chapter 1

Emotionless

Chapter 1

 

Jungsoo drove his car to his parents’ house like a mad man. His temper was getting worse when he saw an unfamiliar car was parked on his house parking lot. “That must be her” he murmured as he gritted his teeth in anger.

 

“Jungsoo! Finally you’re here!” Mrs. Park exclaimed in happiness at the moment she saw Jungsoo made his entrance to their house, “We were just talking about you, honey”

 

It seemed like the Park family was having some guests that night. Seeing that there are three strangers who were sitting with Jungsoo’s parents in the living room. “Omma, we need to talk” He sternly said.

 

“Wait, Honey. I have to introduce you first,” Mrs. Park said, “This is Baek Family, our old family friend that I’ve told you a lot..”

 

“Annyeonghaseo, Mr. Baek, Mrs. Baek. My name is Park Jungsoo..” Jungsoo bowed respectfully to them. Mrs. Park smiled satisfied at her son and then waved her hand to a girl who was sitting beside them,

 

“And this is their beutiful only daughter, Baek Cheonsa..”

 

Jungsoo stared coldly to the girl as she bowed at him. She looked like she was in her 24 or 25 age. Her appearance made Jungsoo stunned for a moment. She has a long straight and black hair that fell naturally on her right shoulder. She wasn’t a skinny girl, but has a curve body that was loved by every men. Her appearance that nigh was really elegant like a lady.

 

“Annyeonghaseo, Jungsoo-ssi. My name is Baek Cheonsa..” The girl said softly as she bowed to him.

 

“Funny, isn’t it? Her name is Cheonsa and you always referring yourself as a fallen angel..” Mrs. Park chuckled, “Oh! Jungsoo also has a cousin named Cheonsa, what a coincidence..”

 

Mr. Park cleared his throat, purposely doing it to gain attention “So that both of you have met, I think we should talk to you about your engagement...”

 

“Wait! That’s exactly what I want to talk about! What engagement, seriously?!” Jungsoo asked rather angry.

 

“Jungsoo, I believe that you’re sister have told you before hand about this, right?” His father asked back.

 

“Yes, but I never get better explanation why on earth you should arrange a marriage for me!” He shouted a bit, making the room fell silent.

 

Mr. Park sighed at him, “Son, we’ll talk about this later; privately. Can you sit here first and listen to us?”

 

Jungsoo knew the tone in his father’s voice. His serious tone said it would be dangerous if Jungsoo complained again. Unwillingly, he took a seat on the couch, next to the Cheonsa girl, which was the last empty seat in the room.

 

Both of the parents continued their conversation. Basically, they were explaining to their daughter and son about the marriage. Jungsoo was listening to them halfheartedly without even looking at his parents. While their parents was busy in their own world, Jungsoo took the advantage to check out the girl beside him.

 

Cheonsa didn’t put her full attention to their parents neither. She just kept staring the wall, like it was the most interesting thing there. Her expression was blank, but it didn’t hide the beautiful face she had. Jungsoo took a  detail look on her. Her eyes were pretty big with long eyelashes and somehow they tinted sadness. She must hate this engagement too, Jungsoo thought.

 

Jungsoo nearly fell asleep if only his mother didn’t call his name out loud. “Jungsoo, honey, aren’t you going to say goodbye too?”

 

“Huh?!” he snapped his head and saw Mr. And Mrs. Baek already got up from their seat, so did their daughter. “Oh, are you going to go home?”

 

“Yes, dear. But Cheonsa will stay here for dinner. Can you take care of her for us?” Mrs. Baek smiled gently at him.

 

Jungsoo was a little pissed about Cheonsa staying for dinner, but he didn’t show it. He smiled the older couple and bowed, “I will take care of her, don’t worry. Have a save trip, Mr. Baek, Mrs. Baek.” He mentally scolded himself. Being in Super Junior for such a long time made a habit of him for taking care of others. He didn’t even know why he said he would take care of Cheonsa. All he wanted that time was getting rid of Cheonsa, not taking care of her.

 

“I guess this is the time for you to know each other, right? ,” Mrs. Park smiled meaningfully at them when the Baek spouse already left the house, “Too bad your parents can’t join our dinner tonight,”

 

Cheonsa smiled, “Dae, Appa is always busy. Even in the night like this, there are always some clients who interrupt our dinner time,”

 

“Well then, no one will interrupt you today. Let’s go to our dining room, both of you. The dinner is served already,” Mrs. Park pushed them on their shoulder and led them to the dining room. Mr. Park was already seated on the dining table, and the food was already served too.

