The mission.

Banned

The long, corridor was pitched black, light entered the dusty, dark corridor from the crack of the far away doorway. Drew slowly moved towards the door. His slow, light footsteps echoed in the long, empty, cold, lifeless corridor. Drew’s breathing was slow and long, as he attempted to prevent himself from making too much noise. He cautiously neared the large, old, oak doors. He kept his senses on alert in case someone walked towards the door. He finally reached the door and placed his ear against it, listening out for any voices. The hairs on the back of his neck stood up as his heart raced. He was scared that he’d be caught. He knew that he wouldn’t be able to escape if it came down to it, and he knew that not even Xiumin could talk his way out of it. Drew tried in desperation to rid his mind of worries as he tried to listen for voices.

He stood there for what felt like an eternity, until he worked up the courage to enter. He slowly raised his hand and clutched the cold, metal door handle. He slowly pushed it open. It opened with a creak and caused light to erupt into the once vast, dark nothingness of a corridor. The corridor came alive as light danced off mirrors that hung on the run-down, brown wallpapered walls. Drew could clearly see the spider webs along the ceiling. All down the sides of the corridor, wallpaper started to tear off the wall, and in spots none remained. The corridor resembled a post-war town, full of destruction yet full of hope and life. The corridor still contained remembrances of its once great self.

Drew quickly slid into the room and shut the door behind him. The door creaked shut behind him, causing Drew to wince as if the creaking sound was hurting him. The room was smaller than Drew imagined, however it surprisingly clashed with the corridor he had just left. The room was rather modern, with white painted walls. The walls where clean and the room itself appeared to have undergone an intense clean. No dust or dirt could be seen. To his right a small, wooden, cluttered desk stood overlooking the whole room. The desk held an organised mess, as piles of files towered across the desk. The rest of the room was occupied with rows of cabinets, each containing hundreds of files on various people.

Drew checked his surroundings and after ensuring that the coast was clear he quickly strode across to the first filing cabinet and looked at the label. The label read

“A – 000-100”

Drew looked down at the other labels which ended at the number 500. Drew then checked the next column, which covered numbers 600-998. The column after then started at “B - 000”. Drew scanned the cabinets in search of cabinet “K”.  After minutes of frantic searching Drew finally found cabinet “K – 000 – 100”. Drew tore the cabinet open and started to scan through the files as fast as lightning. He desperately tore through the files in search of a particular person.  After reaching a dead end he began his search through the other cabinets marked with a K. However despite his relentless pursuit, Drew came up short with nothing.

“Where the is it?” cursed Drew as he reached number 999.

Drew slammed the cabinet shut in frustration. He collapsed onto the floor, his feet weak and tired. The continuous fear of capture weakened him.

“What the now?” asked Drew. “That was the only 1000 K’s of this town and he wasn’t there.”

Just then Drew lifted up his head, his eyes widening in realisation. He quickly jumped to his feet and pulled open the drawer, revealing the cabinet full of files. He quickly scanned through the files, checking each number as he did so.

“998, 999…..” Drew paused as he stared at the cabinet in both confusion and contentment. He quickly checked the numbers on the outside of the cabinet. “Numbers 900-1000. So where is number 1000?”

Before he could let the revelation sink in further Drew’s skin jumped as footsteps echoed from the corridor. Drew began to panic. He looked around the room in search of an exit. His heart raced in fear and his blood left his face. Aware that the only exit from the room was unusable, Drew began to search for a hiding spot. The footsteps got closer and the clear voice of two people, a female and a male, could be heard approaching. Drew’s eyes stopped on the small, wooden desk. Without a second thought Drew made for it. He sprinted with all his might to the desk and in the blink of an eye, he slid under the table. He hit the bottom of the desk with a bang. The adrenaline which pulsed around his body caused him to take no notice of the pain. The moment he got his legs under the desk and out of sight, the door to the room creaked open and the two people entered.

“Can you believe it?” asked the woman.

The woman sounded like she was in her thirties, she had a youthful voice that sounded like it had been attacked by the maturity of life. Her voice echoed around the room.

“No, how the hell did that get into our city?” responded the man. The man had a deep, husky voice.

“I heard the young one is from this city” announced the girl as she began to walk to the other side of the room.

“What? A from here? What has the world come to?”

The man appeared to have leaned on the desk as the desk suddenly creaked. At the same time a pile of files fell onto the floor around where Drew was hiding. Drew’s eyes widened in horror as he could hear the man stand up and begin to walk around the desk.

“Leave them and help me here” called the girl. “Why do you think Suho’s here?”

“What? He has job that doesn’t involve an old man’s ” laughed the man.

“Or anyone that’ll give him it” joked the girl.

“Well I suppose picking up the files would involve some bending, something that has plenty of experience with.”

The two broke out into laughter. Drew’s fists clenched as he listened to the two people talking. He couldn’t stand the homophobia that had swept the country and he couldn’t help but hate it more when people used someone’s homouality as a fault of the person.  The man walked into the distance, his voice could still be heard laughing at his supposed joke.

“What are they doing about the in the city?” asked the woman.

“Who?”

“You know. That Kyungsoo guy” replied the woman.

“Oh, I think they said something about terminating him, or something”

“Really! Does that mean….”

“Yes, we get to experience our first burning” finished the man excitedly.

The girl squealed in happiness before loudly skipping out of the room, leaving the man to follow, slamming the door shut behind them.

“Burning!?” exclaimed Drew. “Kyungsoo?”

Drew stayed in place, frozen in shock.

“They’re burning Kyungsoo!” said Drew after moments of silence. “I… I...I have to tell them”

Drew quickly scrambled to his feet, knocking the files around him to the side. Suddenly out of the corner of his eye something griped his attention. He turned and staring straight at him, on the floor, was a file and on the cover read “K – 1000- Kyungsoo”. Drew quickly grabbed the file and tore it open. On the first page sat a photo of Kyungsoo. Drew scanned the page and at the bottom sat a large red mark. Drew turned the file in order to make out the writing on the mark. Eventually he was able to put the letters together.

“TERMINATE!” exclaimed Drew in horror.

 


Apologise for the gap, i had to study for exams. Anyway, no that my exams are over for the minute, i will try and upload as much as possible over the next two weeks.

I hope you liked this chapter. Subscribe, upvote, or comment if you did. Thanks for reading.....