe, he already know what love is...