fifteenth voice

I Hear Your Voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fifteenth Voice

“Oppa!”

“Hyung!”

“Lu Han-ssi!”

Lu Han cringes at the ear-splitting voices coming through his eardrums as soon as he opens eyes. He then flashes his weak gaze around the ward room and catches the figure of the persons he knows; Jung Sisters and Jongdae.

“Lu Han oppa, finally after two days you’re awake!” Krystal cries out in happiness.

“I’ve been here... for two days?” He rubs his bandaged head. Damn, it’s hurt like hell, as if a throbbing knife was pierced deep within his head.

“Yes, hyung.” Jongdae nods and later bursts out laughing. “You were comatose for a week after you jumped off the cliff. You were lucky because you didn’t fall completely down the cliff. You just landed on the branch of the tree, though the firemen still had a tough time bringing you up.”

“Oh... I remember...” He has a difficult time remembering about the past but luckily, he manages to remember. When Minseok was about to kill himself by jumping off the cliff but Lu Han was a tad faster saving him in spite of the tables were turned in the end.

The doctor and his nurse arrive at the ward room to check on his condition. It is a relief that he does not receive any repercussion even after falling off the cliff.

“What happened to Minseok-ah?” he inquires when they have gone. “Where is he now?”

The trio look at each other for a second. They seem awkward to tell about his state.

“I think it’s better to ask the police officers on your own, Lu Han-ssi,” Jessica pitches in and the rest of them nod in agreement. “They’ll be here later for questioning.”

Lu Han nods in agreement, though he is utterly curious to know what has happened to Minseok after the scene.

“Oppa, may I ask you a question?” Krystal gives him a questioning look. “Will you hate Minseok oppa even after what he has done to you? You were hospitalized just because you saved him! What a -up bastard! If I were you, I’d despite him to death and want him to rot in jail until he dies!”

“Krystal, watch your mouth,” the older sister snaps grimly. The younger does not bother her warning – she still nitpicks about Minseok’s conceit to avenge his sister’s death.

Lu Han watches the small bickering between the sisters in amusement. It somehow heals his pain. His answer later makes them fall into silence. “If I say I’m not furious, it’d be a lie. However, I don’t want to spend the rest of my life hating on someone. I don’t have much time life. I want to continue living a happy life – without grudge and secret.”

A smile takes its turn upon Jongdae’s lips. “Hyung’s right, there’s no use to hate on someone. We should just spend our time by living to the fullest!”

“Sica unnie really picked a good boyfriend!” Krystal snickers and Jessica instantly widen her eyes, pinching her sister’s cheeks out of embarrassment.

“Unnie!” She winces, rubbing off her cheek. “I was just flattering, for God’s sake! I’m super jealous because you have Jongdae by your side and Lu Han oppa has Yoona unnie. Everyone’s happy except me and that ticks me off!” Kyungsoo’s vision suddenly stumbles upon her mind. She fantasizes how perfect her life would be if she can date Kyungsoo. She has dated a lot before this and her past boyfriends were all no good.

“Yoona...?” On the spur of the moment, his mind flies to Yoona. He lets out a groan. How stupid he is to have forgotten about Yoona. He just notices she is not here. If she were here, he would love to hug her so tightly and places kisses all over her face. He misses her and he really means it. And now, when he has gotten back his memory, everything has gotten back to its place.

“Where is Yoona? Why didn’t she come visit me today?” he asks instantly, raising an eyebrow. “Is she busy? And what about her condition? Is she hurt anywhere? Did Minseok-ah do anything harmful to her when she was kidnapped?”

There are a lot of his questions that make the three of them silence. They do not know to answer each of them.

Krystal emits a sigh. She does not know how to explain to the elder to what has happened to Yoona. She is perfectly fine. She only has minor injury and is getting better that she goes to school as usual. However, the only thing that bothers is she refuses to meet Lu Han. In short, she wants to avoid him for the rest of her life.

She thinks because of her, Lu Han fell into a state of coma. If he had not gone to save her, he would have been living so fine. And plus, Krystal voiced out to her that she had a premonition saying that Lu Han was dead. It happened when he was not still found. It causes Yoona to be guiltier.

“Unnie’s busy preparing for the midterm exam, oppa,” she lies for the sake of not wanting to see the elder is sad. Jessica looks at her in surprise when she speaks those words, but she does not voice it out. “She’d have loved to come visit you, though.”

“Oh, I see...” Even though he is somewhat disappointed, there is nothing he can do with it. However, the devastation that washes over his face is too evident to hide his feelings. “When I get out of the hospital later, I can always meet her, right?” He tries to soothe his heart by saying those words.

“Yes, oppa.” Krystal grins.

A few minutes later, Jongin barges in the ward room with two police officers behind him, ready for questioning.

***

The police officers, Shim Changmin and Victoria Song are too nice during the questioning that Lu Han feels at ease to the extent they even let his friends in.

“So do you really want this case to be ended, Lu Han-ssi?” he inquires, ready to jot down notes upon his statement.

“Yes, sir.” Lu Han gives a formal nod. “Since I’m alright and the other victim, Im Yoona, is fine as well, I’d like this case to simply end here.”

“Although he tried to kill you?” Victoria takes turn to question him. Her eyes glisten in provocation and also something that Lu Han does not bother to grasp.

“I didn’t die, did I?” He chuckles comically. “To be honest, I just don’t want to pour salt on the wound anymore. Enough is enough. He’s been through a lot because of me. I’m pretty sure he’d only resent me if I still pursue this case legally.”

“But oppa-” Krystal attempts to chime in to debate but her older sister is smart enough to hold her back.

“I understand your decision, Lu Han-ssi. You have the authority either to pursue or do the opposite,” says Changmin airily. “Thank you for your cooperation even though you have just regained consciousness, Lu Han-ssi.”

“It’s okay. I’d still have to go the police station if it wasn’t today.” Lu Han beams a smile and bids goodbye when they have already intended to take their leave.

“By the way, can I ask you something?”

“What is it?” he asks back, frowning.

“Where is Kim Minseok at the m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter