Eight : Jealous?

The Silent World

 

Jongdae went back to his house really late.
“You back already? I thought you didn’t want to back” His father already waited him. “You make your mother worry, she afraid you really leave our home”
“Why should I? I still study here...” Jongdae left his father to his room and locked it. He didn’t want to hear anything. It was enough to hear Namjoo screamed in pain, his heart also feel the pain. He couldn’t stop worrying her, she lived by herself and no one aware about her presence. No one cared about her, no one wanted to know why she screamed every night. They knew it, they all heard it, but it didn’t bother them to ask. They just lived their happy live and didn’t care how about the other life.
“Kim Namjoo... himnae

 

***

Namjoo stopped, she couldn’t cry anymore. It reached her limit, her head really hurt and her tears didn’t want to out anymore.
“Are you done?” Jongdae asked her.
“Why are you still here? If you know my past you should leave me, don’t you afraid of me?”
“Why should I?” he got closer to Namjoo but Namjoo stepped back. “I won’t hurt you” He got closer again. “I know how hard your life is. But you should know there is someone who still cares about you. Even they can’t express it they still thought of you. You are not alone, it just you who didn’t let anyone get near to you” Jongdae got nearer again, Namjoo wanted to step back before Jongdae stopped her. “Stop it! You should let someone know you more. If you afraid of many people at least  just let one person close to you. I am really happy to see your smile before. I saw it when you talked with Naeun and Jongin. But what is this? You back to your dark side and stopped smile again” Namjoo thought a while and bowed her head.
“I am afraid, I am afraid I will hurt them”
“You don’t afraid of it but you afraid they will hurt you, right?” Namjoo couldn’t answer it. She didn’t think it was true but she felt it too, she couldn’t lie she felt it too. Jongdae sighed and sit beside her. “Do you still see your mother and brother?” Namjoo looked at him with a ‘How do you know?’ look. “You talk alone, you talk with yourself. You are asking them but you are the one who answer it. It wasn’t your mother and brother, it was you. You that hallucinate to talk to them... stop it before you get sick” Jongdae looked at Namjoo. Namjoo looked at him with ‘How can you know?’ face. “I told you, I know you so well” He stood up and extended his hand to Namjoo. “You can believe me, and I will help you. You don’t need make a friend with many people now. Step by step you will change, believe me. I will help you to face the world, just let me in. Just let me in to your world...”

***

 

Namjoo still remembered what Jongdae said. And she still remembered she reached his hand. He remembered he smiled nicely to her and said that he would be her side from now on.
“Am I making the right decision?”

***

 

Jongdae woke up early and disturb her mother when cooked. He asked her mother to cook more for him and he packed his breakfast. Her mother protested he took a lot food but he escaped.
“I am so sorry I can’t eat together!” He ran from his house before her mother got angry.
“JONGDAE IT’S SUNDAY!! WHERE ARE YOU GOING? WE SHOULD HAVE FAMILY TIME!!” his mother shouted but he didn’t listen to her.


TIN TONG
He stood in front of an apartment and pressed the bell. Someone opened the door and shocked to see his face. A girl with a brown short hair froze in front of him.
“You? What are you doing here?”
“Let’s do the first task! If you complete all tasks you will be a great woman ever!”
“What?”
“First, Let’s eat together and clean your messy apartment, Kim Namjoo!” Jongdae opened his meal. “Ta-dah! This is fried rice... My mom made it this morning. Let’s eat! Ah you should prepare our drink, do you have milk? I like milk, tea or coffee”
“I don’t have anything except plain water”
“Ah... then we should go shopping today! For now, it’s okay. Bring the water, please”
“Who are you? Why are you doing this to me?”
“Just do it”
Jongdae spent his day in Namjoo’s apartment. They went shopping together, Jongdae said he would pay it but Namjoo rejected. Since Namjoo didn’t have much money now, Jongdae rent her his money and she could pay it back when she had money. Namjoo changed her apartment’s paint and put some flower in her livingroom. Jongdae set a few picture in her wall. She didn’t have any picture of her family, she already threw it. So, Jongdae just set a scenery’s picture. They bought some ingredients like rice, tea, milk, eggs, and many more.
“You should learn how to cook” Jongdae put them in her refrigerator.
“How can I cook? I never cook before”
“Want to learn it with my mother? She will be happy to meet you I guess”
“She likes me” she mumbled but Jongdae can hear her.
“Oh... so confident! Good start for you” Jongdae chuckled and still did his job. Namjoo smiled to see his back.

‘I am forget to tell him that I know her mother and her relationship with Jongin, should I tell him?’.

***

 

Jongdae got closer day by day with Namjoo. Namjoo still afraid and didn’t express much about her thought, but he didn’t give up. He always spent his day with Namjoo. He would walk to her apartment and picked her every morning instead went to his college with Jongin. He would take a bus than rode his nice car, as long as he was with Namjoo it was fine. He would waited her finished her class and had lunch together with her. He would meet her at cafe in the evening and had dinner together after she finished her part-time job.
“I want send you to your part-time job” Jongdae met her in front of her class.
“Why should you? You never did it before”
“I want to know where it is”
“You said you know me so well, and you still don’t know where I work?”
“Be honest, I really want to follow you secretly but it always fails!” Namjoo laughed.
“You will be surprise if you know where I work”
“Why?” Namjoo didn’t answer and just laughed. She still didn’t want him to know where it is, and be a manner guy, he never tried to follow her secretly. He would wait her until she ready to tell him.


