chapter 2

Emotionless

Chapter 2

 

Once they were in his room, Cheonsa examined around the room. His room was all white, the furniture, the bed sheets, the curtains. It was almost look like hospital if it wasn’t because of a lot Super Junior posters and pictures on the wall.

 

She sat on his bed after Jungsoo told her to while he grabbed a wooden chair and sat in front of her. “What do you want to talk about?” Jungsoo folded his arms on his chest; he looked really pissed.

 

“Fist of all, I want to apologize if this marriage troubled you,” she bowed as she apologized, “I know you really want to terminate the marriage. But can you give it a chance to know me first?”

 

Jungsoo scoffed, “I think I’ve said it clearly, Cheonsa-ssi. I can’t get married this soon. Even if I get to know you, or even fall in love with you, which I think it will hardly happen.”

 

“Yes, but I think as time goes by, you will change your mind and eventually want to marry me.” She said calmly.

 

“Wait,” Jungsoo held his hand on the air, “Do you agree with this arranged marriage?”

 

Cheonsa nodded. “Yes, I agree.”

 

“What?! Aren’t you angry that you don’t have freedom to choose your husband by yourself?”

 

“No, I’m not. I believe everything that my parents choose for me is the best for me,” She stated, “And I believe you will be a good husband for me,”

 

“So you will accept and do everything what your parents tell you?” He asked in disbelieved and she nodded as the answer.

 

Jungsoo didn’t say anything else. He just stared at the expressionless girl in front of him. Cheonsa didn’t show any emotion at all. She was so calm when she talked, and polite too. It seemed like there was nothing wrong with the girl’s personality but Jungsoo just didn’t like her. He thought she was too emotionless or too stupid for agreeing this marriage.

 

“Should I introduce myself again? Maybe we should start to get to know each other now,” Cheonsa said.

 

Jungsoo looked at the girl with his eyebrows furrowed. Once again, he thought something inside of her was wrong. He rolled his eyes and looked away. “Whatever,” he mumbled.

“Okay,then. My name is Baek Cheonsa. I was born on 6 November 1986, so I am 25 years old now..” Jungsoo flinched as she mentioned her birthday date. It was the same date as Super Junior’s birthday. He wanted to say out loud it but then he decided to keep it by himself.

 

“... My parents sent me to Japan to learn about traditional tea ceremony, I’ve joined a special program for building good manners, and I’ve spent the entire time of my life for learning to be a perfect wife. I think I’m really capable to be your wife, Jungsoo-ssi.”

 

Jungsoo didn’t blink his eyes as he listened to her long and firm introduction. There was a moment of silence when he had to get all the info into his brain before he escaped laughter from his mouth. “Perfect wife, huh?” He said between his laugh; tinted with mocking tone.

“What are you laughing at?” even though she didn’t show any emotion on her face, she sounded furious by his tone. She thought he was rude for mocking her.

 

Jungsoo shook his head while trying to stop his laughter. Two thing that described herself in Jungsoo’s opinion. Either she’s a nerd girl or a man freak. He swore if it wasn’t because her lady like appearance he would think this girl was insane. “Is that why you agree with this marriage? So that you can get married?” He asked back after he stopped giggling.

 

“What do you mean by that?” She looked offended by his words.

 

“You said you spent your entire life to learn  about being a perfect wife. So, isn’t it your life achievement then? Being married?”

 

“Well, I have so many goals other than being married. Married is only one of my biggest goal, Jungsoo-ssi.”

 

Jungsoo scoffed, “What are the others, if I may ask?”

 

“One out of three is of course, getting married in a beautiful church,” she answered proudly, “.. giving birth of some lovely kids, and the most important one..I can’t say it now. ” Her eyes went solemn when saying the last sentence. That was the first time Jungsoo ever saw such an emotion reflected on her face. Evnthough he couldn’t figure what made her suddenly looked sad.

 

After a moment of silence that felt like forever, Cheonsa looked up at Jungsoo and broke the silence. “So, that’s me. What about you, Jungsoo-ssi?”

 

“Well.. I’m...” He thought for a while and gulped the imaginary lump inside his throat. Even with the years of experiment as an artist, he didn’t know what to answer when being asked like that. “What should I tell you? You can search about me on the internet, that would be easier..”

 

Cheonsa chuckled and nodded in agreement, “I believe the internet provides many info about Super Junior Leeteuk,” Leeteuk wasn’t surprised that she knew about Super Junior, but he didn’t expect her to know. Hence all the thing she was doing were only related to marriage things; he thought Cheonsa was an old-fashion girl. “But how about about Park Jungsoo? I want to know about Park Jungsoo, not Leeteuk..”

 

Jungsoo was taken back with her question. How about Park Jungsoo? It’s been a while since the last time he got such a question like that. Not to the super star Leeteuk, but to the ordinary man Park Jungsoo.

 

“Jungsoo-ssi?” Cheonsa touched the back of his hand and startled him with the sudden touch. On reflex, he jerked her hand away. “I-I’m sorry.. You didn’t answer me, so..”

 

Jungsoo gritted his teeth, somehow he seemed angry. “I’m sorry Cheonsa-ssi. This is not going to work,” he got up on his seat and about to leave her. When she called out his name, he turned around with a furious look on his face. “You can try as hard as you want, but I won’t ever marry you and that’s final.” With that he walked out the room; slamming hard the door and left  Cheonsa alone whose heart was stabbed in pain.