Where They Came From

Tiny Tokki

 

Minho at first was just assigned to feeding the two of them. He had to change the water, and give them their rice; though he always snuck a skittle for them both that Jinki hid in his sock. Kibum though was forced to be in charge of the injections. He tried his best to change the various solutions with water, but he could only do it every so often. After a while Minho was put on blood duty, or in other words he had to take samples of the two's blood for testing. He hated it more than anything because he was hurting him. Jinki would always look up at him with those understanding eyes, but Minho saw the pain in them. The bunny would try to hide it but he saw the cringe when the needle poked the skin, and he heard the whimper as the needle was removed and he was placed back into his cage.

 

 They knew that they couldn't take Jinki and Jonghyun so close to the date they were hired. It would be too suspicious, and that was the last thing that they needed. Minho knew though that they couldn't wait too long, because with every extra day they waited the more bruised and weak Jinki and Jonghyun were beginning to look.  

 

It broke his heart to see Jinki like that. It seemed like there wasn't a single piece of skin that wasn't bruised, or a day where the bunny wasn't curled up in his sock whimpering from the pain. Nothing, no one, should have to be put through that. If it were up to Minho he would shove Jinki and Jonghyun into his pockets and run out of here without a second thought. If it were up to him, he would have done that weeks ago, because he was tired of having to wipe Jinki's tears off his cheeks during the small time he had to change their water and give them each their 5 pieces of rice. He wished he could just pick the bunny up and allow him to lay on his shoulder as he gently gripped the long strands of hair, the way Jinki always like to be comforted, and take him away from all this but he couldn't. Not yet. 

 

"What do you think these are trying to do to them?" He asked Kibum once in hushed tones as he gave the cage a sideways glance.  

 

Minho watched the man swallow and close his eyes for a moment before slowly saying, "Turn them human."   

 

"What? How do you know that?"

 

"Be quiet!" Kibum hissed as he filled the needle with some formation of chemicals for Jonghyun and Jinki's afternoon shot. "Not here okay?" 

 

Minho understood and didn't ask again. When they returned home Kibum explained. Apparently there were books, experiments and studies that were locked away in a room that he just happened to walk upon. Luckily he remembered where it was and could leave before he got caught, so he could return when he knew everyone would be gone to take pictures of them.

 

"So you're telling me that they are trying to make them humans?" 

 

Kibum nodded his head and grimanced. "Again." 

 

"Again? What do you mean again?" Minho blew the loose strand of hair that loved to fall out of his pony tail. "As in they used to be human before?"  

 

"That's exactly what I'm saying." The older man gently took a sip of water before continueing; a grim expression on his face. "There's a reason they have names. Have you ever heard of scientists naming their experiments with human names? No. Jinki and Jonghyun were just like us. They were born to human parents, and they were healthy as can be, but they just happened to have a certain genetic difference in their dna that made them perfect canidates for a theoretical experiment. Their parents think their children were killed, murdered after being missing for days. They have no idea what really happened to them."

 

"Jinki and Jonghyun were taken as babies?" Minho asked in disbelief. "Who takes babies from their parents?" 

 

"Apparently our government." Kibum just nodded grimly. "3 months old." Minho then motioned for him to continue with whatever information he had. " Nothing happened for years. No matter what serium the government made and injected them with nothing seemed to happen but make them bruised and hurt."

 

"What.. exactly was the government trying to acomplish?"

 

"Shapeshifters." Minho watched Kibum push off the stool and walk over to the fridge, pushing the plate of fruit he was going to eat back in. He was in no mood to eat now. He turned back to the younger man. "They wanted to create these super soldiers. Ones that could shapeshift on a single thought or order, and do their bidding, the only problem was they created som  ething half human half animal, and not just that but ones that couldn't shift back into a human or fully animal. The governemnt ed up is what it did. Jonghyun managed to get away first, which is why he was with my cousin for so long. It also made it very hard for Jinki to find a way out, but he did. He is extermemly intellegent, but he has the curiousity of a child.  You found him when he was running away from them." 

 

"Shapeshifters you say.. well uh. "Minho rubbed his temples and took a deep breath. 

 

"Jonghyun and Jinki showed different effects from the serium. Jonghyun changed in a few hours, while Jinki took days; going from human form to something diffferent, before settling in the form he is in now. Jinki was 7 when he was first changed. Jonghyun was 5." Kibum seemed distraught at the thought, but he took a deep breath and continued. "Jinki was the only one that showed signs of being able to shift between human and animal form. That's why they inject him the most, because they believe he has the better chance at actually being able to shapeshift."

 

"Did they choose the animals?" Minho asked curiously.

 

"I doubt they wanted a bunny to be their super secret powerful spy solider Minho." 

 

The younger man pouted slightly. "Bunnies are dangerous okay? Like they're lethal. Have you seen the way Jinki goes through my socks?" But then he was quiet, because the memory of the small bunny boy ruining all his fuzzy socks was too much to take. 

 

"He hasn't ruined the sock he has now." 

 

"Because that's the one he found to like. That was his favorite." Minho looked up the stairs then before his pout turned to a deep frown. "The other of the set is up there with the rest of his stuff. Like his small cat plushie we got from a barbie set, and all his clothes. His rubber ducky is still sitting by his bath things." After a moment he in a harsh, quick breath. "Oh God. What if he can't take everything anymore... what if... Kibum what if he.."

 

Kibum rushed around the counter and brought the man into his chest. "Shh okay. Jinki's a fighter. He won't give up on you, just like you can't give up on him." 

 

In a small, quiet voice, the younger man asked, "How old are they?" His breath was hot against Kibum's neck. 

 

"Both are 22." Kibum answered, "Or well, that's what they would be. I have no idea if it translated into their form now. "

 

"The concoctions that are being injected into them... is there any possibilty that they could work? Could Jinki and Jonghyun be turned back into humans?" 

 

Kibum shrugged, his arms still around the younger to comfort him. Minho had his cheek pressed against his best friend as the older man gently moved his hand along his back. " They had no idea how they changed them. It was just a bit of luck, a chance gone well, and well, this happened. It's about the same chance as that had happened that changing them back will happen."

 

"Did it hurt?" Minho softly asked, looking up at the man after pulling away slightly, "When they changed?"

 

"Most likely. Their whole identity was changed Minho." Kibum wiped his friend's tears away and smiled reassuringly. "But we'll get them out before anything more happens to them." 

 

Minho sighed and squeezed his eyes shut. "I hate seeing him like that. We have to get them out of there soon because I can't take this anymore." 

 

"Then tomorrow." Kibum stated, causing Minho's eyes to widen as he stared up at him. "Jinki will be home soon, ruining all your socks and making a mess with his bubble bath. You just wait and see Minho. " 
                                                               xoxox 

Wow. so I noticed that this story has over 100 suscribers, and well its my first story ever to achieve that big of a number, so thank you all for subbing. I apologize if I haven't responded to your comment, please don't think I'm ignoring you. I've read them all, I get excited for every single one of them, but most of the time i'm on mobile and I completely forget to come back and responde, and then I think its way too later to go back and do everything..

I'm so weird, I'm sorry.

But thank you! 

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

You all are amazing.