 

It was really awkward between Jungsoo and Cheonsa during the dinner. They barely talked to each other, not even looking.They kept eating in silence, and only talked if Mr. Park or his wife asked them something.

 

Once the dinner is done, Cheonsa went to help Mrs. Park cleaning the plates and all in the kitchen, while Jungsoo was left with his father. “Appa, may I remind you that I still haven’t get the explanation of this engagement?” Jungsoo said.

 

Mr. Park sighed as he put down the cup of coffee he was drinking, “Your mother and I think it’s about time that you get married. But you never introduce any girl to us these years, so we thought you don’t have any girlfriend and we’d like to introduce you one. Baek Cheonsa.”

 

“Oh yeah, Baek Cheonsa. What’s wrong with that girl? Is she a robot or something? She faked smiles, she doesn’t show any expression. Is that kind of girl you want me to be with?!”

 

“Don’t say that, Jungsoo. She’s not faking anything, Cheonsa is a good girl, I knew her from she was a little, she’s just shy around people.”

 

“And why did you want me to marry her? Why don’t you let me choose by myself?!”

 

“We just think that it’s the perfect time for you to get married. And Cheonsa is the perfect wife for you, Jungsoo.”

 

Jungsoo scoffed loudly, “Perfect time? I’m now in the top of my carrier, Abeoji! Super Junior will release 5th album soon, we’ll start the world tour, I have a lot jobs on TV shows and also radio. Do you think I want to get married and throw away my carrier?!”

 

His voice was loud that Mrs. Park and Cheonsa could hear him. They went to the dining room again to check on him and found out an angry Jungsoo.

 

“Is everything okay, Honey?” Mrs. Park squeezes her son’s shoulder lightly. Her voice was full of concern.

 

“No, nothing’s okay omma! I’m so sorry but I won’t ever marry her.”

 

Mrs. Park gasped, “What are you talking about?”

 

Jungsoo glanced at Cheonsa who was standing behind his mother. She didn’t show any expression even if Jungsoo just rejected to marry her. “I don’t want you to arrange a marriage for me, Mom. We barely know each other and you told us to get married?!”

 

“Jungsoo, you’ll get to know her later. And love will bloom anytime. Cheonsa is a great woman, she’ll be the perfect wife for you. You just have to open up your heart for her, Honey..” Mrs. Park encouraged him.

 

“I don’t wanna get married with a girl I don’t love!” he hissed under his his breath.

 

“Jungsoo!” His mother called sternly, “How old do you think you are? 20? 25? You are 29 for God’s sake!”

 

“Oh, God.. Don’t tell me that you think I’m too old for being unmarried?” He groaned.

 

“You are! You are not young anymore, you can’t just have fun with your life and not getting married. You’re 29 years old, you will go to army next year and will come back two years later. When will you get married, then?”

 

He was taken back for a while. He knew his mother was right. Jungsoo and Heechul talked about that a lot. Heechul never planned the time he’ll get married, but he really wanted to get married as soon as he can. Because he didn’t want to have a big with his children. What about him, then? What about Park Jungsoo?

 

“I.. I will get married once I found my love,” he answered absent-mindlessly, earning scoffs from his parents. He went on before his parents could say anything, “And even if I have found my love, I won’t get married when my carrier is on the top like this!”

 

The room fell silence. Jungsoo was so stubborn that his parents didn’t know what to say anymore. Mrs. Park was in urge to cry, her eyes were glistening with water. Jungsoo and his father was in glaring battle. He glared angrily at the older man. While Cheonsa was being left out from the conversation.

 

“Excuse me,” Cheonsa spoke up, breaking the silence between them. “Can I say something?” She asked politely.

 

“What is it, dear?”

 

“Maybe Jungsoo-ssi is still in shock about this marriage. He’s right, he can’t marry a girl he barely know,” she said, “Why don’t we give some time for him to know me?”

 

“What? I’m sorry, Cheonsa-ssi. This isn’t just about it! What about my job?!” Jungsoo snapped her.

 

“We can talk further about it later. But this time, I agree with Cheonsa.” Mr. Parks answered, “This is only your first meeting, you  have to get to know each other first.”

 

Jungsoo looked at his father in disbelieved. He couldn’t believe his parents were still stubborn about this marriage. He was too tired to debate about this anymore, then he gave up. “Whatever you said. I don’t care about this.”

 

He was about to left but Cheonsa stopped him, “Can we talk for a while, Jungsoo-ssi?”

 

“Yes, honey. You can!” Mrs. Park answered instead of him, “Jungsoo, bring her to your room upstairs. You can talk in your room,”

 

Jungsoo let out a desperate sigh, before turned around and walked upstairs. He didn’t say anything to Cheonsa, but she followed him to his room.