Ten : Jongdae vs Jongin

The Silent World

Namjoo was wondering around, she looked at her phone hesitated to send the message that written on it. She looked so worried but she didn’t know what she worried about.
“What are you doing here?” someone tapped her shoulder.
OPPA!” Namjoo looked at him with her big eyes.
“Yah! What happen with your face? Hahaha” he laughed.
“I am so worried because of you!” Namjoo hit him multiple times. “What happen? Is it true? Is the news true?”
“News? What kind of news?”
“YAH KIM JONGDAE!!Seriously...” She hit him again while continue her words “It’s about you and Kai”
“What happen with us?” he chuckled.
“Stop joking!” she pouted and made an angry face.
“Sorry” He laughed hard before he talked. “I think it’s my last time here, so I just want to dedicate my last semester to help the showcase. I never interested in every event before, but for the last time I want to show off”
“For Naeun?” Jongdae looked at Namjoo deeply before he nodded.
“But I don’t know if Kai also interested to be the showcase director... I want to resign from that position after I know Kai also want that position but I think about it a lot, I want fight, I want this position so much for my last effort before graduate, I really want show off my skill, Kai has a long way to try again but for me it’s my last chance, so I will do the election let’s the other choose who is the best director then” He smiled sweetly. Namjoo could swear she felt her cheeks burned.
“A..ahh.. Fighting then! I will support you” Namjoo went away.

 

****


The faculty went crazy before the election’s day. Both Jongdae and Jongin’s supporter became crazy to collect support for their candidate. The situation was getting hot in the Election Day. Namjoo didn’t come to college for few days. She didn’t know how the situation between Jongdae and Jongin before the election until the Election Day, she didn’t send any message to both of them or met them to send support during the campaign.
“Namjoo!” Naeun come to her apartment to see her condition. “What are you doing in your appartement? Why don’t come to campus?”
“Oh you come without telling me first and you don’t knock”
“Is it even important now?” Namjoo just laughed. “Yah what are you doing? You are packing! Do you want to move without telling me?” Namjoo packed her books and clothes, her apartment really clean like she ready to leave.
“No, I am just cleaning! And I am not moving, just have a vacation for few days later”
“Where are you going? Aren’t you supposed to choose between Chen oppa and Kai for our showcase’s director? Are you planning to not come in the Election Day?”
“No, I already choose. You can check it, I already wrote my name in the board as the proof”
“Really? Who did you choose?” Naeun show her curiousity. Namjoo just quiet and continue her work. “I am sure you choose the same person with me”
“Huh? Who is he?”
“Chen oppa! Am I right? I think Kai shouldn’t register to be the director, what he can do? He don’t know anything and he should let his brother do it. What kind of brother is he? He declares a war with his own brother!” Namjoo just smiled.
“You like Jongdae oppa now?”
“I don’t know, I never talk to him before. I know him but I never have a chance to get close with him, do you think it’s fine if I am the one who make a move, make a way to get close with him?”
“It’s fine! Ah you get a message from Kai to choose him?” Namjoo change the topic.
“Yeah! He sends me twice! Chen oppa just quite all the time before the election until the day, but he talk this and that to get a supporter even send a message and make a poster to choose him! So childish! What he want to show actually?”

‘He want to show that he is better than Jongdae oppa, and the reason is because of you. Both Jongdae oppa and Kai like this is because of my bestfriend, Son Naeun’

 

***


Today was an announcement about the election’s result. Namjoo went away for a few weeks so she didn’t know how the result was. She was in the bus to go somewhere far from Seoul.

From : Annoyed Sunbae
Where are you? I don’t see you everywhere lately...
Have a time? Come to the cafe if you have a time, my treat.

Namjoo read that message and thought maybe Jongdae get the position he wanted. She wanted to send a congratulate message before a message come to her phone again.

From : Kai
Hey Namjoo! I win the election, come to the restaurant across Daycare.

I have a little party and I have something to tell you

Namjoo shocked with Jongin message and ask a confirmation from Naeun.

From : Naeunie
Yeah! Where are you? You should come to see how disappoint Chen oppa is! You should come and cheer him up.

To : Naeunie
I am far away from Seoul.. you can fill my spot. Cheer him up, he must be happy if you are there.

Namjoo saw her phone wallpaper, it was her and Jongdae first or maybe last selca.
 
To : Annoyed Sunbae
I am sorry, I am not in Seoul.... I leave Seoul to meet my father.
I will meet him oppa... What should I say? What should we talk about?
Is it fine if I ask him ‘How are you?’

She saw her message but she didn’t send it, she just save it without sent it.
“Oppa will be happy with Naeun beside him, it’s not the right time to disturb him”

 

****

 

It was summer, the college has a long holiday. Namjoo still didn’t come to Seoul after the last time she went to see her father. Jongdae has another life now, a life where Namjoo didn’t exist in his world. He didn’t contact her for more than a month, she also didn’t contact him. Jongdae still looked happy even he lost from Jongin, he gave up for the position but he got something bigger after that.
Oppa!” a cute girl with long hair appeared in front of him with a big smile.
“Oh Naeun! Is it the time?”
“Yeah! Let’s have a date hahaha”
Jongdae and Naeun get closer now, Naeun always spent her free time with Jongdae. And they had long list activity to do during the summer vacation. They did everything together lately, from watched movie until went shopping. Jongdae never stop smiling when Naeun beside him, all that he did just smiled like an idiot.


