Chapter 4

Emotionless

 

Jungsoo drank up his champagne glass as he watched his grandmother chatted with his parents. He sighed, remembering how stupid he was when he promised his grandmother to marry that girl. He thought his grandmother was cheating on him. Using her old age as her excuse to get him married.

 

He glanced at Cheonsa who was sitting next to him. This girl didn’t leave his side for a second. She kept following him like a puppy but surprisingly he wasn’t bothered by it at all. They barely spoke after his grandmother left them, even when they were sitting alone at the table like this, they didn’t speak a single word to each other.

 

From across the room, Chaerin could see that it was really awkward between her cousin and Cheonsa. Jungsoo had this hard expression on his face and Cheonsa was emotionless. Sighing, she decided to approach them and break the ice between them. When she was about to walk towards them, someone tagged on the edge of her skirt. It was her little cousin, Cheonsa.

 

“Chae eonnie!” She called her.

 

Chaerin smiled as she lowered her body to match Cheonsa’s height. “What is it Cheonsa?”

 

“Who is that girl beside Jungsoo oppa?” Little Cheonsa asked, she pointed at Leeteuk.

 

“That is Oppa’s friend.” Suddenly an idea crossed her mind. “Cheonsa, Baby. I heard Jungsoo oppa is going to get married with that girl.”

 

Cheonsa’s eyes widened, she gasped in excitement. “Really? Jungsoo oppa is going to get married?” Chaerin nodded at her. “Can I be the flower girl? Please? Can I?” Chaerin smiled. She remembered it very well that her little cousin really loved wedding. Cheonsa always said she wanted to get married in a castle, like a princess and before she grew up and get married, she wished she could be a flower girl first.

 

“Why don’t you go there to Jungsoo oppa, and then asked him about that?” Chaerin suggested.

 

“Cheonsa glanced at Jungsoo’s direction and then nodded. She bid her goodbye to Chaerin and immediately ran across the room, approaching Jungsoo and Cheonsa in a wide grin on her face. Chaerin smiled mischievously as she watched little Cheonsa greeted Jungsoo.

 

“Jungsoo oppa~ Anyyeong!” Cheonsa greeted cheerfully.

 

Jungsoo’s hard expression melted and his face brightened. “Baby Cheonsa~” He cheered. Cheonsa watched as Jungsoo took little Cheonsa and put her on his lap. “You look pretty like a princess!”

 

Little Cheonsa giggled. She cupped Jungsoo’s face and gave him a sloppy kiss on his cheek. “You look handsome too, oppa.”

“What brought our little princess here?” Jungsoo asked her.

 

Little Cheonsa glanced to Cheonsa, who was sitting next to him, and then she brought her hand to Jungsoo’s ear and whispered, “Who is this girl?” She whispered loud enough for Cheonsa to hear. The older Cheonsa pretended like she didn’t hear anything but her lips curled into a tiny smile.

 

“Oh that girl?” Jungsoo pretended to whisper. “Her name is Cheonsa too, like your name.”

 

“Her name is Cheonsa?” Little Cheonsa shrieked. “Your girlfriend’s name is Cheonsa too?” She didn’t bother to whisper anymore, and her question made both Jungsoo and Cheonsa startled.

 

Jungsoo chuckled nervously. “Who told you that she’s my girlfriend?” Cheonsa raised an eyebrow at him, she noticed that Jungsoo didn’t correct his cousin’s word.

 

“Um, Chae eonnie told me that you’re going to get married with her, so that means she’s your girlfriend, right?” She suddenly remembered something and got excited before Jungsoo could even answer her. “Oh yeah, that’s right! Oppa, oppa, can I be the flower girl on your wedding?” She asked in full excitement.

 

Jungsoo grinned. “Well, I don’t know.” Jungsoo answered his little cousin. “I think you should ask Cheonsa eonnie instead.” He turned to look at Cheonsa, who was watching at his and his cousin with a small smile on her lips. “Cheonsa-ssi, this is my little cousin, Cheonsa. Cheonsa this is Cheonsa eonnie. Your names are the same!”

 

Cheonsa smiled gently at little Cheonsa as she caressed her head. “Hello, there.” She greeted her.

 

Little Cheonsa blushed, she smiled back at her. “Hi.” She said shyly. She cupped Jungsoo’s ear once again and whispered to him. “Oh my God, oppa your bride is beautiful!”

 

Jungsoo looked at Cheonsa, who was obvious that she could hear her whisper but she still had her poker face on. Jungsoo brought his mouth to Little Cheonsa’s ear and whispered back. “I know, right. She’s so beautiful she looks like an angel!”

 

Cheonsa’s expression changed. Her cheek blushed hearing Jungsoo’s words and she couldn’t do anything about that but turned to look away; to hide her face. Jungsoo noticed it, though. He didn’t expect her to blush like that; he thought that side of her was cute.

 

“Should I ask her, then?” Little Cheonsa asked, breaking Jungsoo’s thoughts.

 

“Yeah, yeah. Ask her.” He encouraged her.

 

“Cheonsa onnie..” Little Cheonsa called her hesitantly

 

Cheonsa looked at her and then smiled. “Yes, Honey?”

 

“When you two getting married, can I be the flower girl?” Little Cheonsa asked. She sounded anticipating.

 

Cheonsa chuckled. “When we’re getting married?” She reached Little Cheonsa’s cheek and pinched it lightly. “Of course I want you to be our flower girl. I was just about to ask you, but you beat me before I could even ask!”

 

Little Cheonsa’s face turned bright, she smiled from ear to ear. “Yess!!” She immediately hugged Jungsoo. “I promise I’ll be the prettiest flower girl ever!”

 

Jungsoo laughed as he hugged her back. “Of course you will!” He said. Little Cheonsa released the hug and kissed on his cheek, thanking him. She got down from his lap and approached Cheonsa, gave her a thank you kiss as well and then left the two of them with a happy smile on her face.

 

Jungsoo and Cheonsa watched as Little Cheonsa came to her parents and then delivered the news to them. Her mother congratulated her daughter and then waved to Jungsoo and Cheonsa, mouthing a thank you to them. Jungsoo waved back at her.

 

“Flower girl, huh?” Cheonsa suddenly said. “Your little cousin will be a cute flower girl...”

 

Jungsoo sighed, his mood immediately changed. “Cheonsa-ssi. There will be no wedding, so we don’t need a flower girl. You know that I didn’t mean it, right?”

 

Cheonsa rested her chin on her palm and stared at him. “Which one that you didn’t mean to say? When you said she’s gonna be our flower girl or when you said that I’m beautiful like an angel?”

 

Jungsoo was startled by her question and his face started to blush. He knew Cheonsa heard him complimenting her before but he didn’t expect her to boldly discuss it with him.

 

“Uh,...” He shifted uneasily on his seat. “I- I think I need to go to the bathroom!” Embarrassed, he stood up from his seat and then immediately walked to the men’s bathroom. Cheonsa chuckled as she watched him walked awkwardly.