Ch. 01

Teach Me How To Love

In his attempt to keep everyone happy, he ended up letting the one person who needed him most feel the brunt of the pain. Sandeul was always smiling when he was around friends and family; but when he was alone, he existed in a dark place. His mind would wander into a lightless abyss of memories and drag him down. Whenever anyone tried to pick his brain, he would brush them off with a smile and reassure them he was okay; except when that person was Sunwoo.

            This man was his best friend, his light, his air, his life. He needed him more than anything; needed his presence to physically make it through the day. After nearly four years of friendship, he couldn’t see himself without him. Little did he know that Sunwoo had developed similar feelings, but to a different degree. Sandeul knew that he and Sunwoo were meant to meet and have a relationship, but to him it was as friends that were so close, they were family. Baro was happy being friends with Sandeul, but he grew attached and new feelings came bubbling from his core. He also needed Sanduel, but on a deeper level than friendship.

--

            “Come on, why won’t you talk to me? HelLO?! Earth to Sandeul!” Baro repeated while waving his hand in front of his friends face.

            Startled, Sandeul squeaked and flinched when he saw the hand in front of his face. “Wah, what are you doing?”

            “Well, I tried to ask you a question, but you spaced out again. So, where do you want to go for lunch?” asking for the second time and placing his hand over Sandeul’s shoulder.

            “Umm, Thai food sounds yummy. Ooo and bubble tea! I want bubble tea. Also, I apologize for spacing out”  he mumbled as they walked out of their apartment to go get food.

            “It seems you’re doing it a lot more again, is everything okay?”

            “Yeah, um I just haven’t been sleeping well these past couple days” was all he offered.

            “Okay, whatever you say” Baro gazed worriedly at his one-sided love, shook away his thoughts of wanting more from their relationship, and slung his arm over Sandeul’s shoulders, satisfied with their current state of being.

--

            After eating, they strolled through a near-by park because it was a beautiful spring day: warm enough to be comfortable, but cloudy enough not to be a downer. It looked like it might rain, which kept the normally busy park pretty empty.

            They had been walking for ten minutes and not spotted another soul in the park when they decided to take a rest on a riverside bench. Baro had wanted to confess his feelings to his friends for more than a “little while” and was actually having his own difficulties functioning because of his anxiety regarding Sandeul.

            So with a leap of faith and a lump lodged in his throat, Baro began “So, uh, Deullie, is there anyone you like as of recently?”

            Slightly taken aback, Sandeul chuckled. “No, I think I’m going to remain single for a while. With us moving in together not long ago, I think I need some time to find myself as an adult before I become involved with someone. Wae?”

            “I was just wondering. And thinking about a lot of things recently; like about us moving in together. We only briefly talked about it, but I was curious, was there any specific reason for it?”

            “Well we were both moving out of our parent’s houses and I trust you to be responsible and I think you feel the same about me right?” Sandeul felt like there was an elephant sitting with them when the air seemed to stiffen.

            Mentally hugging Sandeul for the killer transition, he cleared his throat and continued “Um no, I don’t think we feel the same about each other. You see, you see me as your best friend, right? Well, um, I have these.. o- other feelings.. for you. I don’t want to make you feel uncomfortable, and I understand if you do, especially with us just having moved in together, but I have liked you for almost a year now, and I wanted to tell you before, but I couldn’t cause I didn’t want to lost you as my friend, and it seemed like you needed someone to talk to too, and I – Deullie, you’re not saying anything.”

            “Baro, I –“ as Sandeul started to tell Baro how he felt, there was a clap of thunder and the rain tumbled from the sky, soaking them and everything in the park in a matter of seconds. 


a/n: I was re-reading things and had a bunch of feels, and I needed to get them out somehow... so this is how! Yay... ugh, its so bad and so flipping short OTL I don't know how often I will update, but when school is done, I shall continue.