W

Ten Years

                Yunho felt under his bed for a wooden box.  While most men probably hid erted magazines – which he wasn’t denying he had plenty of – Yunho had one more thing to hide.  In this box were treasures.  Treasures SM tried so hard to keep out of stores.  JYJ’s albums, Jaejoong’s albums, even Junsu’s albums.  On the off-chance Yoochun were to release an album, there was no doubt it would be added to the box, too.  It was a box of memories they never shared.

               He picked up JYJ’s “The…” album, the first one JYJ released.  All the songs were in Japanese, maybe to hide the pain, maybe to hide from SM.  But there was one song whose purpose was clear.  “W”. “W” was the shape you’d get if you typed “TVfXQ” onto a keyboard.  It was the shape of the constellation Cassiopeia.  It was a symbol of TVfXQ, five members, forever united as stars, shining brightly on the stage that was the night sky.  Five stars that were the manifestation of false gods, mere humans who had immeasurable feelings and not enough life experience to handle them, and perhaps never would.

                He knew “W” was a message to himself and Changmin, to the past selves of the entire group when they were together, to their selves at the time of the lawsuit, to their future selves.  It was a message to their heartbroken fans, the ones that left and the ones that were to join.

                “Until we meet again, we will keep your place…” Yunho knew they were still waiting.  Jaejoong still had the tattoos, but how long would it be until the names “U-KNOW” and “MAX” joined the “MICKY” and “JUNSU” on his back?  How long?  It was a question he couldn’t answer, and he wasn’t sure if he could ever answer.  Maybe someday, maybe never.

 

*****A/N: Wow I've been updating more often because of these intense TVXQ feels. Maybe I should work on a divert these feels to a different fanfic, it would probably be better for my heart. I'll still work on this one, of course, but I'm thinking of starting a new one. I'm not sure what it would be about, but it's probably going to happen. Anyway, don't get used to these relatively quick updates.