third voice

I Hear Your Voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third Voice

It is such a bad idea.

Lu Han heaves a bothersome sigh as he has reached the destination. He kind of recognizes from the beginning that he’s making a stupid plan to agree with Minseok’s suggestion to go meet Jung Sisters. He has this erroneous feeling in which he has blatantly chosen the bad idea. He has no idea why on earth he chooses to go meet them in the first place? He realizes how dummy he is right now.

He decides to simply leave the place but somehow, he has the guts that tell him to check on them. Though what Minseok had said earlier seemed to be wrong – or from his opinion, superstitious. The so-called spooky Jung Sisters can help him unravel his problem about his supernatural ability? One word; ludicrous.

Minseok’s recent remark does stop him from walking a step backwards. He rolls his eyes, trying to ponder what his words meant.

“Lu Han-ah, I really think you should go meet them. Even though you don’t believe in them, for this time… please listen to me. They’re Jung Sisters. Everyone knows how great they are. I think they can help you, somehow…”

Letting out a sigh for the umpteenth time, Lu Han finally makes up his mind. Just for this time, he will abide by his friend’s advice. Although the ones he’s going to meet are opposite of what had been said by Minseok, he thinks he will not be regretful. The latter simply wants to help him, though.

He latches his gaze at the surrounding of the room before his hand squeezes the the door knob. The room or from Minseok’s details, it is called as the manor of the duo. It is a place where both of them would spend their time after school. That’s why Minseok asked him to go after school since they would definitely be here. To be honest, he’s somewhat puzzled on how did Minseok know all these details about Jung Sisters. It seems he’s close with them but he doesn’t bother to contemplate further.

“Hello…?”

Lu Han’s eyes meet with something he doesn’t expect he would encounter at all. His jaw drops, eyes turn wide out of massive astonishment. Out of the blue, he instantly turns around, only to stop seeing what he should have not seen in the first place.

There is a couple who’s currently making out right in front of him and when he stumbles upon them as he darts in the room, the passionate couple breaks the kiss in an instant. They look utterly flustered and maybe, way more flabbergasted than Lu Han is.

“Hmm… I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to… uhm… barge into all of a sudden… I.. really-”

“It’s okay, hyung,” the sophomore named Kim Jongdae pitches in with a smile. He seems to recognize the elder from his casual words. He looks at the bashful girl before he walks away towards Lu Han.

“Hyung, I’ll get going now. It seems like you’ve got something to talk to her,” says Jongdae and pats the elder’s shoulder lightly.

“Oh… err… okay,” spills out his awkward reply, looking at the embarrassed younger.

When Jongdae’s about to stride out of the room, Lu Han happens to hear his inner thoughts.

“Oh, crap! What if Lu Han-hyung knows about our relationship?! It’s a relief that he seems to not know anything! But if he knows and tells the students, I’m so ing dead!”

He grimaces, watching the younger leave the manor hastily. Inwardly, he emits a laugh. Without asking him about their relationship, he has confessed it first. Somehow, he feels so good to have this ability. He’s able to know what’s inside everyone’s heart.

“Uhm, do you want to meet me?” The girl’s voice breaks the silence. She’s relaxed as she flashes him a gaze though she has just kissed her boyfriend.

Lu Han walks closer to her with a bewildered look. “Are you Jung Sisters?”

“You came here yet you don’t know who I am?” She scoffs derisively.

He closes his eyes for a second and bites his lip in slight exasperation. How ironic her statement is to the extent he feels slightly fuming inside. He pulls out a tiny smile and says, “I’m sorry but I came here on a request. I have no idea who are the famous Jung Sisters.”

“Are you by any chance, a transfer student?”

“Nope,” he answers shortly. “Actually, I’ve been studying here since the first year but recently, I’ve got myself into an accident and then passed out for three months. Ironically, I’ve lost a part of memory… so yeah… that’s why I can’t figure out who are you. In fact, I think I’ve never seen you before…”

“Ah, so you’re the one who everyone’s been talking about, right?” Her eyes twinkle and soon, staring at him fervently that it makes Lu Han a bit uncomfortable.

“I suppose…”

“Anyway, you’re right. I’m one of the famous Jung Sisters. I’m the older sister, Jung Jessica.” She reaches out her hand to shake hands with him.

