Nine : "What if I like him?"

The Silent World

Jongin always disturbed Namjoo and Jongdae every time he looked them together. Namjoo really fine with it, it really good had time with all her friends, even Naeun join them sometimes.
“Why are you always disturbing us? Can you see we are doing some jobs here? We need to concentrate!” Jongdae really annoyed with what her brother did.
“Why hyung? I am not disturbing you two talking, I just sit here and eat!” Jongin smiled and it annoyed Jongdae more.
“It’s fine oppa!” Namjoo just looked at her paper and write some words.
“Naeun-ah! Here!” Jongin looked at Naeun who searched for empty chair and called. Jongdae could swear it made him really annoyed. What in the hell that Jongin did? He really didn’t have any mood to talk or to teach Namjoo after all that Jongin did.
“Can I sit here?” Naeun asked because she saw Jongdae uncomfortable face.
“Sure!” Namjoo and Kai answered in same time. Naeun sat in front of Jongdae, between Namjoo and Jongin in circle table.
“Namjoo, I am so sorry I think I should go. Let’s continue it later” Jongdae stood up from his chair.
“Oh... am I disturbing you oppa? If you uncomfortable when I sit here, I can move”
“No Naeun-ah no! I... I... it’s not...” Jongdae couldn’t open his mouth properly. ‘aishh.. What am I talking about’. “It’s fine just sit here, I want to give my report to Mrs. Jung! See you later” He went away from their sight.
“Uh... What happen with Jongdae oppa? He already gave his report yesterday... is something urgent happen?” Namjoo talked to herself after saw Jongdae went away.
“Maybe it’s me... he always like that in front of me” Naeun said.
“Maybe hyung had his period” Jongin said. Namjoo and Naeun looked at him and laughed.

***


Namjoo went to the cafe that she used to come with Jongdae. Jongdae already waited her inside.
Oppa” Namjoo called him but no responded. “Oppa!” Namjoo called louder but he didn’t move. “OPPA!!” she Jongdae shoulder to get his attention.
“Oh... you come” Jongdae back to reality.
“What happen with you? You had daydreaming?”
“No, I am just thinking about something”
“What is it?”
“About Naeun”
“Huh?” Namjoo looked so surprised about his statement. “Why are you thinking about her?”
“I really looked like a fool person in front of her this afternoon! What will she think about me after that incident? Aishh... stupid Jongdae!”
“Why are you concerning about it?”
“Ah maybe you don’t know about this! But Jongin and I, we are brothers! And Naeun, she is...she is... She is Jongin’s friend”
“Oh I know it already” Namjoo drank her coffee.
“You know?”
“I am Kai and Naeun’s friend, remember?”
“Ah... right” Jongdae sighed. “Thing that you don’t know is I like Naeun. No, I mean Naeun is my first love. No, that’s not right words... I mean I am in love with Naeun at the first sight. No! What should I say? I really coward if it’s about Naeun” Jongdae laid his head on the desk. “I don’t know what to say now” Namjoo didn’t know about this, really, she wasn’t good in knew about someone heart. The truth about Jongdae who really like Naeun was surprised her.
“Why? Why are you like this oppa? I mean why should you avoid her? You are the one who always said to face the reality even it’s hurt and don’t run if you meet obstacle. What is this? You make me lose my trust to you” Namjoo looked at him fiercely.
“Ah sorry! But I can’t help... I try to act normal but always fail!” Jongdae paused, he wanted to ask Namjoo but he hesitated to do it. “Namjoo, can I ask something?”
“Sure”
“How to... how to act normal in front of the one you like? I mean... I know about your feeling toward Jongin, how to manage your heart in front of him? You look really normal in front of him” Namjoo quiet for a while before sighed. “I am sorry if my question makes you uncomfortable”
“No, it’s fine! But, how do you know about it?”
“I told you, I know you so well”
“Well, I don’t like Kai anymore. It’s already gone, my feeling for him already gone. So I can act properly now. I am so crazy before, always get too excited about everything that Kai did to me. Over act maybe, but it’s over now. I don’t like him anymore.
“Why? Are you serious about it?”
“Hmm of course! Remember about Naeun’s last birthday party?”
“Oh yeah, it’s after my family bad dinner time. I can’t forget it”

