Ch. 10

Teach Me How To Love

When Gongchan and Jinyoung arrive at Baro and Sandeul’s apartment, they pick-up very strong, distinct smells most of which they can’t distinguish, although they’re not awful. The older nudged the younger to knock as he didn’t want to drop the cake, and they heard scurrying and laughter.

            “Hyung! It’s so glad to see you again!” Gongchan leaped forward and hugs Sandeul. All four of the friends shuffled to the kitchen and exchanged greetings and hugs.

            “Ah, you cooked so many different types of food! Let’s see, there’s pasta, and jajangmyeon and uh, what’s that?” Jinyoung questions a salad of sorts.

            “Oh, that’s caprese salad; you know tomatoes, mozzarella, oil, and salt and basil and stuff.. It’s an Italian salad… I just cooked things I knew off the top of my head, cause I didn’t want to cook new fancy recipes cause I always changed a recipe in my head… so I test new ones out by myself or with my family or Baro.. ANYWAY, sorry I talk to much.” Sandeul rambles fiddling with Baro’s hand on the back of a chair. “The cake looks really good by the way!”

            “Thanks hyung! I did most of the work, and Jinyoungie here just read off the ingredients and – ow! Okay, it was a joint effort that left us both a floury mess” content with Gongchan’s answer, Jinyoung wrapped his arm around Gongchan’s waist. “When are we going to eat though? Cause I figured you would cook a lot, and didn’t bother with breakfast, so I’M STARVING….” He continued eyeing the food.

            “Ah, we can eat now! My mom popped in this morning and decided that I should eat breakfast, even though she clearly saw all the preparations I was making for dinner. However, I don’t think you ate, did you?” turning to Baro, who was violently shaking his and also eyeing the food.

--

An hour later, all four are in pain, not only from stuffing themselves of delicious food and dessert, but also because they’ve been telling stories and laughing all through dinner. When the subject of dinner comes up, they all decide to pitch in and get it done the fastest.

            “You guys wanna stick around and watch a movie or something?” putting away the last dish from dinner, Baro sheepishly dries his hands and rakes his eyes over the other couple.

            “Next week, I have finals, and I’d rather go in them feeling relaxed and at ease rather than tense and reeking of failure; so I’m game, even if hyung leaves” the youngest lightly hip checks his boyfriend and leans on his shoulder.

            A sudden knock at the door made Sandeul yelp and jump into Baro, but nearly fell to the ground when said male was already making his way to the door. “HYUNG! WHAT THE HELL?!” was all they heard, making Jinyoung’s face squish cause he was the oldest, until Baro and another person strolled back around the corner.

            “Look what the cat dragged in…” Gongchan stomped over the Dongwoo and hugged him loosely “AREN’T YOU TAKING SUMMER CLASSES? CAUSE YOU’RE LIKE TWO SEMESTER AWAY FROM FINISHING YOUR PROGRAM? YET I NEVER SEE YOU AT SCHOOL? WHAT THE HELL? … hyung” adding the honorific for good measure and tightening his hold after he was done yelling.,

            Before he gave an answer to his absence and his unexpected visit, he made the rounds of hug and greetings. “Yes, Channie, I am taking a summer class, however it was study abroad, and I just go back yesterday. It was Japan, for a week, and it was beautiful. As for how I found your new house cause you just moved, I went over to Sandeul’s house to see how everyone was, only to be told you had moved out… and she gave me the address. And now I’m here” they had all moved to the living room to sit down and listen to the story about the missing hyung.

            “So your summer class had two weeks of lecture, a week of abroad, and now you just have to take your finals?”

            “Correct, and I’m not looking forward to it cause even though we have a study guide, I have no idea how to go about starting to study for it because it could be over anything and there was so much when we went abroad… Anyway what have I missed while being gone? I feel like there’s something big… “ getting an more daunting feeling he’d missed something when the other four broke into smirks.

            “I’ll take this question” Sandeul remarked dutifully. “First of all, Zico hyung is one of the best hyungs I have” receiving a scoff and slap from Baro, “ secondly, this dumb confessed to me and I reacted like a baby and cried… a lot. Either way, we are starting to very slowly develop a relationship. And don't know if you knew this before or not, but Jinyoung hyung and Channie are dating and are so cute.”

            “….. all of that happened while I was gone? It was one week! I mean, I’m super happy for you guys, but couldn’t you have like waited till I got back, damn!” the oldest flustered and stood and walked around so he could digest what had happened with his best friends while he was gone.

            “But like, that still doesn’t explain why I didn’t see you the first two weeks of class? Where were you? “Gongchan was not going to let this go, Dongwoo was his favourite hyung, minus his boyfriend, but that was a given.

