Chapter 6

Emotionless

 

 

 

Ever since the last time he and the rest Super Junior members visited New York, Jungsoo had a thing with having pancakes or waffles for breakfast. The idea of having breakfast American style was growing on him. Even when they came back to Korea, he sometimes would take the members to have pancake breakfast with him whenever they had free time.

 

It was 9 o’clock in Saturday morning, Jungsoo didn’t have to go to work until the afternoon and so did Donghae, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun. So he decided to take them to his favorite diner that day.

 

“Hyung, I could just make pancakes for you, you know. We don’t have to go out just for pancakes.” Ryeowook complained. He was the home-cook type of guy and he didn’t get why they had to wake up early just to have breakfast outside when he could possibly cook anything.

 

“You even made us woke up early.” Kyuhyun grumbled. His face furrowed and he still had his bed hair on. He wasn’t really a morning person, and Jungsoo had to force him to wake up, so he wasn’t in his best mood.

 

“You’re paying, right? At least you’re paying for us.” Donghae added. He also objected the idea of having breakfast outside. Last night Kyuhyun lend him some good DVDs and he ended up watching DVDs until 3am. He didn’t expect his hyung would bang on his door in the next early morning.

 

Jungsoo chuckled; watching the three of them slouched on the couch, scowling at him. “Come on guys. You won’t regret this. Kyuhyunah, you said you want to try eggs benedicts, right? Wookie, you also said you want to learn how to make hollandaise sauce. And Hae, yes, I’m gonna pay for you all.”

 

The three of them groaned. Their leader knew them really well. Reluctantly, they got of from the couch and dragged their feet, following their leader out from the dorm.

 

“We’re taking the car?” Kyuhyun asked when Jungsoo led them to the basement parking garage. “Is it far?”

 

 “No, it’s close to here, but I invite Cheonsa-ssi as well. So we need to pick her up.” Jungsoo answered.

 

The three of them looked at each other and then grinned. Somehow they didn’t feel sleepy anymore. A plan was made through a silence conversation between them and Jungsoo was oblivious about that.

 

******

 

“These are Ryeowook, Donghae, and our magnae Kyuhyun. Guys, this is Cheonsa-ssi.” Jungsoo introduced them while driving the car. The three guys were seated at the back meanwhile Cheonsa was insisted to occupy the seat next to the driver seat by all of them and Jungsoo was the one who drove.

 

Cheonsa turned around and greeted, bowing her head a little. “Annyeonghaseyo~”

 

“Anyyeonghaseyo~” The three of them chorus together, with a mischievous grin plastered on each face. Jungsoo watched them from the rear-view mirror, rolling his eyes at them. He could sense that they were unusually excited. It didn’t surprise him, though. He’d expect them to act mischief in front of her.

 

Though he kept reminding them to behave, they still tried to tease Jungsoo and Cheonsa every chance they got. Ryeowook pointed that he never saw his hyung that excited to have a breakfast. It  turned out that he invited Cheonsa, so that was the reason why he was so excited in the morning. Donghae said that Jungsoo talked a lot about her. Jungsoo had a several embarrassments from them but the worst was when Kyuhyun suddenly asked whether they’d kissed or not.

 

Suddenly Jungsoo regretted inviting them, but he was glad that all of their teases made Cheonsa laughed all the time.

 

The diner was Jungsoo’s favorite. He was like a regular there, seeing how warm the manager greeted him. He personally took their order and didn’t even bother to ask Jungsoo’s order because he already memorized it.

 

“Two pancakes with butter, 2 scramble eggs, and two beef bockwursts with additional turkey bacons for Jungsoo-ssi.” The manager confirmed.

 

“Don’t forget my Americano.” Jungsoo reminded him. “What do you guys want?”

 

Kyuhyun and Ryeowook chose eggs benedicts, Donghae had a hard time to pick something out of the menu book and he ended up choosing waffles with 2 scoops of ice creams covered with chocolate syrup. Cheonsa ordered French toasts and chamomile tea while the boys said they want the chocolate milkshakes. Jungsoo shook his head at them, saying that their chocolate waffles and milkshakes were so childish.

 

The waiter appeared not too long, with their foods. It took him a three times trip from the kitchen to their table to serve all of their orders. They all soon were digging their meals.

 

“So, I hear you’re a teacher?” Donghae said, as he pulled his hot waffle and applied the chocolate sauce and a little scoop of ice cream then took them inside his mouth.

 

Cheonsa, who was still chewing her toast, didn’t answer until she emptied . “I am. But, how did you know?”

 

“I’ve told you, Teuki hyung talked a lot about you.”

 

Cheonsa raised her eyebrows at Jungsoo, who immediately looked panic. “Really? What else did he tell you?”

 

Donghae pursed up his lips, thinking hard. “Uhm, he told us once that you’re a true Korean beauty.”

 

Jungsoo choked on his throat, surprised. The guys laughed at him; meanwhile Cheonsa was getting him water. He exhaled and sighed after he drank a lot. “I didn’t say she’s a true Korean beauty!” He exclaimed.

 

Kyuhyun snorted, “Yeah, but you did say she’s the traditional type of girl. Long and straight black hair, fair skin, slender body...” He told her with a smirk on his face.

 

“And she has this elegant and smart aura. Definitely a true Korean beauty, then.” Ryeowook added.

 

Donghae rested his chin on his palm and flashed his famous sweetheart smile to her. “Teuki hyung is so lucky, you are indeed beautiful.”

 

Cheonsa blushed, being flattered like that. From the way they stared at her and spoke to her, she felt like they were complimenting her directly, not telling her about how Jungsoo described her.