 

# # #
“Naeun-ah! Kai and Jongdae oppa come, hurry up” Namjoo called Naeun. Naeun ran from her room to the living room. So many people there, also a loud music could be heard there. Today was Naeun birthday, Namjoo stayed at Naeun’s home to help her family prepared the party. She knew a bit about Naeun’s family, she ever came to her house when she was sick and didn’t come to college for a week. Naeun ran to Kai and hugged him.
“Naeun-ah happy birthday” Kai said.
“Happy birthday” Jongdae also said that in low voice, so Naeun couldn’t hear that well.
“It’s nice to see Chen oppa again!” Naeun said to him. Jongdae smiled. Naeun held Kai’s hand to the foods and laughed with him.
“Yah! Don’t stay here like a statue oppa, wanna drink?” Namjoo talked to Jongdae brightly.
“I almost don’t recognize you! What is this? You put some make up? Hahaha” Jongdae teased Namjoo. Because it was Naeun’s special day she put a lot effort to her appearance. She tied her hair up and put some make up on her face. She even wore a colorful dress. “You look pretty”
“Thanks” Namjoo smiled and showed her dimples. “You like the decoration, I did it with Saeun”
“Yeah, look so unique for an adult birthday party” Jongdae looked at balloonssn and ribbons everywhere in Naeun’s house.
“It’s still pretty at least” Namjoo pouted.
“Yes pretty” Jongdae whispered in her ears, she could swear that’s really awesome voice. “It’s so loud here, why you turn the music in high volume?” Jongdae said a bit shouted. Without Jongdae knew, Namjoo blushed because his action.
“Ah sorry, but that’s not my idea. Since a lot of Naeun friends is a dancer, they like loud music” Jongdae nodded.
“Ah Namjoo! Take a pictue with me!” Jongdae took his camera out and click the  on button. “Ah that’s cool! Ahaha” Jongdae and Namjoo laughed a lot with everything that they talked about. Jongin saw it and walked between them.
“Yah what are you doing?! There is much space, why should you walk between us. We are talking here” Jongdae hit Jongin head.
“Ah it’s hurt hyung! I just wanna join you two” Jongin rub her head. “Hi Namjoo! Whoaa, you look different”
“Ah yes, because it’s my friend’s special day”
“You look pretty! Ah you two have just take a picture together, aren’t you? Let’s take another one”
“If you want to take a picture you should ask the birthday girl to join!” Naeun pouted saw the three of them took a picture without her.
“Sure, come join us” Naeun stood between Jongin and Namjoo.
“Ah! Let’s ask Saeun to take one and together with the other too” they took a picture together. Naeun played with Jongin hair when the picture snapped the moment. Jongin also messed her hair and embraced her. Namjoo saw it, and really envy her. She even couldn’t get closer to Jongin there was a long space between them. Suddenly Jongdae put his hand around Namjoo shoulder.
“Looked at camera and say ‘cheese’”
After the photoshot season,  Jongin still disturbed her and Jongdae’s conversation, but in other hand Naeun also disturbed her and Jongin’s conversation. The one who forgotten in that situation was Jongdae. He didn’t talk much and didn’t know anyone there so he couldn’t talk to anyone else. Namjoo saw it, saw the moment Naeun gave Jongdae her back. It’s like her, like Jongin did to her after he knew about Namjoo’s feeling.  
“Are you okay? You look pale” Jongdae said to Namjoo when he saw Namjoo just quiet. She felt really sick, she wanted to vomit at that time but she held it.
“Yes, but I think I should go home and rest”
“You want me to send you?”
“No, it’s fine! I will call taxi...” Namjoo stood up and said goodbye to Naeun and her family. She really felt unhealthy and went home.
# # #

