Chapter 8

Emotionless

 

 

The next morning, Cheonsa woke up with a bad feeling. She couldn’t sleep really well last night, after the incident in the restaurant. Jungsoo was mad at the parents, of course, she’d predicted it. When her parents told her about the wedding date, she was surprised that it was so soon, but she didn’t complain. She couldn’t.


She remembered when Jungsoo offered his hand to her, asking her to support his decision, she rejected him. A part of her said she should take his hand and pursued her dream instead of marrying Jungsoo. But that would mean that she wouldn't be married to him and another part of her didn’t want it. Jungsoo’s disappointed face was still fresh in her mind. He looked betrayed, hurt, and she felt bad about it. His betrayed face kept flashing in her mind; she couldn’t sleep because of it. Thinking that she just made a big mistake, she decided to visit him in his dorm, to talk to him.


Meanwhile back in Super Junior dorm, Jungsoo woke up with a thick tongue, a throbbing head, and a nauseated stomach. It was all, no doubt, because of all the alcohol he consumed last night. All his soul was almost gathered but it was still hard to open his eyes.


His head was throbbing pain, not only because he had hangover, but also because the door bell was ringing. “Get the door!!” He screamed out loud, but soon regretted it because it just made his head hurt even more.


Jungsoo tried his best to get up from his bed. It was no use for him to go back to sleep since the door bell kept ringing. He was confused, usually he would wear shorts and shirts to sleep but he didn’t wear anything at the moment. His clothes were sprawled on the floor and there were also some other clothes that didn’t belong to him on the floor. Girl’s cloth. He could hear the sound of the water beat against the tile. Someone was having a shower in his bathroom. He felt weird but didn’t really think about it.


Someone finally opened the door and he heard there were voices out there in the living room. Donghae, Ryeowook and a girl voice. They sounded serious. He took any shirt he could find and then stumbled to get out of his room. It felt like he was still drunk.


He got out from his room, and found three pairs of eyes were staring at him. There were Donghae, Ryeowook, and a girl standing in front of him. It was Cheonsa.


“Cheonsa?” His eyes were still blurred. He squeezed his eyes shut and then looked up to her, thinking hard whether he was dreaming or not. Donghae and Ryeowook looked at their hyung in worry look.


“I’m sorry, hyung. I’ve told Cheonsa that you’re still sleeping.” Donghae apologized.


“Yes, but I need to talk to you, about last night.” Cheonsa said. “I want to apologize.”


“Apologize?” Jungsoo tried to recall everything that happened last night. He wasn’t fully awake to remember.


“Oh, you’re awake. Can you call me a cab, then? I wanna go home.” Suddenly there was a girl’s voice coming from Jungsoo’s back.


A girl who was wearing Jungsoo’s shirt and training pants appeared from his room and approached them. Her hair was still wet from shower. It was her who took a shower in Jungsoo’s bathroom before. Donghae and Ryeowook cringed when they saw the girl. Jungsoo was confused and oblivious with the situation. Cheonsa was agape, shocked with the girl’s appearance.


“Who are you?” Jungsoo asked the girl.


The girl giggled. “Boy, you didn’t remember? You must be really drunk last night.”


“La-last night?” His memory started to come back to his mind. He was pretty drunk last night, a girl came to him and he went home with her. He was this morning. The clothes on the floor were her clothes. He groaned.


Jungsoo turned around to Cheonsa. Her expression morphed from surprise to anger. “Wait, Cheonsa, this is not like what you think...”


“This is exactly what I think it is...” Cheonsa said, her voice was shaking. She stared at him with regret and anger, like he was the last person she wanted to see on earth. “I’m sorry I interrupt.” She turned around and stormed out of the dorm.


It took a moment for Jungsoo to react, because he still had headache, but he made his way out of the dorm and found Cheonsa in the hallway, walking hurriedly to the lift. Without thinking, he grabbed a wistful of Cheonsa’s coat.
“Where are you going?”


“Home.” She snapped. She kept walking towards and once she reached the lift Jungsoo grabbed her shoulders. “Listen to me first.” He demanded.


Cheonsa lifted up her head. She had tears b on her face. Seeing her tears made Jungsoo silent, his throat choked. That was the first time he saw her crying.


“I’m sorry if I just come here without notice. I shouldn’t come here and interrupt your morning.” She said.


“You didn’t interrupt anything, Cheonsa. You’ve misunderstood...”


Another tear spilled over onto her cheek but she quickly wiped it away. “I never thought you’re this kind of guy. It’s good to know your true self, Jungsoo-ssi.” She said, turning away from him.


He grabbed her arm. “Wait, are you mad?”


She yanked her arm from his gripped. “What? Why should I mad at you?” She laughed once. “I’m nobody to you.”
“Cheonsa, this is not like you imagine.”


“No, this is exactly what I imagine. Although you always say I have no emotion what so ever, I have eyes, Jungsoo-ssi. I saw that girl coming out from your room, wearing your clothes!” Jungsoo cringed as she raised her voice. He never saw her this angry before. Tears were b on her face and she cried. “Even though it’s too late, can I say something? I don’t know since when I started loving you as a man, not because my parents set you to be my husband. That was why I insisted on marrying you, not because I thought my parents’ decision was the best for me. But that’s useless to love you now, since my heart is already broken.”
 

Jungsoo was speechless. He wanted to explain everything but he was taken aback by her confession.
“Maybe you’re right. I shouldn’t get married to you and pursue my dream instead. Thanks.” She bit her lips to stop herself from crying.


Cheonsa turned away from him and then got inside the lift. She pushed the close button repeatedly but the door didn’t get closed because Jungsoo hold it open.


“Cheonsa, look at me. You have to listen to me first.”


Cheonsa shook her head and kept her head down, refusing to look at him. She kept pushing the button and finally Jungsoo gave in. He released his hand and let the door closed.


The door finally closed. The gray colored lift door replaced Cheonsa’s face and filled Jungsoo’s view. Cheonsa’s departure brought emptiness to Jungsoo. Cheonsa’s crying face flashed on his mind. He felt pain. He fell seated on the floor. He closed his face with his hands and didn’t get up from there for quite a long time.