Ch. 05

Teach Me How To Love

The three males ended up all huddling on the small couch, the blonde and shortest in the middle of the couple, because the movie was more intense than they had originally thought. At one particularly suspenseful scene, Jinyoung’s phone rang, causing Baro to scream and throw what little popcorn he had left into Gongchan’s face.

            “Yah! What is this?!” grabbing the remote and pausing the movie. “Hyung! Why are you such a scaredy cat?”

            “Sorry, Channie. Why do you think I’m in the middle of you two instead of my own chair? Oh, who was it?” turning to Jinyoung to ask who had so rudely interrupted their movie, only to find him scurrying to his room and shutting the door behind him. Returning to face Gongchan “Sooo, are you gonna clean this up?”

            The younger tackled him and they wrestled on the popcorn, not realizing until after Jinyoung came back what a mistake that was.

--

            Answering the phone and immediately getting away from the noise, Jinyoung recognized the voice almost instantly. “Zico, is everything okay?”

            “Um, hyung, I think I broke Sandeul.”

            “What do you mean? What happened?” even though he didn’t know the extent of what happened, he could hear the quiet sobs of Sandeul.

            “I ran into him at the grocery store, right? And then I was playing around with him about him and Baro dating, and then he got real serious and… and I think he’s broken. He won’t stop crying.” Zico and Sandeul had purchased all the ingredients for him to cook that night and got back to the apartment before Sandeul really started crying.

            Throwing his head back in unfocused frustration, Jinyoung wanted to scold Zico and make HIM cry. “Ugh, Jiho. What did he say to your joking?”

            “Well, I asked if Baro had confessed to him yet, because there was this one time Baro told me thought Sandeul was cute and that he just might ask him out. But then his face got all pathetic looking, and he asked if he told me too.. whatever that means. And then I got him to his house, when he just plopped in defeat.” Zico was cradling Sandeul on the floor right inside his house where he collapsed, just rocking them back and forth while rubbing his back.

            “Well, guess what? Sunwoo did confess to him, yesterday. And it really freaked him out, because love and being loved is apparently one of his biggest fears. Is he calm enough to talk? Can you give him the phone?”

            After telling him was Jinyoung, Sandeul was more than happy to talk. “Hyung, why am I the last to find out he liked me? If he is such a decent person like you said he was, or if he liked me as much as you say he did, why didn’t he tell me?!” Sobbing into Jiho’s chest while continuing to be rocked, Sandeul felt himself calm slightly from talking.

            “Sandeul-ah, shhh. Calm down; getting so worked up never helps anything, okay? Now, when people develop a crush on someone, they like to, um; they like to test the water so to speak. He didn’t want to tell you upfront, because what if his feelings went away. So he talked to people he felt comfortable with to gauge their reactions and ask for opinions on how he should proceed. Understand?”

            He only got a muffled and squeaky yes in reply. He heard shuffling and footsteps and assumed that Zico was trying to get him off the floor. “Hyung, Sandeul says that he’s tired and just wants to sleep. He wants to know if you can somehow trick Sunwoo into spending the night at your house?”

           “But Gongchan is also here…” Jinyoung whined while thinking about the alone time they could’ve had. “Ugh, well, the mental state of Sandeul is more important than my life.” And with that, a clap of thunder shook the entire house. “Thank you mother nature” mumbling to himself when he look out the window and saw a rainstorm. “Listen, you take care of Deullie for the night and I’ll deal with these two kids. Okay?”

            “Sounds good, hyung. But, um, what should I do with him? He seems pretty down and like he doesn’t want company..” Zico became uncomfortable at the idea of taking care of a sobbing friend because he couldn’t even handle his girlfriend.

            Even if Zico couldn’t see it, Jinyoung rolled his eyes. “Just cuddle him, borrow some of his pajamas, or maybe Baro’s and just spend the night with him.” Now his turn to be slightly on edge, Jinyoung continued more kindly. “Just do not let him be alone tonight. Last time he became like that was a few years ago, when he was depressed; he was so low that he harmed himself. And the one who helped him through it was Sunwoo.”