            Trying to dodge the question and looking anywhere but at Gongchan, he sighed with defeat and told them the truth. “Well, my roommates kicked me out when they found out that the summer class I was taking was abroad and I’ve… sort of been…. homeless since the summer semester started. So I’ve been working two jobs trying to get enough to rent an apartment plus going to lectures… and yeah..” Now looking at his hands so he didn’t have to look at his friend pitying faces.

            “Well, if Sandeul is fine with it, you can sleep in my room? Cause we’ve been sleeping in his room together anyway. No you , that is moving too fast, though I would like to, Deullie’s not ready.. “offering to one friend and shutting down another when he wriggled his eyebrow and winked at him. “I trying to get back on your feet after being homeless can be difficult, so like I said, if he’s fine with it, you can live here, rent free until you feel you’re ready. And either you can pay some of the rent here, or move out; totally up to you. Deullie, would that be okay?”

            “That would be more than okay; it’s be like a permanent sleepover!” getting overly excited because of the unexpected reunion, Sandeul nearly tackled Dongwoo when he accepted their offer and stood up to hug them. “Where is your stuff anyway? If you were kicked out, I don’t imagine you would want to keep it there?”

            “Aha, about that…. I checked into a hotel when I got back into the country last night. And I had only took essentials with me to Japan, so most of my stuff is actually at the apartment I got kicked out of… I had it all packed before I left and stowed it in the basement. I told my ex roommates I’d be back to get it tomorrow.” Getting ready to be a huge burden on his friend “… would you guys want to help me bring it here… whenever its okay for me to move in by Baro and Sandeul?”

            Sandeul and Baro shared a look, “How about you three go and get his stuff, you can borrow my car, and Baro and I will make some room in Baro’s room for your stuff tonight? It won’t be much but you can at least unpack some stuff…” Sandeul eyed Gongchan and Jinyoung and they just smiled, and he threw them his keys.

            “Are you sure? This is a super big favour you guys are doing for me and I really appreciate it, but it doesn’t have to happen this fast” Dongwoo on the verge of tears because no one had ever been so incredibly kind to him.

            “It’s only like 6:30, and there’s plenty of daylight left to get done, now go and get your before we changed our minds” Sunwoo being playfully demanding and shooing the other three out the door.

            One last hug they are out the door while the two left behind meander into Baro’s room to clear some space. Sandeul stands on one side of the bed to plan where they can put things and what is the most essential things that should get moved when two hands are on his waist and lips on his neck.

            “Are you sure about this? I feel like I’m not only rushing you to love me, but with Dongwoo moving in… I don’t know; things feel out of whack these days” Baro being cautious for once.

            “If you thought this was a bad idea, why did you offer it to hyung?” he turns to peck his boyfriend’s lips, arms locking behind his neck, adding “You’re not rushing me, cause I know you would never pressure me to do anything I don’t want to do. Hence why you take care of yourself before and after we go to sleep… cause you’re my precious bunny and I’m really grateful you’re willing to take things extra extra slow. Thank you” Sandeul kisses his nose and then moves to his lips.

            Baro moves to deepen the kiss when they accidentally fall on the bed, knocking foreheads and erupting into a fit of giggles. “I’m glad I have you too, but we should really move some stuff, cause Dongwoo hyung is a fast driver and he probably had all of his things packed and he only lived like 10 minutes away, and I don’t want to hear him complain that we didn’t do anything in the time they were gone” he says this while staring Sandeul in the eyes, but makes no move to get up when he finishes. “I love you” and kisses him again, but gets up before he can answer.

            Sandeul is left lying on the bed after, befuddled and thankful because he’s not ready to say it, but feel his chest start fluttering. Finding Sunwoo looking into the closest, Sandeul wraps his arms around his middle and whispers “Thank you” and nuzzles his neck before letting go and diving into the closet as well.

 

~fin~


So guys, THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER! ..... sorry it only took like EIGHT MONTHS... I had hella writers block and then school and I JUST MOVED! And I probably could've continued this story for a while longer, but honestly, I just needed to end it; i'm actually super suprised i took it this far, cause i generally have trouble sticking with things. I was just going to NOT do anything with it, but it need some kind of closure.

THANK YOU LOVELIES FOR STICKING WITH ME! 

I plan on finishing my other story, the jongkey one if any of you read that one as well, and probably do one-shots... cause i wrote in class, like i wrote A LOT... but lke i said, it'll mostly be one shots, like ikon, bts, monsta x and rookie groups cause i have so many feels for them.

Anyway, thank you again and i'm sorry. I LOVE YOU GUYS.