“At that time they totally ignored me” Jongdae showed a bitter smiled.
“After that, I made my mind and choose to forget about Kai”
“You must be hurt seeing they are together”
“How about you?”
“I am fine! It’s always happen since our first meet. She don’t know my existence, I just the one who always see her”
“Why don’t you try to talk to her? Just one word, one sentence, and you will know about her more”
“I will! Just stay tune! Hahah” Jongdae laughed, “If you don’t want him anymore, you want me to search someone better than him?”
“NO!!”  Namjoo took her sheet out from her bag.

‘I think Kai doesn’t love me or Naeun, he just like if he has many fans and doesn’t want to lose one of them. She treated me like fans not friend or someone that he likes, so does Naeun’

 

****

Today is last day in for the freshmen to give their assignment. They waited the judgment about the tutored that their sunbae taught during this semester. Namjoo already gave her task to her teacher and waited her name to be called.
“Nervous?” Jongdae appeared in front of Namjoo and smiled.
“Yeah! You did great job to tutoring me. I am afraid I will ruin it!”
“It’s okay, you also did your best! Just believe in yourself”
“What if I fail? What if I can’t sing well? What if the song doesn’t turn well? What if...”
“Stop your negative thinking!” Namjoo sighed and looked at Jongdae. Jongdae asked her to sit and he kneeled in front of her. “Just relax! I know you can do it. Have you ever watched Heartstring?” Namjoo shook her head. Jongdae held Namjoo’s cheek with both his hand and looked straight at her eyes. “Looked at them like this and said ‘You’ve fallen for me’ and you will success. I saw it in that drama and I always do it, it's quite good” Jongdae smiled. Namjoo could feel her cheeks became really hot, was it because Jongdae’s hand or was it because something else? She couldn’t answer it, she just held her cheeks to make it normal. ‘What is this? Why my cheeks feel on fire, really hot’. “Namjoo! Are you okay? Your face become red, are you fever?” Jongdae checked her temperature but it was normal.
“I am fine, I just really nervous”
“Ah I see” Jongdae took something from his bag and gave it to Namjoo. It was chocolate, a big chocolate, one of famous and expensive chocolate. “Good luck!” Jongdae messed her hair and went away.
“What is this? What happen to me? Why my heart beat rapidly like it’s going to explode?” Namjoo rub her chest and felt her heartbeat. It was beating so fast, she even couldn’t control her smile. She smiled widely and couldn’t close . “Why recently I get blushed with every little thing that Jongdae oppa did to me? Why I always smile like crazy after I saw Jongdae oppa face? Why my heart beating so fast if Jongdae oppa around me? He act more sweat to me recently, is he like me? Or I am the one who like him? Ottokhe? What if I like him?” Namjoo hit her head for thinking like that.


“WHAT?! Jongin register the spot to be our showcase’s leader? Are you sure? I think we agree to choose Jongdae”
“I want it too! But suddenly Jongin appear and said he wanted to be the leader”
“But it’s our faculty’s important event, there will be so many important person who will watch our show. And this is the first time for the freshmen perform on stage”
“Yeah, I told him too. But he really sure he can manage everything. He want us make a general election to choose between him and Jongdae”
“Is he crazy? Wait! Isn’t Jongin is the freshmen? What the freshmen do in our showcase? She want make us fail?

Namjoo heard some of her sunbae passed while talked about Jongin and Jongdae. Art and Entertainment Faculty would hold a big showcase to introduce the student’s skill this year. There would be so many events to introduce all departments in this faculty. And as the top of the events, there was a big showcase where the best student and the freshmen will perform.

“Kim Namjoo” She heard her name was called by her teacher. She ready to the test and enter the room.

'What is Kai thinking about? He want make a competition with his real brother?’

------------------------------------------------

Chapter 9 :D
Thanks for everyone who read my story *bow*