A Chance

Tiny Tokki

Jonghyun frowned deeply when he saw the bunny's ears down his back, his head lowered and he scowled when he heard the long sigh that left the other's lips. Jinki was sitting by the edge of the cage again, his tiny hand's attempting to grab ahold of the bars before him and look out. The puppy knew very well what they boy was thinking about. Minho. The teenage boy that he had been taken from.

 

Jinki was always thinking about him, and if he was up to talking about him the puppy was all for listening too. Jonghyun didn't like it when his friend was sad... no he hated it. Way more than just disliking the fact. Jinki had the best smile, and he only ever saw it if the boy was talking about something funny that happened with Minho before his lips would quiver and tears would threaten to fall.

 

Jinki had it the worst between the two of them. More shots, more abuse, and he had someone to go back to. Gwiboon had died of the lack of a heart transplant shortly after he was taken here. At least.. she was about to. It was when he was saying goodbye to her, crying about how he loved her and that she needed to get better, that her mom came in and snatched him up. Dumping him here in this facility to have tests done on him. He was just a freak of nature to most. Of course Jinki didn't know that. He just knew that Jonghyun had someone that cared for him, a pretty girl named Gwiboon, and that she had been taken from him way too soon.

 

When the lock clicked and clanked as it was unlocked, Jonghyun looked toward the door and back to the bunny. He was tired of the boy being hurt. Tired of having to see the bruises forming on the bunny's white skin. He didn't deserve this, and Jonghyun wasn't going to stand for it any longer. So when the white glove covered hand reached in, and Jinki didn't even look up, Jonghyun ran over and covered the boy's body with his own. As the fingers came closer he growled and snapped his teeth at it. When it didn't stop he latched his teeth onto it, making the owner of the hand curse. They shook their hand, trying to get the tiny thing off of them, before finally succeeding and launching the poor thing against the bars. It withdrew, probably to fix the bite in their finger. 

 

Jinki looked up with wide eyes, expecting to see the giant needle coming in to inject him with whatever they wanted to today, but was surprised to see Jonghyun slumped against the bars, spitting slightly and trying to get a piece of plastic out of his teeth as he groaned. Jinki rushed over to him, taking his head into his lap. "What... what was that for?"

 

Jonghyun stopped his mission to get the silly piece of material out of his teeth and looked up with his hand still in his mouth. "What?" Though it really didn't sound like that, seeing as his hand kind of drowned out most of the coherence of it. With a smile he took his hand out and repeated himself as he wiped his hand off on the flimsy clothes he was given. 

 

"W... why did you do that?" Jinki asked as he checked the puppy for any injuries. There was a huge bruise forming on his side, but he didn't know if that was from the most recent "treatment" or his collision with the wall. "Now you are hurt and they'll punish you." 

 

Jonghyun just smiled, and Jinki even giggled when he noticed the plastic stuck in the boys teeth,  "I don't care. As long as you stop getting hurt."

 

Maybe it was his loyalty that was just written in his dna, or maybe it was that he actually cared for the bunny, but Jonghyun didn't want to see the boy cry anymore, and those bruises all over his body weren't supposed to be on something so innocent. He looked toward the door once more before curling up in the bunny boys lap. And when Jinki's hands found his ears, and scratched right behind them he smiled and snuggled closer. The bunny giggled softly. 

 

"Thank you." Jonghyun blinked up at the boy and slightly frowned. 

 

"No need to say thank you. I'm your puppy remember? I protect you." He finally managed to use his tongue to get the piece of glove out of his teeth and he cheered triumphantly. Jinki just smiled, even though there were still traces of his shed tears on his cheeks. "I'm going to get you out of here. Minho is waiting for you."

 

That made Jinki frown. "I don't know about that anymore." He muttered almost silently as his fingers continued to scratch the puppy's ears. 
                     

                                                                                   xoxox


"Minho!" The teenage boy just rolled back over and covered his head with his pillow. It was stuffy and hot, but he really didn't care. He didn't want to get up and go to pay attention in class. He didn't feel like forcing the focus. He didn't want to get up and see the bright sun and hear Kibum go on and on about how Krystal was really cute and how he should ask her out.

 

He didn't want to do anything, but when another call for him was heard he felt his blankets being snatched off of him in one quick forceful tug. He glared at the man he knew was standing there. The now red head was staring at him with angry, annoyed eyes. "If you don't get your frog up."  

 

He glanced at the clock, and scowled. "I have hours before I have to get up!" 

 

"Mmm nope." Minho just face planted back into the pillow. He didn't need his blanket. All he wanted was to go back to his dreams where Jinki was here and well. Not awake where the tiny thing was missing and probably gone if Kibum was right like he normally was. He felt something being tossed onto his legs, and he groaned. 

 

"What the is this Kibum? I'd rather be sleeping." 

 

"Just read it would you." When Minho just looked over at him, the man sighed. "It's from my cousin okay. It's the last letter she ever sent to me that I just got. It's been 5 months since her death... well the point is she talks about a tiny thing. How her parents took it away to some facility downtown." 

 

"What?" Minho said as he fumbled with the letter.

 

"So are you going to get the up and come with me?" 

 

"Where are we going?"

 

"They need a  lab technician assistant, and with both of us going into a science field.. well you know." The man sighed, looking down at his feet before walking around the bed and sitting down on the edge. He looked at his hands that he had clasped in his hands before speaking softly. "She asked me to find him. To keep him safe. It was her last wish for me." 

 

"Are you even sure that he's there?" Minho asked softly.

 

Kibum looked up and his eyes were wet. "I'm sorry okay? Telling you that Jinki is gone. I had no right to tell you that. You love him, care for him, and I told you he was gone without thinking."

 

"Kibum it's okay."

 

The man shook his head. "No it's not okay.  I just shot down your hope that he was okay, and didn't believe you when you said someone had taken him."

 

Minho just wrapped his arms around his best friend, and whispered that it was okay, and that he was forgiven until the man calmed himself. "Do you really think we have a chance to get hired?" 

 

Kibum in a breath as he tried to calm his breathing. "Well, they are probably very secretive, because I mean if they took Jinki from you, and have had Jonghyun for 5 months... it can't be anything good or something they are open about, but there's always hope. "

 

"Thank you for finally believing me."

 

"I'm just sorry I didn't earlier."


                                                                                     xoxox