Secrets can destroy us

Ghost

 

 

 

 

 

Once again, Cheondung and I are in Mir’s living room. I can’t help but bite my lips. I’m feeling really guilty for showing him this pictures, it must be really hard. After all, he saw his girlfriend dying in front of him when he was around 17 years old, I can’t imagine how hurt he is. Moreover, what if he doesn’t recognize any of the cars on the pictures. We’ll get to the beginning again, not knowing who was the driver …

Seeing how nervous I am, Cheondung hits my feet and I try to put back a poker face. I have to be a good friend and support Mir. And if he doesn’t recognize the car, we’ll start again, no problem.

 

But I hope this weird story will end. What if I get 40 years old and I still see the ghost of my dead cousin? That will be really terrible … But at least, I made a decision. When everything will end, I leave my mother and the fortune-teller shop. Even if I work as a waitress, I don’t care, I’ll live my own life, for real this time.

 

“Guys, I don’t think it will work …” Mir says.

 

“Why? Is it too hard for you?” I ask.

 

“Well, it’s not really that but … I don’t think the car of that day is in this list.”

 

A lump in my throat appears. Looks like I have to live with the ghost until my 40 years old … I counted on Mir so much but of course, it’s not his fault. However, I can’t help but feeling desperate.

 

“Are you sure?” Cheondung asks.

 

“I look at all the pictures twice to be certain but no, there’s not the car. Maybe the car wasn’t from Seoul.”

 

“Do you know how much white sport cars there are in the country? It will take us ages!” I sigh.

 

“Maybe not.”

 

I look at Cheondung. What does that mean? Does he have a solution? Even Mir seems to wonder why he said that.

 

“I know for sure that the driver was from Seoul.” He adds.

 

“How could you know that?”

 

He closes his eyes for a minute and bites his lips then looks at me. I can see he’s nervous. Why would he be? I start to get more and more nervous. Why does he look like he will reveal me the secret of the nation!

 

“Remember, I told you Rian came to talk to me.” He finally starts to talk again. “She said that we were on the right way and that we’ll find the driver but there was more …”

 

“More? Why didn’t you tell me then?”

 

“Because it’s about Seungho.”

 

This time, I’m the one closing my eyes. I wonder what Rian told him about Seungho. She’s dead so maybe she saw something really chocking.

For a moment, I start to think that Seungho is actually a serial killer who pretends to be gentle with me only to kill me later. I shake my head a little and look back at Cheondung. Of course he’s not a serial killer, that’s stupid.

 

But then, what did Rian tell to Cheondung?

 

“She predicted what happened today. She said Mir would look at all the pictures but recognize none of the pictures. But still, the driver was from Seoul and she knows who it is, even if she refused to tell me who it is. The last thing she said is that Seungho hides who the real killer is and lies to us.”

 

My jaw drops. Literally.

Wait, this is impossible! Seungho is the one who came in the first place, he was the one terrorized by the ghost and now, he is hiding Rian’s killer. This makes no sense! I shake my head, again and again, trying to realize what Cheondung just said.

 

No matter how much I think about this, I can’t understand. Well it’s true that he kept asking about what will happen next. Like if we will still talk to each other once the ghost will be gone but it’s not enough. I’m sure he won’t hide something that big so we can be friends longer!

 

“What proves me you’re not lying?” I ask, a little harshly.

 

“Are you serious? We are childhood friends but you want to trust the guy you met two months ago!” Retorts Cheondun, pissed off.

 

He’s right … Actually, I don’t know a lot about Seungho. The only thing that makes me trust him so much is that I fall in love with him. I try to imagine, I didn’t like him, would I trust Seungho or Cheondung? My childhood friend obviously …

 

No choice, I’ll talk to Seungho as soon as I can. Face to face, he’ll have to tell me everything. And I won’t let him run away like he did last time!

But I’m scared. What will I discover? Cheondung and Mir started to talk normally, completely ignoring me. Without a word, I stand up and get out of Mir’s apartment, mumbling something to them like “I’ll take the bus” but I don’t wait for their answer.

 

I know that Sunday, Seungho doesn’t work and has a day off. I also know where he lives. He definitely won’t escape me this time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : Hey everybody! Just wanted to tell you that this story is almost over. It won't be more than 15 chapters even if I still don't know exactly how much I have to write.