Let's Begin

Banned

Baekhyun stood behind a tall, large oak tree in the middle of a large, green garden. The garden was over looked by an old, crumbling castle. The castle was grand in size, but its deteriorating exterior took away from its powerful appearance. The castles window frames were empty or held broken glass windows. Bricks lay crumbled in their places, while others lay scattered around the bottom of the building. Baekhyun checked the garden for signs of live. The garden was vast but empty, a couple of trees stood huddled together around Baekhyun, while the rest of the garden was a vast space of grass. Unlike the building the grass was well kept and groomed. Baekhyun, upon confirming the lack of life at the back of the building, emerged from behind the tree and quickly sprinted across the grass, taking care to ensure he wouldn’t be detected. His heart beat rapidly with each step, his breathing was silent and still.

He could hardly believe what he was doing and what was happening, however he held in all confusion, all fear, all his worries and concentrated on his task at hand. Before he knew what was happening he had taken his bag off his back, ped it and took out the small, strangely shaped object. Baekhyun closed his eyes, remembering what Drew told him.

“Point the triangular side towards the roof” said Drew’s voice in his head as he recalled Drew’s instructions. Baekhyun, wasting no time for fear of detection and did as he remembered being instructed. Within seconds Baekhyun had launched the triangular side which shot up to the roof like a bullet. In the blink of an eye it had reached its target, hooked itself on and was ready for Baekhyun to hoist himself up. Baekhyun took the black clip from the rope and hooked it onto the belt buckle of his black jeans. Baekhyun suddenly froze as the voices of two men could be heard.

“Nothing strange” reported one of the men as they approached.

The men were approaching the corner that separated them from Baekhyun. Wasting no time Baekhyun twisted the round edge back into its place and was propelled up to the roof. The building’s wall raced past him faster than his eyes could take. In a split second Baekhyun had been hoisted from the ground and had landed on the roof of this ancient castle. Baekhyun hit the ground hard, however he felt no pain. Unaware of the cuts, scrapes and bruises he received from his fall he picked himself up and looked down to the ground.

Baekhyun could see the two men he had heard. They wore the typical black suits, white shirts, black ties and black sunglasses of security. Baekhyun could make out a faint line from the ear of one of the men. The line went down the back of the man’s neck and disappeared under his collar.

“Negative” reported the other man, lifting his sleeve to his mouth. The first man, who had brown hair looked up towards the roof, however Baekhyun had already ducked out of sight and was preparing his gun. He took his hand gun, loaded it and took it off safety. He took in a deep breath as he prepared himself for what was to come. Deciding that he was going to continue with what he was doing he stood up, put his bag on his back, which once again contained the small, oddly shaped contraption. Baekhyun scanned the whole rooftop. The rooftop was uneven, flat in parts, raised in others and even slanted. However the rooftop was void of life. He caught a glimpse of a doorway in the distance, positive that no one else was here Baekhyun made his way to the doorway.

The doorway was small but contained no door. Baekhyun frowned upon noticing this, he lifted his wrist, exposing a watch and pressed a button at the side. The watch emitted a faint red light which scanned the doorway. The light then disappeared as quickly as it had arrived. Baekhyun looked at the watches screen as a red bar made its way across the screen. The red line then made way for large red letters that formed the word TRAP. Baekhyuns eyes widened. He quickly jumped away from the doorway. At that precise moment an explosion occurred, scattering bricks and destroying the entrance. Baekhyun was thrown by the explosion; however he managed to roll upon landing and avoided any injuries.

Almost as soon as he landed gun shots erupted from the smoke covered entrance. Baekhyun dodged the bullets and jumped behind a crate that was blown upright against the uneven rooftop. The crate was jammed into place and managed to shelter Baekhyun from the gunfire. Baekhyun, without hesitation fired back at the smoke covered entrance, however realising that it was no good he stopped firing and remained behind the crate silently. He checked his bag for the black phone Xiumin had handed him. He finally found it and took it out. The smoke was starting to clear but was still too dense for Baekhyun to see anyone that was firing at him. He took the phone and pressed the green call button.

The phone automatically started to call.

“Hello” answered a flustered Xiumin.

“What’s happening” replied Baekhyun as he heard gun fire erupting from behind him.

“It looks like we were a bit late starting, they knew we were coming.”

“What how?”

“All of us, every team around the country, where to begin operations at the exact same time. Obviously the PROTECTION alerted each other once our attacks started.” Answered Xiumin

Baekhyun could hear the gunfire increase and he could hear men yelling to kill Xiumin.

“Stay safe” said Baekhyun.

“Until I see you again” replied Xiumin.

“Wait!” yelled Baekhyun as he heard Xiumin lower the phone.

“What?” replied a worried Xiumin.

“I love you” announced Baekhyun.

Silence came from Xiumin; the only thing audible was the gun fire.

“I love you too” replied a chocked up Xiumin.

“Now, kill those bastards so I can see you again” instructed Baekhyun.

“Will do” sniffled Xiumin.

Baekhyun hung up, aware that the dust had just settled. He put the phone into his bag, zipped it up and put the bag onto his shoulders.

“Let’s begin, you bastards”