He wasn't there.

Tiny Tokki

  Minho habitually dropped a skittle into his pocket, and didn't even notice that Kibum was looking at him. "Why do you keep dropping food in your pocket Minho?"

 

"Huh?" Minho looked up from his book. 

 

"You keep putting skittles in your pocket. Only red ones. Why?" Kibum tapped his fingers over the table top. 

 

"I save them for later." Minho replied calmly before turning back to his book, but he still looked into his pocket where Jinki was gently the red skittle quietly.  

 

Kibum's words were cut off by the ringing of the bell. Minho smiled and quickly stood up, "Well I'll see you tomorrow okay Bummie." The other students had left the room already, and it being the library, there wasn't any supervision besides the really old librarian that was conked out in her office.  Minho made his way to leave but the other boy wasn't going to allow him to get off easy.  As they walked passed one of the aisles of books, he grabbed Minho's arm and pulled him into the dimly lit space between the two bookshelves.  He was about to speak but Jinki popped his head out glaring up at Minho. 

 

"Hey what's with all the jerking? You made me drop my skittle." He climbed up at little and smacked his small hand against Minho's cheek softly.

 

"Wha.. What the hell is that!" Kibum shrieked.

 

"Well, uh, this is Jinki." Minho grabbed the bunny boy off his shoulder softly, mindful to not bend his ears. Holding him out slightly to show Kibum he said. " Jinki you know this is Kibum."

 

Jinki attempted to scramble back into his warm pocket, but Minho held him firmly.  He looked up with scared eyes, his tiny frame shaking a little as he tried to hide himself behind his ears. Minho gently ran his finger over one of them, knowing that it always made Jinki calm down. He peeked from around his ears with wide eyes as he asked softly. "The loud person that always makes the scratchy scratch noise all the time?" Minho nodded. "Can I go back into my pocket now? Please?" 

 

When Minho's fingers let go he quickly scrambled back into his safe, warm pocket. He poked his head out, his ears laying softly on his soft back as his eyes looked over the edge of the pocket. Kibum was looking at him with wide bewildered eyes. "I am not loud."

 

"You kind of are." Minho commented. 

 

"What is it and why can it talk?"

 

"I am not an it thank you." Jinki glared, but dropped back down into the pocket as soon as Kibum's eyes looked at him. 

 

"His name is Jinki Kibum." Minho said softly, " And I couldn't tell you what he is, but he's nothing to freak out about or be scared of. Well unless you have candy, then you have every right to be scared." Jinki tossed his dropped skittle at the boys nose. Who looked down as he rubbed his nose.  

 

As Jinki looked at Kibum's face, and how bewildered and scared he actually was, he began to feel a long forgotten emotion. Ever since Minho had found him, he had forgotten that not every one was so accepting of him. He was strange and different, and people didn't accept stange and different very easily.   He also knew that Kibum held every thing he cared for in his hands. The boy could go tell everyone about him, and his time with Minho would probably be cut short to people who would want to poke and prode him for testing. 

 

He never wanted to leave Minho. He loved his life with the boy. The way he talked to him like he wasn't a small freak of nature. How he poked him gently and even more for his rubber ducky. Even the way Minho liked to give his tail a soft tug to annoy him and get his attention. He loved the skittles and even the licorice that he rarely got. Hide and seek and his sock that he slept in every night. He knew that Kibum could be the end to all of that, and if the boy did tell he also knew that it was his fault that it would have all happened. All because he just had to talk when he shouldn't have.

 

He struggled to get out of his pocket but managed to and crawled down Minho's crossed arms. He stood there with big eyes, his ears surrounding his face and he bit   his bottom lip. " You.. you won't tell anyone about me will you?"   

 

"Wait what?" The boy shook himself out of his daze as he looked down at the little thing.

 

"You won't tell anyone about me?" Jinki asked again. " I don't want to be taken away from Minho." He added softly, his eyes already a little glossy.

 

"I.." Kibum seemed to deflate. "No.. I won't tell anyone." He eyed Jinki curiously as the small bunny boy smiled. 

 

Jinki pulled on Minho's jacket sleeve to get his attention, even though the boy had never taken his eyes off of him. The tiny bunny pointed over at Kibum, and though said boy was confused, Minho seemed to get the idea. He picked up Jinki and softly held him out for Kibum. "What.. what are you doing?!" 

 

Jinki held his arms out, reaching for him with a small hesitant smile on his face. "I want to be friends."  

 

Kibum opened and shut his mouth repeaditily. Not really knowing what to say, instead he opted to slowly reach out his hand. Jinki smiled and carefully stepped into his palm. He hugged the boys thumb with a huge smile. Kibum looked up at Minho, utterly confused about what to do. The taller boy just smiled and leaned against the wall. Jinki lifted his tiny hand and petted his ear, showing the boy what to do, and when Kibum did he did it very hesitantly. But as soon as his finger touched the soft fur a soft smile broke out on his face. 

 

"See I don't bite." Jinki said with a big smile as he leaned into the touch.

 

"Him maybe." Minho commented under his breath, which earned a glare from the tiny bunny boy.  

 

"How long have you..." Kibum's voice trailed off. 

 

"A couple months. I found him with a broken arm." Minho replied.

 

"And these tiny cloths?"

 

"He made them for me. Aren't they adorable?" Jinki jiggled a little on Kibum's palm as the boy continued to pet his ears softly. He gently lifted his cheeks as he looked up pleased at the boy. "Just like me huh?" 

 

Kibum giggled despite himself as he gently pinched the bunny's cheek. " Yea, just like you." 


                                                                         xoxox


Then came the day that threw Minho into what he liked to call the "Dark Ages". JInki had been feeling under the weather, and because of that opted to stay home wrapped up in his sock with a huge glass of his favorite juice sitting on the table beside the bed. He had  ordered Minho to go to school and promised that he was okay. He recieved a lite kiss on his small head and a pile of red skittles that Minho had spent time that morning shifting through the bag for. 

 

All day Minho was worried for the little guy, and he really wasn't paying attention to school at all. Kibum noticed this, and so did his teachers, so he lied that he was feeling in when sent to the office. He was sent home a little before lunch. He rushed up to his room, expecting to see Jinki snoring softly in his sock hugging the stuffed cat that he had found in a Barbie toy set, but he didn't. He didn't see a sign of the little bunny boy anywhere. 

 

"Jinx?" He called out, thinking that maybe the bunny thought it was a good time to  go explore the house, but there was no answer. No rummaging of paper, or the squealing that usually followed when Jinki heard Minho was home or back from whatever he had been doing. "Jinki?" He called again. When there was no answer he began to worry. 

 

Had something bad happened to him or was he just fast asleep somewhere warm that he had wandered into during his morning adventures? "Come on Tokki. Enough of the games. Where are you?" There still wasn't an answer, and it finally hit him. Jinki wasn't answering because he couldn't.

 

He wasn't there.


                                                                              xoxox