Letting Go

Ten Years

                It hurt Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu to leave. If they looked back, they might have been pulled back into the contract, and all of their fighting would have been in vain.  Even after countless discussions, it hurt them to leave their friends.  They were afraid of leaving them behind, afraid that they would never meet Yunho and Changmin again.  But they were even more afraid staying, being forced to stay in one place because of their feelings.  Letting go of that fear, no, embracing their fear and making the decision to leave was something they felt they had to do.  They couldn’t stay after all of that.

                 The three of them promoted together, but eventually decided to go down their separate paths; Jaejoong and Yoochun pursued acting careers in various dramas and Junsu starred in musicals.  But the three of them knew that they were still a group, and they still had each other.  Acting helped them let go of their past, and it was something they always wanted to do, but never could.  They enjoyed their new freedom and were happy, even if the cost had been a precious friendship.

                Letting go of “TVfXQ” was even harder than they’d thought.  And yet, it happened faster than expected.  JYJ had been asked several times, while promoting in Japan, to sing “Wasurenaide” – Don’t Forget.  It was a song Jaejoong had written himself.  “Wasurenaide” stirred many emotions within them when they started harmonizing…but they found that they were starting to forget the lyrics.  Yoochun and Junsu were surprised that even Jaejoong forgot an entire line – “I want to meet you”.  Hopefully, the fans wouldn’t know.  Hopefully, the fans couldn’t see the pain on their faces.  But they had been around long enough to know almost nothing escaped the eyes of a fangirl.

                SME finally stopped making their meddling obvious due to various scandals and rumors, and JYJ could finally promote in Korea.  This was, obviously, a good thing, but all blessings had a price.  What if, one day, they finally met by chance on a music program? What if they happened to be cast in a drama together because their managers hadn’t been paying attention to the cast list?  Could Jaejoong finally establish ties to his friends again?  Perhaps they had finally let go.

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I'm not going to lie, I havne't been busy this summer at all. I've just been lazy and playing games and reading Haruki Murakami's "The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle". But if you haven't listened to JYJ's "JUST US" album yet, you should. Lots of feels. Oh, and I realized I'm actually not a really good plot person. Does this story even have a plot? It just seems like a mess of feelings at this point. Maybe I like to take things slow, instead of rushing through a great plot? Or am I just analyzing their actions? Well, you'll just have to wait to find out. Even I don't know. So... yeah. Comment, upvote and subscribe for more "chapters" - they're so short I don't even know if you can call them that.