First Look

Banned

Xiumin and Baekhyun briskly walked down a large, dimly lit corridor. The corridor had a green, dirty carpet, which stretched down the whole length. The carpet was ripped and stained in parts. The green was distorted throughout the carpet due to both the stains and the dim lights. The walls were covered in water stains that stretched down various lengths of the walls. The two walked straight down the corridor, ignoring the stale smell that enveloped the whole corridor. The two eventually reached the small, wooden door. The door was scratched and covered in spider webs. Baekhyun reached for the handle and turned it with his tight grip. The handle suddenly fell off and hit the ground, smashing into pieces.

Baekhyun froze and slowly looked up at Xiumin. Xiumin looked at him in amusement. Baekhyun stared at Xiumin’s large smile in confusion. Xiumin patted Baekhyun on the head and turned back to the door. Xiumin knocked on the door with force. The two stood in silence as they awaited an answer. Seconds later feet could be heard scurrying around behind the door. Then suddenly, the door was opened with a creak. A small head peaked past the door. Upon seeing Xiumin the little head popped back behind the door and fully opened it.

Xiumin walked straight into the room. The room was small and dark. It had a large, wall sized window straight ahead, with a desk and a computer to the right. The desk was cluttered with empty wrappers and bottles. The floor around it was covered with crumpled up paper. The small head belonged to a small man. The man wore an oversized black suit. The suit had a white tie, which dangled down to the man’s knees. The man bowed to Xiumin before scurrying over to his desk and pressing a red button nearby a microphone that stood in the middle of the mess.

Baekhyun followed Xiumin into the room. Xiumin walked straight to the large window and stared through it. On the opposite side of the window lay a small, white room. The room was stained and run down. The white walls had slowly become a pale cream, yellow colour. The corners were filled with spider webs that camouflaged into the mole that inhabited the corners and ceilings. Slowly a door to the left opened and a small, thin, young man gingerly entered. The man’s young, handsome face was tainted with years of hard work and hardships. His eyes were covered with deep, black bags. The man looked exhausted. His clothes were ripped, dirty and were too big for him. His once white t-shirt was ripped up the side. The rip exposed his skin, which clung to his rib cage. It highlighted the mans under nourishment and fatigue.

Baekhyun looked at the man in horror. His eyes widened and his pupils began to dilate. He couldn’t believe his eyes as he slowly crept towards the window, step by step. Baekhyun felt faint as he stared at his younger brother, who looked as if he had been homeless for years. Baekhyun felt somewhat panicked and began to look from side to side in search for a door into the room. Baekhyun jumped in shock as Xiumin placed his hand on his shoulder. Baekhyun started to calm down and turned to face Xiumin.

“Kyungsoo-ah....” croaked Baekhyun.

“Don’t worry, we will have in a day” said Xiumin.

“He’s so thin” replied Baekhyun in a hoarse voice.

“There’s no need to worry too much. You can look after him from tomorrow onwards and then you can both live with me as my servants.”

Baekhyun looked at him and mouthed a thank you. However suddenly they both looked up as a bang could be heard. The door on the right flew open and a group of men in swat gear ran in. the room began to fill with smoke as a detonator went off. Kyungsoo jumped in fright. He ran to the corner and cuddled up on the floor, clutching his knees to his chest. He pressed his head into his knees as the men approached.

“What’s going on?” yelled Xiumin turning towards the desk, where the small man was no longer.

Baekhyun began to panic as the first man reached Kyungsoo and smashed his gun into Kyungsoo’s head. Beakhyun started to pound on the window, screaming as loud as he could.

“NO, NO” screamed Baekhyun, as he pounded his fist on the mirror.

Inside the other room, the gas began to cloud everyone’s view. The men had pulled Kyungsoo out of the corner and threw him into the middle of them. They began to kick and beat up Kyungsoo, who screamed in a hoarse and frail voice. Slowly the gas began to block Baekhyuns view. However the last thing he could see was Kyungsoo being lifted up by his neck. His blood stained face and swollen eye were clearly visible to Baekhyun. Kyungsoo was then propped up on his knees and then peed on by a large man, who laughed wickedly as Kyungsoo struggled against the other men’s restraints.  Baekhyun continued to pound on the mirror. Xiumin walked to the door and pulled it open, the mayor and his assistant were hurrying towards the door. They were half way there when Xiumin had opened the door.

“What’s going on” yelled Xiumin, his voice filled with anger.

“What’s wrong?” asked the mayor, appearing oblivious to the ongoing incident.

The mayor reached the door and stared in at the screaming Baekhyun who was now sitting on the floor under the window, crying as he screamed out Kyungsoo’s name.

“What’s wrong with him?” asked the mayor.

“It doesn’t matter, what does matter is why Kyungsoo is being assaulted by a team of swat men?” replied Xiumin, his anger clearly visible in his voice.

“Assault?” asked the mayor. “What are you on about?”

Xiumin stared at him, wide eyed. He tried to calm his anger as he attempted to compose a sentence that contained no cursing.

“Bring Kyungsoo here, to me now.” Demanded Kyungsoo.

“What?” smirked the mayor. “You just saw him.”

“No. We just saw Kyungsoo being assaulted by a group of men.” Yelled Xiumin. “I want to see Kyungsoo, right in front of me. NOW!”

The two stared at each other, each with a determined expression. Baekhyun continued to sit on the floor crying as he quietly called out Kyungsoos name in between gasps of air.