~7~

A Year In Korea: My Return

The following afternoon, Annie and Doojoon asked Nathan to come up to their company to 'discuss' something.

Nathan spotted the fellow Beast members working hard to train a new boy group to success. He waved hi and marched into the President's office.

Doojoon was sitting on a black leather chair with a great view of the city while Annie was chatting with him from the leathered couch.

Nathan sat down next to Annie. "So what's up? Aren't you guys suppose to be at your honeymoon?"

"Yeah,we're going tomorrow, but before we leave, I just wanted to tell you something about Dongwoon." Doojoon said.

Nathan raised an eyebrow. "Oh? What is it?"

"You see, we have some close ties with a spy agency and we asked them last night to make a background check on Dongwoon. Yesterday when he attended our wedding, he was....."

"Beat up? Yeah I'm pretty sure we all noticed."

"Well, it turns out that after Beast disbanded, he distant himself from the rest of us because he end up joining a gang and works at a club now."

Nathan's eyes widen. I really didn't expect a boy like him to be in a gang.

"And I know Michelle still has feelings for him. I can tell. So we're telling you this so it's up to you if you want to tell Michelle the truth."

"I mind as well tell her the truth. I mean her 'fiance' is not much of a difference between a gangster swindlig people's money."

----------

That night, Nathan told Michelle the club Dongwoon works at.

She looked at the address and walked in. She was bumped many times by dancing bodies and sniffed the smell of smoke and alcohol in the air.

How can Dongwoon end up working in a place like this? I thought he went to college?

She stopped when she spotted Dongwoon socializing with a well-built guy having tattoos run all over his body.

She walked up to him when the guy left. "Dongwoon."

He jerked up in surprised and spun around in his seat with his back facing her.

Her bright face turned into a frown. "Why are you working here?"

Dongwoon took a sip of his alcohol. "What do you mean why?"

"You use to be an idol and went to college of all jobs why here?"

"Like you said. USE TO and I never graduated."

She was shocked from his words. Did I do this to him? Did I ruin his life?

"Now leave before something happens and I can't be responsible."

With teary eyes, she left the club, but to only be greeted by a few druggies.

She pushed pass them, but the started to scream and kick trashcans.

Michelle ignored them and continued to walk when someone grabbed her hair. "Ouch!" She screamed.

The druggies yanked her closer to them as she tried to struggle free.

She elbowed one of them while the other attempted to slap her until he was stopped by a hand.

"Dongwoon!" I knew he would be here for me.

"Scram or else." he threatened.

He lifted you up from the ground. "Since you are such a nuisance, I guess I have to walk you home then. Where do you live?"

"~~~~~ Hotel." She told him.

Thw two walked silently together until you reached the hotel. Dongwoon was worried about her so he wouldn't leave until they reached her room.

She took out her key and opened the door.

She thanked Dongwoon, but he already turned around to leave. She ran up to him and grabbed his arm.

He turned half way around. "What do you want?"

She hesitated a bit."Dongwoon-ah, I want to tell you something."

"Make it quick."

She bit her lip. "I'm sorry."

"That's it?" He brushed her hand off and walked away.

She was determined and ran after him. "That's not all."