KAI'S POV PART 1 (Idol Athletics)

POV COMPILATION (CHANCE ENCOUNTER)

IDOL ATHLETICS – ARCHERY CATEGORY

                            

I got startled when someone knocked on our door. Suho and manager-nim said that we need to assemble in the sitting room.

 

When all 12 of us are seated, manager-nim handed us our schedules. The list has EXO schedules as well as individual schedules. I looked for my name and saw that I’m included in the Idol Athletics – Archery. I then saw Lay and Tao’s name but they’re in a different category.

 

After we had dinner and we furnished our schedules, we all headed to our joint rooms. The next morning, manager-nim woke me up. I checked the time DANG!! It’s just half past seven in the morning! Instead of arguing with myself, I went straight to the shower room and changed. I then saw D.O, Lay, Kris and Tao already eating their breakfast.

 

“Now Tao, Lay and Kai you three come with me. Kai just get some food and eat on the road, we don’t want to be late.” I nodded and took a sandwich, my water tumbler and my medicines. Don’t worry guys, its all vitamins.

 

As always, Tao is sleeping and well Lay is busy with something I just ignored them and started eating. As I was about to drink my last medicine, the car stopped and we alight. I chunked the last medicine on my mouth and walked while drowning the nasty tasting medicine off my mouth.

 

We then entered the waiting room and saw ever Idol from 4 Minute, SISTAR, B1A4, BTOB, Beast, A-Pink and more. I always wonder why isn’t there anyone representing YG Entertainment; SM Entertainment has usm Shindong sunbaenim as one of the MC’s and Super Junior-M sunbaenim to represent them, JYP has GOT7, 2PM sunbaenim, and Miss A sunbaenim for them and there’s Cube Entertainment with 4 Minute sunbaenim, GNA sunbaenim, BTOB sunbaenim and Beast sunbaenim. I just sighed and watch each of the Idols picking their teams.

 

I was then pulled out from the group and I saw Bora sunbaenim, So-hyun sunbaenim, CNU sunbaenim and Cheundong sunbaenim stood up as well. We were then escorted to a room.

 

“We decided do an All-Star competition for the Archery category since it’s one of the most anticipated as well as the most watched category on the show. In front you is a box, you will all pick one to determine in who your teammates are as well as the group you’ll represent. As you can see, you’re just 5 and it may seem unbalanced, but the last person has a commitment in London and will just join in which team has 2 members so please, pick.”

 

As we all have our own, we went to our teammates. CNU sunbaenim, Bora sunbaenim and So-hyun sunbaenim are in the same team while I’m with Cheundong sunbaenim. I felt intimidated since he’s one of the best Archery Player in this competition though he lost to CNU sunbaenim last year. I was actually rooting for him kekekeke. I then saw the three members went to discuss something about strategies I think, so I approached Cheundong sunbaenim.

 

“Hey, calm down. You look too stiff. I’m Cheundong by the way, nice to meet you and well welcome to our Orange County Team. I still don’t know who our last member is but I know we’ll do well. We competed last year, you’re quite good.” He said. I smiled and felt proud somehow.

 

The meeting then ended and we went to our respective teams. I didn’t end up teaming up with my co-SM but I was just shock to see Bigbang’s TOP sunbaenim and Daesung sunbaenim, WINNER’s Mino and Taehyun and CL sunbaenim. I then realized that the waiting room was quiet and well who wouldn’t be shock, the people I was thinking of materialized all of a sudden. I also saw that they somewhat have the same outfits on and well, it’s DAEBAK! I told myself to stop myself from fanboying. Cheundong sunbaenim introduced me to all of them.

 

“Just bare with us, it’s our first time. Please take care of us.” TOP sunbaenim said and he bowed. I was speechless and then all of a sudden I heard them bursting into laughter.

 

“We were just taking the tension out of your system dear Jedi. But still, we’re really new with this and the reason why we don’t join is that we’re not that sporty in a way.” Daesung sunbaenim said. We chatted to familiarize ourselves and we just clicked as if we fit perfectly with each other. I would joke around with them and just felt like I’m with my EXO friends teasing people.

 

“See you soon, Kai!” Mino said. We dropped the formalities earlier and it was the best. I then joined Lay and Tao, we all smiled at each other and we went back to our dorm. I woke up early the next day because we will have our first practice and I really wanted to be the best before Friday. I then showered and as I stepped outside the washroom I heard my phone rang.

 

“Cheundong! Give me a minute! Thanks.” I then hanged the phone and rushed clothing myself. I then went straight downstairs and saw him standing on the other side of the road.

 

“Let’s go! Wait, did you have your breakfast?” he asked. DANG! I forgot to take my brown bag with me! I cursed and I heard him laugh.

 

“Well, no need to ruin the day for you we’ll need you’re positive presence as well as your focus today. Let’s just pass by a drive thru.” He asked. I nodded and went inside his Range Rover. Requirement to be a Park, have your handy Range Rover, kekekeke. We then passed by an organic resto that has a drive thru and went straight somewhere.

 

I was in awe, the place was really amazing and it seems isolated to people. He took his card out the window and I saw a scanner light and the gate opened. Is this how rich kids live? I should ask Suho hyung.

 

We then stepped out and we saw a Japanese style house, it really does feel like you’re in a Japanese movie. The place was peaceful and it was just awesome. We then entered and saw a huge Archery Training Camp of some sort and well, my jaw just dropped. That’s why he’s good; he has his own training room.

