Ch. 09

Teach Me How To Love

Baro wakes up the next morning, alone… in Sandeul’s bed. Blinding light breaching his closed lids and grunts and groans fill the room while he wiggles off the bed. Plodding off in search of his missing cuddle bug, the smell of a big breakfast wafts around him, and he picks up something else… voices? ‘Oh, my god, who’s here so early?’ discontented thoughts running in his mind as he strolls out of the bedroom like it’s nobody’s business and regrets his entire existence.

            “Baro-ah! It’s so good to see you, it’s been too long. I’m happy to see that you and my Deullie are still great friends” the fakeness seeping out of every single pore coats the blonde in a heaviness as she wraps him in a hug while his anger grows active the more he’s in her presence. Her usage his most precious nickname sets his mind ablaze and he needs to be as far from this woman as possible.

            “Eomma, Baro still doesn’t like to be touched; so can you.. not?”

            “But he’s just so squeezable” punctuating with a pinch and wiggle of his cheeks.

            “Yay, ahjumma, please don’t..” pushing her hand away with leaking hatred. ‘Why is this witch here?’ Baro tried to telepathically question the cook, but with no avail.

            Reaching over to acquire a glass, Baro leaned in for a morning kiss but was shook off. Trying again by placing a hand on Sandeul’s hip, the dark haired male played it off by attending to other food things on the other side of the kitchen.

            Feeling extremely annoyed, Baro discarded his still empty glass and turned his attention to the wicked witch, who’s had a watchful on them. Bowing a full ninety degrees “Sorry that our time together was so short, but I have to shower and then I’ll be leaving for the day” and took his leave without a glance back at Sandeul.

--

            Baro had always been kind of dense and not the brightest crayon, Sandeul knew this but for some reason could not let this incident go. “Eomma, didn’t you say that you needed to be going as well? To your… yoga class?” Sandeul heard the shower, and continued tying to pry his mother out of his home, he could feel his blood boiling. ‘Why does he want to out me to my mom, RIGHT ING NOW?!’

            “Oh, yes yes. Ommo, is that the time already?” quickly packing her things up as she was already late. “Tell Baro-ah not to be a stranger and to come home with you more often; its not like I live on the other side of the country.” Shrugging on her jacket, Sandeul made his way over to hug her. Sighing the deepest of sighs, she cupped his face and staring directly into his face, making him extremely uncomfortable, questioningly stated “You’re gay aren’t you? And so is Baro?”

            Sandeul cringed at the word and retreated without avail from his mother. “Umm, you caught that? We.. um… you see we’re both bi… ual. And apparently he’s sort of always liked me” looking anywhere but her eyes “ and he was always there to comfort me when you and dad fought or when I was depressed… and yeah… we just started dating like… three days ago.”

            The smirk was slowly creeping up her face, she liked to make her son squirm, but when Sandeul finished it was more of a warm approval than a cold disgust. “I know he doesn’t like me, but he really cares for you. I’d really like to get to know him, and get him to like me; I assume he has distaste for both me and you father because of how we were together around you. But I’m not the same person I was with your father, and I’d really like my future son-in-law to know that.” Pecking his forehead with a quick kiss, she released his face.

“Oof” was all he squeaked before being engulfed in a bone-crushing hug. “Oemmonie, we both know how stubborn he his, but I’ll talk to him” tightening his grip around her “I’m glad we have this relationship… I love you.” And with that, they detached themselves and she gave him one last kiss and took her leave.

Still hearing the shower running, Sandeul slipped into the bathroom. “Baro-ah, can we talk?”

Nearly dropping shampoo on his foot, Baro yelled “What the hell are you doing in here, Deullie?”

Smirking to himself, he cooed “I’m sorry about my mom dropping in like that…she’s trying real hard to make it so she and I have a normal parent-child relationship-”

His shirt silently hitting the ground “and she didn’t have my cell number or she would have called first. But I made sure she didn’t leave without it, so that won’t happen again-“

Pants joining the discarded shirt “she likes you, she just has trouble showing emotion-”

Socks were added to the unwanted pile of clothes “she says she wants to get to know you better and make you like her-“

Removing the last bit of clothing, all anger was replaced with embarrassment. Taking a silent deep breath, Sandeul drew back the shower curtain slightly and back-hugged Baro, purring in his ear “and she not only knows we’re both biual AND dating, but she’s really cool about”.

Baro nearly knocked him out, but then settled into the warm back-hug, folding his arms over Sandeul’s. Turning his head to peck the other’s lips, the blonde hummed “Oh, really? And why would she be okay with that?”

The shorter leaned back on his shoulder and Sandeul took the opportunity to nip the exposed flesh. Trying to form a coherent sentence around his embarrassment and haze, “because she’s not an awful now that she isn’t with my father” was all Baro could understand.

The pair stood under the warm, and gentle water until the little spoon felt the big spoon go rigid and then detach himself and run through the apartment stark .

“, . AHHHH” was a very short list of the profanities and yelling that echoed through the house.

“Its okay, its not burnt, I saved it” wrapping his arms around Baro again, while panting. “Speaking of which, Jinyoung hyung and Gongchan will be here in a few hours, so let’s wrap up shower time and swipe right into cleaning time” splashing water in Baro’s face to make his point.

--

Gongchan also wakes up alone on this eventful day, but Jinyoung isn’t even in the apartment. ‘No note, car gone’ he giggles to himself while padding into the kitchen to eat. Not even 5 minutes, his love is struggling to get in through the door.

“Hyung, do you need help?” questioning while running to the rescue. “Is all of this for tonight’s dinner at Sandeul hyung’s house..?” eyeing all seven bags of groceries.

“Ha, um no. But noticed that we, I… er, the kitchen needed a few things”. Passing the three bags from his left arm “These are for tonight, which we should cook shortly cause we have to be over at their house in like.. 5 hours.”

After the youngest was dressed and the other groceries were put away, they went to work baking not only a cake, but also brownies.

“Okay, let’s start with the cake so it’s cool enough to decorate. We’re going to make it from scratch.. which I’ve never done before, but I have a really good recipe one of my coworkers swears by.” Jinyoung looked anxious and excited while Gongchan regretted taking a shower that morning.

They added all their dry ingredients: flour, corn starch, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar without much mess. They started to add the wet ingredients and that’s when they started getting dirty.

“Okay two eggs, a cup of milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, quarter cup sour cream and 3 tablespoons cream cheese… is everything in?” Looking at the younger who was lost in his own world, limply whisking the dry ingredients.

“I was supposed to be putting things in as you listed them?” the darker haired male questioned while coming back to reality.

“Ugh, Channie, what help are?” laughing off his rising temper…

--

            Half an hour later, the cake is in the oven and they are halfway covered in the batter. “Uuum, are we going to do the brownies from scratch or did you buy a box?”

            “Oh that, we’ll just bring the cake” Jinyoung plodding to the shower to rid himself of batter that was stuck in his hair and body. 


a/n: sooo, that happened. I had it almost complete for like two weeks... I'm an awful human being, but I hope you like it. There'll probably only be like one to two more chapters... just cause i wanna wrap it up so I don't feel like a for not updating. THANK YOU FOR READING :)