Namjoo and Jongdae always hung out together, Jongdae would introduce her to his friends and asked her to go with him to some parties that his friend held. Namjoo still wasn’t comfortable with crowded place so she just quiet all time. Jongdae couldn’t do anything, he couldn’t force her to do it fast. She needed time. But he satisfied to see her talked first to some certain people even just to ask ‘what time is it’ or ‘Where’s the restroom is’.


***

 

Three months passed quickly, Namjoo more comfortable with Jongdae now. She would laugh and joked in front of him now. She talked much until he didn’t have chance to talk. Namjoo did great job, she changed much than Jongdae expected.
“I saw you really close with Chen oppa now” Naeun said. She played at Namjoo’s apartment for the first time. Even it was almost a year they know each other, this is the first time she played at her place.
“Oh you mean Kim Jongdae? Err yeah... He helps me to finish my task this semester” Namjoo brought juice and noodle for them. “You know him?”
“I am Kai’s friend since we were in middle school, remember? I meet Chen oppa few times but we never talk before. How is he?” Naeun asked. “I think he is quiet person, he always keep silent everytime he meet me”
“Really? He is a fun person. Really look like Kai. He like an old jokes, make a friend with someone new and really kind. He is a hyper version of Kai”
“Oh... I Think he is quieter than Kai”
“No, believe me when you already close with him you won’t have a chance to talk”
“It must be fun, you lucky have a chance to close with him then”

***

 

For the first time after three months skipped dinner with his family, Jongdae join them because his mother forced him to go. They were had dinner in a famous restaurant.
“Finally you are in front of my face again” Jongin said with sarcasm tone.
“Why? Are you missing me that much?” Jongdae .
“Where are you recently? You skipped dinner and breakfast together, you have a girlfriend now?”
“Jongdae has a girlfriend? Yah! Bad son! If it’s your reason you should ask her to come eat together not skipped our family time and spend it with her” his mother grumbled.
“She is not my girlfriend, just friend” Jongdae answered his mother
“Are you just playing with her?”
“I am not saying it Jongin!” Jongdae looked annoyed with his brother’s question. “Are you interrogating me?”
“I am not! Just don’t play with my friend’s heart, Hyung
“Your friend? Is she really your friend?” Jongdae smirked and Jongin looked at him fiercly. “Why are you leave her if you are her friend?”
“What happen here?” their mother looked so worry. “I don’t like the tension”
“I am not leaving her!”
“Are you sure? You avoid her recently, don’t you know it hurt her?” Jongdae couldn’t calm himself like usual. Everything about Namjoo made his heart feel hot. “Anyway The Casanova’s title is yours! So, don’t worry I won’t hurt her or play with her”
“What is this? Do you guys like the same person?” their mother asked.
“NO!” Jongdae and Jongin answered in same time.
“Just leave her if you don’t like her, don’t make her misunderstand”
“Why should I? I am not Kim Jongin who will leave her... and don’t bother yourself about our relationship!” Jongdae stood up. “I am not hungry, sorry if I make the situation bad” He bowed. “If you miss her, just say sorry” he went away from the restaurant.
“What is this? Why don’t you say anything yeobo! Jongdae-ah! Kim Jongdae!”

***

Jongin really bothered with Namjoo and Jongdae’s relationship. He didn’t know the reason but he couldn’t let Namjoo close to his brother. He didn’t like how Namjoo smiled at Jongdae, how Namjoo laughed in front of Jongdae, or how Namjoo always spent her time with Jongdae. Why in the earth the one who close to her was Kim Jongdae? He couldn’t accept that.
“Kim Namjoo” Jongin approached her
“Hmm? Oh Kai... annyeong” Namjoo smiled.
“You want to go to Daycare?”
“Yes”
“I will send you there”
“No. It’s fine I can’t walk by myself”
“I have something to do there”
“What is it? I think your relationship with your mother is bad” Namjoo chuckled.
“Don’t laugh! Even she likes Jongdae more but she still my mother, and I don’t need permission to meet her”
“Oops sorry haha” Namjoo laughed freely. Kai rode his car to the Daycare.
“You laughed much recently. Did something good happen?”
“Umm... no! I think Jongdae oppa infect me too much haha”
“You really like him, even your joke is same with him!”
“Why? Is it bothering you? If yes, I am sorry” Jongin just quiet.
“Why are you calling him Jongdae, Namjoo?” he started a conversation again
“It’s his name, isn’t it?”
“Yeah, but everyone called him with Chen”
“I like Jongdae more”
“Just you and my family who called him Jongdae. Don’t you feel uncomfortable?”
“Is it even important? Why are you asking me?”
“Just curious, you called him with Jongdae. But why you called me with Kai? Is my name really bad?”
“No! It because Naeun called you Kai, I close with Naeun so that’s the reason I think. Jongin is a nice name too...  your name really good”
“Then call me Jongin”
“Why should I?”
“Because I want it”
“You are weird Kai”

‘I know! I also think like that but why I can’t let you with hyung?! I just hope, it wasn’t you who will be my sister-in-law... I don’t want to see you in my home!’

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's double update~~
Thanks for all reader who read/subscribe/upvote/comment my story~~
Really thankful for it ><
I am so sorry if you aren't satisfied with my story >< *deep bow