Waking Up

Not Over (Sequel to Re-Encounter)

Nichkhun felt you made the slightest move as you tried to extricate yourself as carefully as you could from the bed without waking him up.  He made a sleepy groan as he rolled in your direction draping one arm over your stomach.  “Where do you think you’re going?”  He sighed and tightened his arms around you, shifting you ever so slightly so he could kiss the top of your head while he made you rest back in his chest.

 

You smiled and didn’t respond for a while and just enjoyed being in his arms for a long minute.  “Come on, time to wake up sleepyhead.”  Your voice sounded soft and inviting, teasing at the limits of his hearing.

 

“Uh-uh.”  He made a sound of disagreement, shaking his head and keeping his eyes tighter shut while he held you in his arms.  “But I love being like this with you.”  He whined and you chuckled hearing his voice vibrate from his chest to your cheek.  “Let’s stay like this forever.”

 

It made you smile to feel his hand up and down your back inside your white camisole.  It felt warm having it encounter your soft bare skin as it came to rest in the dip of your spine.

 

“A tempting offer.”  You giggled at the thought.

 

“I knew you would it see it my way.”

 

“But you have to get up.”  You insisted.

 

“I don’t see a reason why.  Is it even light out yet?”

 

You trace with your finger a never ending maze on his chest that tickled him to his very core.  “Uhm.  Why don’t you open your eyes and see.  The light has already shifted colors one too many times outside.  And you have schedules Mr. Horvejkul.”

 

“I don’t care.”  He shakes his head screwing his eyes close with a smile on his lips.  “You’re so comfy and snuggly and warm and…”

 

You chuckled and propped yourself up with your arms to his sides, reaching to his lips to kiss them softly.

 

“Just so you know, kissing me won’t make me get out of bed.”  He laughed and opened one eye.  “It actually has quite the opposite effect on me.”  Laughter was your only response as you stayed atop of him.

 

You let your finger trace the parts of his face, from his thick dark eyebrows, to his long lashes, to his well-pointed nose and then down to his luscious lips.  He’s a beautiful man even this early in the morning that it seems so unfair.  “What am I going to do with you Mr. Horvejkul?”  You flashed your sweetest smile as he suddenly takes a bite of the finger you left on his lips.

 

“I love how you call me Mr. Horvejkul.  It sounds a little dirty.  And a part of me is starting to get up.”  He teased as you slapped him on the chest in jest.  Heat rose in your cheeks tinting your skin pink at Nichkhun’s insinuation so early in the morning.  Seeing you react that way made his smile widen into a grin and gripped you tighter.

 

“This is so unlike you.  Why are you being so difficult?”  You mock complained as you rolled your eyes at him.  There was a slightest quirk of a smile at one corner of your mouth.

 

Nichkhun smoothed back your hair from your face.  “Because I missed you.”  He tried to sound serene, but there was a certain bleak loneliness in his voice that he couldn’t hide.  He cups your cheeks in his hands as he stared at you, memorizing each line and angle and how the light and shadows touch your face.  “I missed this…us…you and me.  Did I ever tell you how much I love hearing your laughter in the morning and smelling your hair as soon as I wake up?  I love knowing you are here…just right beside me.”  He lovingly brushed his fingers along her cheek softly.  “You have no idea how long I have waited for you to come back.  How come you took so long?”

 

He always had his way with words that would make you curse his voice and push you to your limits wanting to fling yourself at him and undress him with your teeth.

 

A smile teased at the corner of your lips.  “Because it took a while for you to ask me to return to you.”

 

“I’m sorry…for making you wait so long.”  His heart could be seen in his eyes as it roamed over your flushed face, memorizing this moment like he was never going to experience it again.

 

You pressed your lips to his and it lingered there for a moment.  NIchkhun’s lips moved against yours with a sweet ferocity that made it clear that he was in charge of you.  “Don’t go anywhere anymore.  Stay with me always.”  He whispered in your mouth as a tear in his eye threatens to break free.  You could feel his chin quiver as he desperately tries to keep the tears from falling.

 

“Open your eyes.”  You whispered back.

 

Nichkhun‘s eyes fluttered open and immediately a tear escapes.  He woke alone in the morning with an empty pillow beside him and his heart immediately sank to his stomach as he finds out it was all a dream.  A dream so real that had your scent lingering in the air seconds after he awoke.  He felt everything, even the way your finger lazily trailed across his chest and how the ends of your hair tickled his face.

 

Dreams are scarier that way, it makes you hope and then in the instant you wake up, it takes that hope away from you again.  It haunts you repeatedly and you have no control over it in any way.

 

He tries to close his eyes shut again wanting to go back to the dream, but it was long gone.  So he wipes his eyes off the tears with his palms and sits right up.  He reaches for his phone on the nightstand and after scanning through a bunch of names, dials a number. 

 

“Hello?  I know it’s early, but I need your help.  I need to know where she is.”