            Finally grasping the seriousness of the situation, Zico gained the strength to combat his awkwardness. “I didn’t know, hyung. I’m sorry, and I won’t leave his side tonight. I will take great care of him tonight. You only worry about Gongchan and Sunwoo.”

            Releasing only a minute amount of worry, Jinyoung let out a sigh. “Thank you, Jiho-ah. Also, he doesn’t too well in rainstorms like this. So that’s just another thing for you to help him with. For the first time you see him in however long it’s been, I apologize for it having turned out like this.”

            “No, it’s okay hyung. He would do the same for me, so it’s really not a problem. Goodnight hyung.” After Zico hung up, he heard soft sleeping snores drifting from the limp figure in his lap. his head, he smiled and admired his friend. ‘How have you stayed strong, only to break down like this?’

            He carried Sandeul to his bedroom bridal style and put him on the bed. He woke him up to tell him to put pajamas on and ask to borrow some. He successfully woke him up to ask him and get an answer, but he was too lazy to stand up, so he changed his pants for him and pulled his shirt off. Then he went to Baro’s room to change his clothes and found Sandeul in the bathroom with a razor to his wrist.

            “Sandeul, what are you doing?” Zico said calmly and inched closer to the smaller figure.

            “I just feel so much pain; this is the only I know how to cope; I just want it all to go away” tears were welling in his eyes as he stared down at his own wrist, feeling the coolness of the razor.

            Zico had reached the bathroom door, and quietly asked “Do you want to talk about it? I’m here for you, I’m not going anywhere tonight. It’s just you and me, and you can tell me anything you want”. He finally reached Sandeul’s figure and reached behind both his arms around his waist.

            Wrapping each of his hands around one of Sandeul’s, Zico was able to snap Sandeul out of his trance of misery.

            He looked into the mirror and saw what he was about to do, and threw the razor into trash. With new tears wetting his cheeks and he looked at Zico in the mirror. The fear and terror that Zico saw in that gaze shook him to his core.

            Securely back-hugging Sandeul, Zico nuzzled into the crook between the shorter’s neck and shoulder while Sandeul returned the embrace. Thunder blasted through the apartment, which made Sandeul turn around and burrow into Zico’s chest.

            With a pained smile, the taller led them both back into the bedroom, where they quickly fell asleep, despite that pelting rain and booming thunder outside.

--

            “Sooo, basically you’re keeping us hostage?”

            “Baro-ah, look at that weather? I don’t want to have to worry about you and if you got home alright.”

            After deceiving his trusting dongsaengs about the phone call, he informed the other two that there were going to have to spend the night at his house. While Gongchan thought it was a wonderful idea, Baro wanted nothing more than to go to his home and to cuddle Sandeul through the rain storm.

            “Hyung, I think he’ll be okay; he’s like what, twenty years old. Just stay here with us for the night. And if you’re that worried can’t you call him?” Gongchan quipped and earned himself a glare from Baro.

            “You don’t even know the whole story, so I wouldn’t expect you to understand. Jinyoung hyung, can I use your room to call Sandeul?” Sunwoo inched away from the popcorn mess still on the floor.

            “Of course, I think it’ll be really good for him to hear your voice.” The eldest escorted the middle to his room and turned back to his lover with a wicked grin. Sauntering over to him, he straddled the younger’s lap. “Gongchan, I hate messes, and it looks like this is a pretty big mess”. Jinyoung, giving him puppy eyes, pouted “because Sunwoo is on the phone, will you help me clean it?” Nibbling on the end of his finger seductively to entice Gongchan further.

            “Hyung, that’s not fair, you can’t just whip out your aegyo. Why don’t we make Baro hyung do when he’s done on the phone and we entertain ourselves until he comes out” punctuating what he meant by running his hand up Jinyoung’s thighs to rest around his waist.

            “Gongchan, I never knew you were so naughty” and with that ensued a battle for tongue dominance.   


a/n: So i went a little dark for this one... and I honestly don't where it came from. Like, I'm was must sitting in a chair at home, and baically free wtite/type. An I re-read it, and its bit dark. Happy reading?