 

“This belonged to our great grandfather. My mother decided to make it as our Archery Training centre instead of selling it. We have tons of memories here so, we decided to keep it. I love Archery so as my Big and Small Noona.” We then changed to our uniform and I familiarized myself to the bow.

 

“It’s the same. Did you intentionally bought the same kind?” I asked.

 

“No thought I’m not comfortable to recurve bow I’m more of Compound Bow type since I love hunting.” He said. All I can do was nod coz I didn’t even know there are types. As we started shooting, I heard the door open.

 

“Big Noona! What are you doing here?” I was shocked and well, I accidentally released the arrow. I then turned and saw Dara sunbaenim, she is prettier no more beautiful in person and her hair is SILVER!!!! What?!! How can she pull things like this off?!!

 

As we were about to speak, some representative from Idol Athletics appeared.

“This is one impressive training camp no wonder you’re a good player. Well, Dara of 2NE1 is your last member. We are actually anticipating for this year since YG Entertainment agreed to let their idols join. This will be daebak, we need to take your photos for the teaser image we’ll release tomorrow. We already released the team’s line-up and we are expecting this year will be the best.” The staff told us to prepare for a group photo. Dara sunbaenim went automatically in the center and I on the left. After that we resumed practicing, I then saw Dara sunbaenim took her bow and arrow and prepared her targets.

 

“Uhm, sunbaenim? Aren’t you going to change to something comfortable?” I asked. She then dropped her bow and turned to me. I can see her dark brown orbs that felt like it’s my soul out of my body. She just smiled and took her bow and arrow and started shooting. I just stared in awe and I my jaw just dropped when I looked at her targets, 10-10-10!!! No miss! Dang! I can feel we will win for sure; I just need to be an asset as well for the team. I don’t want to be the black hole or something.

 

“Let see how you play.” She said. I just looked at Cheundong and he just nodded and he continued shooting targets.

“Cheundong is quite competitive, so bare with him.” She said.

“I’m not that good sunbaenim.” I said honestly.

“That’s why I’ll assess your shots so I can see what your problem. Besides, Cheundong told me you two competed with each other last year. Please stop calling me sunbaenim, just call me Noona. Durami would love to see you play, she likes you a lot!” I heard Cheundong laughed and Noona smiled.

 

I then placed the arrow on the bow and positioned it, as I was about to release it I felt someone held it.

 

“You’ll hurt yourself! Stop shaking! Aish!” She scolded. I then felt myself shake even more, she’s scary.

 

“I just don’t want to disappoint our team. I can’t play that well and we’ll end up losing because of me. And I’m the only one from SM in our team and I just feel I’m going to be the black hole. Sorry, Noona.” I said. I really felt the pressure. I then felt her hands on my shoulder and she hugged me all of a sudden.

 

“I at first; do you know how it felt that your sisters are better than you? I told myself that I’ll teach myself but I really just can’t so I threw my pride away and asked for their help and well, here I am. And you should stop thinking in that manner. People lose sometimes so, that’s fine. What’s important is that we had fun.” I heard Cheundong said.

 

“Just have fun, focus and be calm.” Dara Noona said. I smiled and resumed practicing. Days passed and I felt that I’m improving. With the help of Cheundong and Noona as well Durami who came before the competition I felt happy. The day arrived and the Archery category is next. We were at the waiting room and then the rest of the orange team who just finished their category went inside to support us. I also heard that some of our sunbaenims came to support us as well my co-EXO mates, I then felt scared again and nervous.

 

Dara Noona saw me stiffen and she approached me.

 

“You’re thinking again, I told you not to right? Here, have this. I gave one to each of our teammates.” I then saw a necklace with an EXO logo on it. I was confused.

 

“To somehow tell you that we’re here to support you no matter what and to make you feel comfortable and at ease with us.” I then wore the necklace and hugged her. I felt her hug me back and the rest of the team. I then looked at the mirror and smiled.

 

“Let’s pattern our hair with Noona, Cheundong.” I then saw Cheundong looked at me oddly and he smiled. We then turned to “Jack Frost” Archers. The game then started. When we came out, everyone was cheering I think it was because of our hair.

 

PINK TEAM:

So-hyun was first and she scored 9-10-10. She was pleased with her score, well who wouldn’t.

 

ORANGE TEAM:

Cheundong stepped out and started shooting; 10-10-10 was his score.

 

PINK TEAM:

Bora scores : 10-x-9 (x is for bulls eye) The whole stadium screamed.

 

ORANGE TEAM:

I gulped and closed my eyes; I breathe calmly and positioned my bow. I finished all three and sat down. My hearing just out and I just saw Cheundong hyung smiling at me and that was the time I looked at my score. 10-10-10!!

 

The last two, for me this was the main event.

 

PINK TEAM:

CNU or is called Legolas because of him winning last year. He then released his arrows. 10-x-x

 

Everyone erupted with screams and So-hyun as well as Bora rushed to him. He then looked at Dara Noona and smiled. Dara Noona smiled as well.

 

Before standing up, I heard Cheundong said Let’s not have fun Noona. Show them what you got. Dara Noona just smirked and walked. The smirk gave me chills.

 

ORANGE TEAM:

She then started shooting and when she finished all three she just coldly went back to her seat. I then saw the smirk that formed in Cheundong hyungs face, I then looked the score board, x-x-x!!!!!! I looked at her and she just gave me her sweetest smile.

 

“It seems we won after all.”