Ten Years

Ten Years

                It’s been ten years. Ten long years since Dong Bang Shin Ki made their debut as a group.  As five members.  As HERO Jaejoong, U-KNOW Yunho, MICKY Yoochun, MAX Changmin, and XIA Junsu.  Ten years since they first stood on stage together at the Britney Spears and BoA showcase the day after Christmas.  Ten years since they first felt the feeling of anticipation, of excitement, of finally showing their talents to the world.  Ten. Years.

                Those ten years felt long, but they flew by.  Those ten years flew like a flock of geese passing overhead.  Ten years was a long time.  They had gotten used to it now, the screams, the blinding lights, the endless flights, the feeling of always being in the air, feet never touching the ground.  They had gotten used to the obsessions, the screaming fans holding up signs with the names of the members, gifts they could never be sure were safe or not, endless fan letters professing their love, endless threats from antis.

                Sometimes, they weren’t even sure if their extreme fans loved them or not.  They were followed everywhere, without even the slightest bit of privacy, unable to even use the restroom in peace, unable to get a wink of sleep.  They’ve gotten used to it by now.  After all, it’s been ten years since this all started.