“I’m Lu Han,” Lu Han answers, eventually shaking hand with her.

After having mild introductions to each other, they settle into the respective seats afterwards.

“So, Lu Han-ssi,” Jessica begins after a jiff, “what brings you here?”

“My friend’s asked me to come meet you since I’ve had a serious problem.”

“What kind of a serious problem?” Her forehead creases a frown.

Lu Han goes with a sigh before he starts with the details. “Actually, after I woke up from the coma, I suddenly possessed ability where I can read a person’s mind. To everyone’s point of view, they might not believe in me and think I’m such a crazy bastard…. but this is true. I indeed can read their mind.”

“Oh, it’s called telepathy.”

He rolls his eyes. “You… believe in me? Don’t you think I’m such a freak, do you?”

Jessica bursts into big laughter. “Why would I think you a freak, Lu Han-ssi? I believe in you and for your information, there are such people who gain ability like you but not that many. It happens accidentally and for some people, they’ve got the ability since they were born. But in your case, you gained it after you woke up from your coma. Sure, it doesn’t make sense but it’s realistic.”

“And not mention, I’ve just heard Jongdae’s inner thoughts.”

“What did he say?”

“He says he’ll be doomed if I know you two are dating.”

“Aish, that kid,” Jessica snorts and crumples her fist tightly. “He shouldn’t have said that in his mind, for heaven’s sake!”

From Lu Han’s opinion, it’s amusing to see an upper class student like Jung Jessica and most importantly, she’s super influential throughout the school to date and unexpectedly, he’s younger than her.

“I won’t tell the others, Jessica-ssi,” he says, “so don’t worry too much.”

“Good grief.”

“Anyway, it’s cool.”

“What ‘cool’?”

“You’ve got a boyfriend though you’re popular and not to forget, you’re the school’s Ice Princess.”

Jessica almost laughs at his remark. “Ice Princess? Okay, this is laughable.”

“Why?” Lu Han raises an eyebrow suspiciously.

“It’s amusing that people tend to think that I’m Ice Princess though they barely know me. It’s true that I always give off cold stares when they look at me. I rarely smile or laugh but to be honest, I’m not a cold person,” enlightens Jessica. “But on the right note, I’m bright and sociable though I’m picky when it comes to make friends.”

Lu Han simply nods at her words. Somehow, he could understand what she is saying. The students are frightened to get close to him. Not because she’s well-off or influential, but they think she’s cold and aloof. Nevertheless, her cold stare is no joke. He’s surprised when she first talked to her earlier. It gives him a set of goose bumps.

“Okay, back to the story, let me tell you… there are a lot of supernatural powers in the world but the notable ones are teleportation, flight, time control, healing and telepathy – your power.”

“I want to know how on earth did I get to have this telepathic power, Jessica-ssi.” His voice may be desperate but he’s curious to figure out the secret behind his ability.

“Then you should meet my sister,” notes Jessica with a hint of a significant smile.

“Your sister?”

She nods at once and responds, “Yes, my sister, Jung Krystal. She’s quite a knowledgeable person about these kinds of stuffs.”

“So where is she right now?”

“I’m sorry but she’s absent from school today so you wouldn’t get to meet her right now.” She sends him an apologetic look. “But don’t worry, I’ll tell her about you and you’ll get to meet her tomorrow.”

“Alright then.” Though he’s quite disappointed, there’s nothing he can do about it. It’s not like he could literally go to their house for the sake of his own importance. “Hmm, what is her name again? I didn’t quite catch it earlier.”

“Jung Krystal. She’s a sophomore,” she explains briefly, a smile twists upon her luscious lips. “Don’t worry, Lu Han-ssi. I assure she can help you.”

***

Right after recess has ended, Lu Han goes to the teacher’s room as he’s being summoned by his homeroom teacher, Mrs. Jo. Despite being clueless of the sudden request, he still ends up reaching her cubicle.

“Mrs. Jo?” he greets the elder, a frown appears on his forehead.

“Oh, Lu Han-ssi, you’ve come,” the teachers remarks amiably and gestures him to sit in front of her.

“So... why you want to meet me, Mrs. Jo?” he questions directly without making her shift to another topic.

“Actually, there’s a lot of things I’d love to talk to you but since you’ll have class after this, I’ll cut it short,” Mrs.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter