Touching Your Hair Once More

Not Over (Sequel to Re-Encounter)

That night, you were both wearing white, from your tank tops down to the pajamas.  Nichkhun was carefully observing you as he brushed his teeth getting ready for bed that night as you glared at the mirror scrunching your face while you fussed with your now short hair.  You had your long dark brown hair cut and now it’s cropped in a longish pixy cut with a long layered fringe.

 

After a spit and rinse, Nichkhun smiled as he approached you with long strides.  “Your face will freeze like that if you keep that up.”

 

“I don’t think it could get any worse than this.”  You rumpled your hair with a sigh as you stared at the mess you have made on your head.  “And I don’t think I will be going out anytime soon either.”  Your shoulders sagged as you covered your face with your hands.

 

He leans his hip against the counter and pulls your hands down.  “I thought you liked short hair.”  His voice sounded amused as he spoke.  You didn’t think it was funny at all.  “You were so excited to have your hair cut.”

 

“I do!  I did!  I mean…I thought I did.  It looked real good on someone else…”  You scuffed your foot against the cold tile.  “…I just didn’t realize it would look this bad on me.”

 

He walks behind you and wraps his arms around your waist and pulled you against him.  “What are you talking about?  You have never looked more beautiful in your entire life.”

 

“Liar!”  You scowled to hide the blush of rose petals against your cheeks.  Or does that mean I’ve been ugly all my life?”

 

You watched him in the mirror as he rested his chin on your shoulder.  He always had a smile that would pierce through all the bad things in your life, like a ray of sunshine making a home in your heart.  “It’s beautiful.  You’re beautiful.”  He brushed his finger across your fringe, admiring the way the uneven layers fell across your brow and framed your eyes.  “Your long hair was beautiful, but that was always the first thing anyone would notice when you walk into a room.  But now, I see you and your hair is just an accent.  And you my love are just lovely beyond lovely.”

 

You run your hands on his that held your waist as your eyes watched each other on the mirror.  “Do you mean that?”  You found his opinion would always outweigh everyone else’s…even yours.

 

“I do.”  He kissed the nape of your neck, leaving a path of warm soft kisses against your exposed skin.  “And now it’s so much easier kissing you here.”  You were warm against his mouth and sweet under his tongue as he kissed his way to the soft skin of your throat.

 

You turned around to face him, brushing your lips feather light against his.  “You could always make everything seem good.”  You smiled against his lips and he smiled back.  “Wouldn’t you miss my long hair though?”

 

“I must admit, I love it when we’re making love and you’re riding me and your hair just falls around me like a curtain making it feel like it’s just you and me under a veil.”  He reached up to sink his fingers into your short locks.  “But now I love how your short hair doesn’t get in the way of me kissing you.”

 

You his chest in slow repetitive movements.  “So in other words…”

 

“I love you.  I’ll take you however I can.”  He whispered against your ear.

 

You swayed together, eyes shut and hearts beating in unison.  The two of you entangled in each other’s arms, moving to the beat of the music that your hearts were making, knowing that love would always feel this warm.

 

You couldn’t stop kissing, barely pausing for a gasping breath when your lungs ached.  You have always needed each other with an intensity that was seemingly new to both of you each time.  An intensity born out of love and certainty.  The certainty of a future together.

 

Every time he would take you, he would take everything you had to offer and you would demand from him even more.  He wouldn’t just give you his body, he would give you his heart all over again.

 

It always came to this, he would dance with you and you would end up , twisted together and tangled in a braid of limbs, sheets and sweat, blanketed by the sweetest words each would say.

 

“I promise I’ll grow my hair long for you again.”  Is what you said to him that night as you pressed your body closer to his.  So promise me you wouldn’t leave me because of this.  Because I promise I won’t leave you even if you turn bald.”

 

Now, he touches your blood soaked long hair inside the ambulance, tears trickling down his cheeks with fear in his eyes as he feels the distance lengthen between you and him.  He knew he could lose you and knows he was slowly getting there.  The loud siren has dropped away and all he could hear was the sound of your voice and your laughter in his head.  He was trying to cling on to whatever sanity he had left.

 

“I won’t let you die.”  Nichkhun whispers as his heart shatters into a million pieces watching you bleed.  “You lied about not leaving me once, I won’t let you do that again.”