Honest Man

Ghost

 

 

 

 

“Yeah, Jinhee … It’s me, Seungho. I got what you wanted …”

 

It’s 10 in the morning and I just woke up so I need a few minutes to think and finally remember. Seungho accepted to make some researches for us about the car Mir described. I’m glad even if he’s a stubborn guy, Seungho did that work for us. Even if it needed a lot of “please” and begging faces from me …

 

“You’re not going to lose your job right?” I ask him.

 

“Why? You’re worried about me?”

 

“No. It’s just in case we would need your job again to find some information.” I retort.

 

He laughs bitterly and gives me an address where we could meet. After what happened last time, I can understand it would be a little awkward to just meet at my place. However, I think just meeting after what happened is also really awkward so …

So, I try to erase all the weird scenarios in my head, leave my flat and head toward the coffee shop where Seungho is already waiting for me.

 

This time, I know it for sure, I’m in love with Seungho. It kind of pisses me off that I fell for such a dork but yes, I want to be protected by his arms and every cheesy thing that follows. It’s easy to confirm because as soon as I enter in the coffee shop and see him, I can feel my heart pounding in my …

 

“So, tell me everything.” I start, trying to avoid an awkward silence.

 

Silently, he takes a file out of his bag and opens it, revealing a bunch of paper. He still frowns while placing it in front of me and I wonder if I did something wrong … I mean, it’s not my fault. He’s actually the one who kissed me and created this so odd situation between us.

Whatever, I grab the paper and see what it is actually. On each paper, there is a name with a picture, a picture of a car and the date on which the car was bought. A color was on the top of each paper. I understood it was blue if the person was living near the place of the accident, red if he was working near and green if the driver had other accidents. It must have take a lot of time. I wonder if he did that to apologize.

 

“Thank you. You did an awesome work.” I sincerely thank him.

 

Seungho just nods blankly and grabs his bag, leaving the coffee shop without another word. Surprised by his reaction, I want to follow him but I realize because of his escape, I have to pay for him … Damn! The waitress looks at me like I’m a thief but it’s not my fault if Seungho didn’t pay his coffee.

So after it’s done, I catch my coat and follow him in the streets. Summer is coming so a lot of people are slowly invading Seoul. After bumping into 2 or 3 people and running towards him, I finally arrive next to Seungho.

 

“You! Why did you leave me like that?” I ask, this time, really pissed off. “Why are you like that today?”

 

“I’m normal. There’s nothing.” He answers, not even looking at me.

 

I feel like my blood is boiling. I had to pay fo him, well okay, it’s nothing but it was weird and then, he leaves me like that and starts to lie. Because I know it for sure : there’s something wrong with him!

 

“Didn’t you say you were a honest guy? I know you’re lying so just spit everything you reproach me!” I start to scream.

 

“Fine, I’m jealous. Happy now?”

 

I raise an eyebrow. Jealous? Is he making fun of me? It’s true that he was quite angry when he talked about Cheondung and Mir last time … Is he talking about that? But saying this like that, just after I realized I love him, it makes my heart beat faster again.

He turns again and this time go away. I sigh and don’t even try to stop him. I already look like those creepy and crying girls in dramas and peasants are starting to look weirdly at me …

What’s wrong with my life? I can’t even think properly. Why am I doing all of that? Maybe this ghost-Rian is already gone …

I should move somewhere else, leave everything and start a new life under a new name. Yeah, that’ll be great …

 

 

 

Completely exhausted, I go back home and call Cheondung.

 

“Don’t give up.” He says when I explain him my thoughts. “I saw Rian yesterday.

 

“Really? What happened?”

 

“She was in front of my bed. It was like I was dreaming but at the same time, it looked so real … You know this kind of sensation? Whatever, she talked to me and said that we were on the right way, that we would find the driver.”

 

“Seungho gave me a list with all the cars. There are 13 of them in Seoul.”

 

“Let’s see Mir tomorrow then. Maybe if we show him the pictures, he would recognize one of them.”

 

I agree and hang up. Maybe tomorrow, the investigation will be over. No need to start a new life with a new name, even if it still seems like a good idea …