Skittles and Minho

Tiny Tokki

Jinki pouted deeply as he stared as the small pile of dry rice in front of him. He picked a piece up and gently moved it from hand to hand; he hated the dry, scratchy  feeling of it against his palms and fingers. He sighed as he allowed the rice to fall from his hand to clatter against the cold metel floor underneath him as he murmured,  "I want Skittles."

 

"Huh?" Jonghyun asked; tiny bits of rice that were shoved into his cheeks making them filled to the brim and puffed out falling out onto his rag of a shirt.

 

 "Skittles. I want some." Jinki said quietly as he grabbed another piece and tapped it against the floor with scowl. "Not this.. this thing."

 

"It's rice." Jonghyun blinked over at him, like he thought Jinki had no idea what the white tiny thing was despite the fact it's been the only thing they've eaten in weeks. "It's all we have."

 

"I know that!" Jinki shouted; making Jonghyun stumble back from his attempt to comfort the bunny. "I know this is stupid rice. I know that it's all we have but I want my skittles. I want my red skittles and fruit punch juice with my little eeyore straw." He launched the uncooked rice at the wall and screamed; gripping his hair and pulling hard as his scream faded to grunts. Jonghyun frowned deeply and rushed over to the bunny and quickly stopped him from ripping his hair out. Jinki collapsed against him with his stomach aching from his earlier shot and clutched to the puppy. "I want Minho and my pocket. I want to sleep against his neck and my rubber ducky. I want.. I want my life back."

 

"I know." But then Jonghyun got an idea. He remembered seeing a piece of the fruity candy near the testing table and if it would make Jinki feel better he would do anything. "Jinki.. why don't you go curl up in your sock?" Jinki numbly nodded and wobbled over to it. As his fluffy puff ball of a tail disappeared Jonghyun looked back at the door that was locked.

 

When it opened their water was changed and he was picked up for his check up to see if the shot had any effect on him. He usually would bite and fight, because he wanted to stay and make sure Jinki was okay, but this time he went without a fight, and when he knew the human went to get the next tiny bottle of liquid he quickly looked around to find the tiny skittle. He smiled widely once he found it, and stuffed it into his pants before hurrying back up onto the table. The human came back and tossed him back into the cage without stabbing another needle in him, and he made sure that his knee was bent to hold the candy in place.

 

When he returned he waited a moment for the clanking of the human's boots on the floor, before making his way over to the bunny. He gently tapped his hand on what he assumed was his fluffy tail. He heard Jinki squeak, and saw him shift in the fabric before his bunny ears, his hazel eyes and his tiny hands gripping the edge of the sock could be seen. "Yes?" 

 

Jonghyun smiled before battling his pants for the skittle, and after a frown and a little struggle he managed to hold the red thing out. He wiped the top of it off softly with his hand and widened his smile. "I got you something."

 

"What.. where'd you get this?" Jinki asked after scrambling out of his little bundle and stood before him staring at the red candy with wide eyes.

 

"Under the table out there. I ran and got it when the human left. I know it might be a little dirty.. but I can wipe it off. Here." Jonghyun moved to gently wipe it off with his shirt but Jinki's tiny hand on his wrist stopped him. "What?"

 

"...Thank you." Jinki kissed his cheek softly before taking the piece of candy. He plopped onto the floor, and gently wiped the candy off with his palm. Then hesitantly he it; a soft fast swipe of his tongue over the strawberry candy. His lip quivered as he looked up with wet eyes.

 

Jonghyun rushed to him, wiping the tears off. "I.. I didn't mean to make you cry. .I just wanted to see you smile."

 

But Jinki just shook his head and hugged the candy to his chest. "I'm not crying because I'm sad... I just... it tastes so goooood." Jonghyun snorted but stopped when the bunny hurriedly crawled into his sock with his candy.

 

"What are you doing?"

 

After a moment, and a little bit of shuffling Jinki popped his head out again. "I'm hiding it in my rabbit hole. Duh." 
 