In the other hand, Jongin really busy with her new position to be a director for the showcase, he should prepare everything before the vacation end. He always sent a message to Namjoo, he asked her ‘What are you doing?’ ‘Are you missing me?’ ‘When will you comeback?’ and many more but none of the messages got reply from her. Jongin didn’t know why he really needed her beside him now. He told her that he made her to be the assistant director for the showcase, he told her that he needed her, he needed her help, but still no responded from her. Until...
Annyeong Mr. Director!” a sweet voice that Jongin knew greets him.
“Kim Namjoo!! Yah where have you been? Why don’t you ever reply my message? How are you? You look pale and thin now! Are you working or something? You are missing for more than a month!!”
“Hehe I am so sorry for that! I have personal matters...  It’s your fault too! Why you make me as your assistant? If you aren’t choosing me I will never back!”
“I am glad I choose you so you are here now! You are back!” Jongin hugged her. “As my assistant let’s do your first job!”

Namjoo spent her vacation with Jongin prepared the showcase and Jongdae spent his time with Naeun. Both Namjoo and Jongdae didn’t contact or meet each other during the vacation, it was like Namjoo was disappear in Jongdae’s life and Jongdae never exist in Namjoo’s life.

 

****

 

Jongin walked together with Namjoo after the preparation ended, today was the end of their preparation and in a week the showcase will be held.
“Thanks for the help”
“It’s fine Jongin”
“You call me Jongin?”
“Yeah! The last time we met, you said you want me to call you Jongin”
“Yeah, feels good! Hey come to my house, let’s have dinner together”
“Ah... I think...”
“I can’t hear ‘no’” Jongin called his mother to tell that he would bring Namjoo to home. After the phone, Jongin’s face became darker.
“Your mom said no?”
“No, she said yes. She said there will be another guest to our home” he paused. “Hyung never eat dinner together with me after the election, now he will come with someone” Namjoo just nodded, she knew who would come with Jongdae even Jongin didn’t tell her. She knew Jongdae got closer with Naeun during the vacation, Naeun told her. Everytime Namjoo asked Naeun to come or to eat together she always said she was with Jongdae. That was the reason for Namjoo never sent any message to him anymore. She didn’t want him remembered her during his time with someone he liked.


“Namjoo! Where are you lately? Taeyeon really worried” Jongin’s mom, Mrs. Kim, hugged her and kissed her cheeks.
“Long time not see ma’am” Namjoo greeted her.
“Oh don’t call me like that! You can call me aunty or mom too! All Jongin and Jongdae’s friends call me mom too”
“It’s a bit burden for me hehe” Namjoo just laughed a bit and entered the room.
“Help me with the preparation Namjoo?”
“Sure” Namjoo met Mr. Kim and said hello to him. She talked a bit with Jina before help Mrs. Kim with the foods. Not long after she came, Jongdae came with loud voice.
“I AM BACK! WHO MISS ME?” Jongdae shouted. Namjoo could see Jina ran to him and hugged him, he smiled widely like usual. She loved his smile so much. She didn’t greet him or came to see him, she just focused with the foods.
“Yah you are really a bad son! How can you come after long time never eats together?” His mother hit his head with spoon.
“Sorry mom! By the way this is Naeun, you still remember her right?”
“Oh yeah! Jongin’s bestfriend” Naeun smiled and Mrs. Kim hugged her. “How are you? Why never come again?”
“Because I lost contact with Kai after he move to another school”
“Ah, it’s because family matters. Is he still ignoring you? If yes just hit his head”
“No, but lately he really busy with his personal world”
“I am the showcase’s director, remember?” Jongin remind his mother and Naeun in the same time.
“Ah you should meet someone too! Namjoo, come here” Mrs. Kim called her. “This is Namjoo, Jongin’s new friend. I heard you know my other son too, Jongdae, right? He is your sunbae. Jongdae, she is the girl that I always talk about. she works at our Daycare. It’s Naeun, she always come to our home in the past” Jongdae couldn’t hide his expression, it was shocked and happy at the same time.
“Long time not see, Kim Namjoo” Jongdae smiled at her.
“Long time not see, Kim Jongdae sunbaenim” Namjoo looked at his eyes. It was really long time since the last time she talked with him, saw his sweet smile, heard his voice, and looked at his warm eyes.
“You too know each other, right?”
“I know her so well, I know her more than herself, I know her more than anyone else” Jongdae still looked at her.
“Mom, your foods will burn!” Jongin talked to change the atmosphere. “Come Namjoo, let’s sit” Namjoo turned around to go to Jongin’s side before she heard Jongdae’s voice whispered.

“I miss you”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally my story is back ><
Sorry for long uppdate, so many assignment to do ><

CHU~~ <3 For you who read this story
Apink comeback and Exo will comeback too~~
who's excited?