Toki wo Tomete

Ten Years

                Perhaps waiting was the worst thing Yunho could have done.  Oh, how accurate was their last song together… “Toki wo Tomete” – “Stop the Time”.  Jaejoong remembered their confusion upon reading the lyrics; why was “tomete” in katakana, instead of hiragana?  Maybe it was supposed to convey a deeper meaning than just “stop the time”.  Maybe it meant a wish, to let a moment freeze for eternity.  A wish to let an already long-gone happiness last forever.

                Jaejoong knew that Yunho was hurt.  Jaejoong wanted to stop the time, to stay as a group.  He was hurt, too.  The five of them had talked about leaving SM for a while, but everything was just so muddled up, so confusing.  There was too much to say, and yet there was nothing to be said.

                Jaejoong tried to convince them to leave SM.  They would be just like Shinhwa, and would sign with another company.  The five of them would continue on as TVXQ.  They would start over again.  They would be successful without giving up their sleep.  Without a 10+ year contract.  Without multiple trips to the hospital.  They would have their freedom.  Of course, that was just a wish.

                He didn’t understand why Yunho and Changmin thought it would be best to stay with SM until their contracts were over.  At the time, it would have meant 7 more painful years.  Was it the popularity they’d managed to achieve in their 6 years together?  Was someone bribing them?  Or were they just scared?  He wished they could meet again.  He wished JYJ and TVXQ could meet once more, and then, only then did Jaejoong feel that he would be able to understand what was going through their minds.  He would want that moment to last forever.

***A/N: I had a lot of Tohoshinki feels this past week.