                                                                                                     xoxox

 

As they waited in the small square, completely blank, white room Minho was nervous. His hands wouldn't stop moving in his lap and he was gratful for the freezing air conditoner because of without it he would be drenched in sweat.  Kibum had already gone in for his interview, but that was 2 hours ago and Minho was beginning to worry.  This was dangerous, really dangerous to the point that if they were found out they would probably be killed. This was a secret facility doing secret, probably illegal, things and tests, and if Jinki and Jonghyun were inside they were probably objects of the tests.

 

A moment later he heard the only door in the room open, and the same man that came and took Kibum hours before walked in. "You're up Minsuk." Because of the risk both of them changed their names and had wore disguises. 

 

 He nodded his head and was taken through a series of hallways and between huge metal contraptions. Both of them had been put through a whole bunch of tests to check if they were even on a knowledge base ready for the job. When both passed they were taken to that room to wait until someone came and got each one of them. "Does this mean I got the job?" 

 

The man looked over his shoulder and with a short nod of his head said in a emotionless voice. "If you do well here then yes. If not.. well... lets just hope that you do well."

 

Minho gulped slowly as panic formed in his chest. A moment later he was pulled into a room and the door was locked. It was full of bright examination lights, tiny bottles of powders and liquids, and a cage about the size of a one drawer filing cabinet was pressed against the wall on the table across the room. The cage was the only place that wasn't surrounded by tons of light; besides the tiny desk lap it was dark.

 

He was handed a pair of gloves and a face mask. "Put those on. And go get the bigger of the two in the cage."

 

"Bigger of what?" Minho asked, because it sounded a lot like Jonghyun and Jinki.

 

"Just do it." The man pressed a key onto the table and leaned against the wall. 

 

Minho nodded and as he tied the mask on he slowly walked to the cage after picking up the key. He gently twisted it, and as he did he heard soft quiet murmurs from inside the cage. 

 

"It's not shot time..."

 

"Just stay in there."

 

So when Minho pulled open the cage and peered in a small snarl could be heard. He looked in to see what looked like a small human with puppy ears and a tail, and behind him was a cowering bunny that he knew well. 

 

"Back off Human! You can't touch him." The puppy growled as he showed his canines. 

 

Minho just glanced back at the man, who was now busy checking his phone, and pulled down his mask as he turned back. " Jinnie." He whispered. 

 

The bunny slowly lifted his head, and it took him a moment for his eyes to come into focus, but once they did they widened. "Minho?" He mouthed; his voice barely a harsh breath flying past his lips. 

 

Minho nodded as a small smile formed on his lips. He reached for the bunny, and his heart ached when Jinki rubbed his cheek against his palm. "Just play like you don't know me." He mouthed, and he knew the small bunny knew what he said, because that's how they communicated for months. 

 

Jinki nodded and sat in his palm as he was taken away and Jonghyun just stared with a bewildered look on his face. 

 

The cage was closed and Jinki was laid on the table when the other man came over. "Find the right stringe and take blood from him. That will tell me if you have the job or not."

 

Minho tried his best to hide the fact he was terrified and was moritifed that he had to do this to Jinki, but the bunny just looked up at him with those eyes and he knew it was okay. He found the right one, and lifted the bunny's shirt. He took a sharp intake of breath, a quiet one, at the sight of the purple bruises and the red scars. It took him everything not to just grab the bunny and run, but Jinki just shivered and meekly nodded his head; a small gester that the other man wouldn't see but Minho understood perfectly. 

 

Once done he placed Jinki back into the cage as he mouthed, "I'll be back. For both of you." 

 

Jinki gently kissed his palm and ran back to Jonghyun. It was the bunnys hazel, hopeful eyes, that was the last thing Minho saw as he closed the door and locked it. 

 

He turned to see the man smiling. He was gently shaking the small bottle of blood he had taken from Jinki. "Congratulations. You get to live and have a job." 

 

Minho didn't know if he liked how he said that.
                        

                                                                                                         xoxox

I know it's beennnn forever.. and I'm sorry I haven't updated this. but They finally see each other again :D