Two

Again

I followed appa and omma home that day, or should i call them Mr and Mrs Kim? Regardless of what, i still love them and am grateful for them, for giving me a new life, welcoming me into their family, as their daughter-in-law. He was there, sitting on the couch, watching TV. He didn't seem to care.

"appa, omma.." he called out as a form of respect. He may be bad to me but he is a good person, a filial son to his parents, a loyal brother to his friends.That's what i liked about him, although there are many more factors. Although he don't like me at all. The last time we actually had a real and proper conversation was right before our engagement party. I still remember....

"are you sure? There's no returning point.." he said, without looking at me.

"yes..." i answered timidly.

"ok then..but don't regret..." he said.

"i won't.." i said. why would i regret? i had a crush on you since i was 12,  when you saved me from the group of bullies. Why would i regret marrying my crush? it's a dream come true for every girl....

"we'll see.." he said before we entered the hall which our party was held. "bye miyeon.."

That was the last thing he said to me, in a whisper. Calling me by the name, Miyeon. Almost everyone knows me by Michelle and not miyeon. I rarely used my korean name. Not even Mr and Mrs Kim or my parents call me by that. But, he just refused to call me by the name Michelle, as if the name haunts him. But i couldn't care less. I just know that i love him and he's marrying me and we're going to live together. That's all. I'm going to be happy, i told myself. But it turns out that it was a lie, i totally regretted it.

Back to the present, i watched him as his eyes glued to the TV even when his parents walked to sit at the couple couch beside him. That's how we sat everytime after a family dinner. I would be beside him, linking arms with him and his parents would be sitting there and watching us, saying how sweet we are together. It hurts me whenever they say that. It was a lie, an act, put up for them, for the whole world. Things are different when we are alone. We would have dinner separately. Sometimes, he won't even be home. The servants know but they didn't tell anything to the real master and mistress of the house. They know what to do. They know about the act. They cared about me and I'm grateful to them.

"Where were you just now?" Mrs Kim asked but his eyes remained fixed on the TV set. I knew it, he wouldn't care less. And he was not afraid to show the real side to his parents now that I am out of his sight. No one will bother him now when i'm not there. He can have his freedom. He can party all day and night without me there. He have nothing to care when i'm not there. As if he ever cares about me in the first place.

"out..couldn't make it back" he simply replied.

"she's in a critical condition..the doctor said she only have about one month time...she's your wife, Jongin.." Mrs Kim said. One month..so i only have one month time to spend with him. But he won't spend time with me. And I'm just a wandering soul now, powerless and transparent. No one can see me or hear me. The real me only have one month lying in the hospital bed in the ICU ward, waiting to die. And i still don't know what happened to me.

"I know, omma. You don't have to keep reminding me of that." he said.

"what happened to the both of you? why can't you tell us? what happened when we're not around? why is she in such state? you two are so lovey-dovey but now...what happened son?" Mr Kim said agitatedly.

"nothing appa...nothing..don't worry..i will go visit her.. i know what i have to do as a husband.." he said, not even sounding sincere. He said it just to satify his parents. husband? when did you ever fufil your duties? sleeping around with women is something a husband should do? ignoring his wife is what a husband should do? I don't need you as my husband Kim Jongin, i have long given up on you even though i still love you.  I sat down at the couch after he walked off, up the stairs and back to our room, which is his now, since i'm not there. He must be happy he don't need to sleep on the sofa and that he don't need to face me.

"Appa, Omma...don't worry about me...Actually I'm nothing to you...you don't have to be sad for me..." i said when i saw a tear coming down Mrs Kim cheeks. I sighed and walked out to the garden.

"Heaven, are you playing a fool on me? why is this happening? They don't deserve this.." I said as i looked up at the sky. Mr and Mrs Kim were innocent, they don't have to grief for me. Even my own husband don't and wouldn't do that. I think he would be happier if i were dead for he won't have to see me anymore. He hated me from the day we learnt that we are in a arranged marriage. He hated me as if I took something precious from him. We were still considered friends before our parents decided to bring us together. Even though we don't really talk to each other when we meet because of our parents, he still sort of took care of me when we entered high school. He didn't hate me that time and i thought we would have a chance to be together. Until the engagement which i thought was a dream come true. Turns out to be a nightmare. It may be because of him that I'm in this state. He was the only one that knows everything about me.

I don't have much friends in school because everyone thinks i'm not approachable just because I'm Mrs Kim, I'm Kim Jongin's girl. My only friends was his group of brothers whom he calls EXO. We weren't close but we knew each other and would hang out together sometimes, before we got engaged. Life was perfect before the engagement. The engagement ruined everything.

I need to find out what happened. And i only have one month. My last wish is to let him know that no matter how much i hated him, i still love him.