 

Jungsoo kicked Donghae’s shin below the table and the younger man groaned. “Are you guys done flirting with Cheonsa-ssi?” He grumbled. Donghae his hurting chin and glared at Jungsoo, pouting.

 

Ryeowook and Kyuhyun laughed at Donghae, but Jungsoo scolded them as well. “Yah, you two! Don’t . You guys make her uneasy!”

 

Kyuhyun and Ryeowook stuck their tongue at him. Cheonsa laughed at them. They didn’t make her uneasy at all, though she was embarrassed a moment ago, but she thought they were really friendly and funny. She couldn’t stop smiling and laughing being with them.

 

They all finished their meals not in a long time, and no one bothered to tease Cheonsa anymore considering the glare that Jungsoo threw every time one of the guys opened their mouth. The waitress took their empty plates and served hot teas for them.

 

Kyuhyun sipped his tea and decided to pull a conversation. “So, what are you teaching, Cheonsa-ssi?”

 

Across from her, Jungsoo snorted softly. “What?” Cheonsa lifted her chin at him. “What’s so funny?”

 

“She teaches etiquette and Tea Ceremony in high school.” He told the others. “It suited her, right?”

 

The others stared at her with a mixture of amazement and disbelief. “Etiquette? I never knew high schools have etiquette class. Well, my school didn’t.” Kyuhyun said.

 

“It’s an all-girls school, that’s why we have etiquette class.” Cheonsa explained.

 

“Wait,” Donghae gasped and they all looked at him. “Etiquette means you teach how to behave, right? How to act proper?” Though he wasn’t entirely right, Cheonsa nodded at him, correcting him. “Damn, I talked when I still had food in my mouth. That’s not proper, right?”

 

Ryeowook snickered. “Eew, hyung. That’s gross.”

 

“If I knew that you’re an etiquette teacher, I would behave more before.” Kyuhyun regretted.

 

Cheonsa covered as she chuckled. The curiosities in their eyes were so cute for her, and they were too innocent she felt like pinching their cheeks. “It’s okay, guys. Being an etiquette teacher doesn’t mean that I’ll correct everyone’s behavior. Sometimes I don’t act properly as well. And you all didn’t act improper, relax.” She could see they all let out their breath and relaxed. She chuckled again.

 

“Cheonsa-ssi, you don’t have to speak formally to them. You’re the same age with Donghae and older than Kyuhyunah and Ryeonggu.” Jungsoo suddenly said.

 

The others widened their eyes at this news. Even Cheonsa. “You’re a noona?” Kyuhyun asked in disbelieved. He thought she was younger than him, or at least the same age as him. Because she kept talking formally to them.

 

“Her birthday is 6th November 1986. Same age as you, Hae.” Jungsoo answered instead of her.

 

That surprised them even more. “Your birthday is the same as our debut anniversary!” Ryeowook chirped. “That’s amazing!”

 

Cheonsa didn’t look as surprised as they were though. She remained in silent and just smiled to them. “You already knew, didn’t you?” Jungsoo noticed that. He grinned over her. “Have you been stalking me on the internet?”

 

“Reading Super Junior profile on Naver doesn’t count as stalking.” She said, giving him a look.

 

He snorted a laugh. “I should have checked my profile picture on Naver if I knew you’d stalked me on the Internet.”

 

“Jungsoo-ssi, where did you get such a large self-confident?” She asked, in joking tone.

 

Kyuhyun grinned and he cocked his head at her. “Probably from being Leeteuk of Super Junior.” The boys laughed, totally agreed with Kyuhyun. Cheonsa shook her head in disbelieved but she joined their laughter.

 

“Wait, I just realized something.” Ryeowook stated when the laugh toned down. All the eyes looked at him. “Why do the two of you still talk formally to each other?”

 

“Right, right. I wanna ask the same thing too.” Kyuhyun said.

 

Donghae nodded, agreed with them. “Yeah, it’s kinda weird. I thought you two are close enough to use Banmal.”

 

Jungsoo and Cheonsa stared each other and then turned back at the boys. “Cheonsa-ssi isn’t the type of person who uses Banmal that easily.” Jungsoo told them.

 

Cheonsa raised her eyebrows, a bit taken back at his answer. “Is that a compliment or... Wait, are you saying that I’m a stiff person, Jungsoo-ssi?” Her lips smiled, but her eyes stayed focus. The boys laughed at Jungsoo.

 

“No, I didn’t mean that.” He sighed. “What I meant to say that you’re so proper. You’re an etiquette teacher, for God’s sake. And when we first met, you were so formal to me. So I thought it might be uncomfortable if I start using Banmal.”

 

She looked at him in disbelieved and then an idea popped her mind. She leaned closer to him, rested her chin on her palm and smiled, amused. “I’m not uncomfortable using Banmal to you, Jungsoo oppa.” She said, affirming the ‘oppa’ word.

 

Jungsoo, who was sipping his tea, choked on his drink and accidentally spilled his tea. He was startled hearing her called him oppa that boldly. He was flustered red. The others laughed at him as he nervously got the napkin and cleaned the table.

 

“See hyung? She’s not uncomfortable calling you oppa.” Kyuhyun told him.

 

“You’re underestimating me just because I’m an etiquette teacher.” Cheonsa chuckled. “I won’t mind using Banmal to you, you know.”

 

Jungsoo laughed nervously, obviously happy that Cheonsa just called him oppa, but still flustered. “If you’re not uncomfortable, then I’d like you to call me oppa from now on.” He scratched the back of his head, grinning. The boys couldn’t stop giggling.

 

She simply smiled at him. “Okay then, Jungsoo oppa.”