CHAPTER ONE - 『My Idol, My Step-brother』

Relationship Status: Fanboy

CHAPTER ONE

₪₪₪₪₪₪

Roses are red, Violets are blue. Byun Baekhyun is hallucinating and is that Jongdae?

A blurry vision welcomed Baekhyun as he flutters his eyes open. He blinks his eyes several times, trying to familiarize his surrounding as he attempt to remember why he was there in the first place.

With every seconds pass, his eyesight, although slowly, began to take in the sight of what looks like a hotel room. He whipped his head to his right and saw the dark orange sun got devour by the sea.

Sea.

He’s on a beachside hotel, he perceived. But why?

And then, just like a lightning travelling at 186,000 miles per second, his memories came back.

He remembers being on the actual beach outside complaining to particularly no one that the sun is destroying every little hard work he did for his skin to be healthy. And then he also remembers being shoved aside by a ‘kind’ stranger where his mom found him after, lying down on the beach sand. Then the wedding starts (yes, he does remember his cheesy words to his mom but he decided to skip out).

He was walking his mom down the aisle while thinking of things like ‘will I get a sibling soon?’ and ‘nah, probably not, they won’t move fast, won’t they?’… He was walking his mom happily and then…

 

OHMYGOSH.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widen in realization as he remembers getting eye contact with two beautiful orbs that he only sees on tv, photos and posters. That very same eye he adores since he 14. He made eye contact with Park effin Chanyeol.

Now now, it may seem weird to anyone who doesn’t know but Baekhyun is (and will be forever) Park Chanyeol’s number 1 fan -according to a reliable source, don’t worry-. Ever since the solo idol’s debut three years ago, he’s been there by his side. Always supporting him no matter what stupid rumors surrounds him. Always present when Park Chanyeol holds concerts or fansigning event. Forever buying the singer’s new released stuff and unreasonably expensive merchandises even if it means not getting his monthly dose of skin care products.

He’s basically living because of Park Chanyeol. Okay not really, he’s not obsessed or something; he’s just a dedicated fan.

But wait a minute, he stops himself from thinking. Why would the Park Chanyeol be present in his mom’s wedding? Surely his mother wants the best wedding singer and undoubtedly yes, Park Chanyeol’s the perfect fit. However, he’s also aware the fact that they can’t afford Park Chanyeol.

So why?

As if the world can hear his thoughts, the door of his room opens and unleashed the spawn of Satan in the form of his bestfriend Jongdae who's quick to give him a smug smile. But all Baekhyun could think as he stares at his bestfriend face, is ‘he’s so ugly’.

“Finally, the drama queen is awake.” Jongdae said as he slowly approaches Baekhyun. “How was your sleep, sleeping beauty?”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes in annoyance and clucked his tongue. Instead of answering Jongdae’s obviously sarcastic question, he threw one of his own.

“What happened?”

“Oh nothing important ByunBaek. You just fainted at your mother’s wedding day-”  Jongdae made sure to emphasized the word wedding day “-and scared the out of her.”

It was then that Baekhyun realized that he’d done a really terrible thing that as soon as his bestfriend sat beside him, he pulled his Jongdae and buried his head on his shoulders, bawling his eyes out like there’s no tomorrow.

Because seriously, he just ruined his mother’s supposed to be happy day. By what? By effin hallucinating of seeing Park Chanyeol! I’m such a terrible child, he said in between sobs.

“Did the wedding continued?” He asks aloud hoping for a yes. And fortunately it was.

Jongdae did nothing but rub his back for the next minutes and it comforted Baekhyun so much that when finally his tears stop he asks the matter he’s been trying to decipher since his memories came back.

“I know it’s weird KimDae, but I think I passed out after hallucinating seeing Park Chanyeol.”

“Uhmm—“ Jongdae is about to answer but Baekhyun continued on.

“I mean, it felt so real. I remember seeing him standing behind Uncle Park. And I made eye contact with him KimDae!”

“Well maybe—“

“But of course that can’t be real because why would I see him on my mom’s wedding day? I must be going crazy.”

“ByunBaek I think—“

“I guess I can’t stay out from the internet for so long that I missed him already. Argghhh. I hate getting outdated.  I swear the firt thing I’ll do when I get back in the city is—“

Baekhyun never got to finish his random mumblings because Jongdae just cut him off and uh oh, he’s on his monster form.

“BYUN BAEKHYUN. STOP YOUR STUPID RANDOM MUMBLINGS BECAUSE I SWEAR IF YOU DON’T I’M GONNA BURN ALL YOUR PARK CHANYEOL MERCHANDISE AND YOU.WILL.REGRET.IT!

Baekhyun knew better than to argue with a beast Jongdae. So he did what he was told and kept his mouth shut in an instance.

“Good.” Jongdae calmed down as well. “Now listen to me very, very carefully. I’m going to tell your mom that you’re awake and you’re both going to talk. Understand?”

Baekhyun whimpered as he imagined his mom’s dejected face as he faces her.  He tries to protest, try to delay the inevitable meeting but Jongdae effectively shuts him out again just by saying three words. P.C, merchandises, burning…

Remember to not overreact when you got to be aware of something new, were Jongdae’s final words as he disappears behind the door and it got Baekhyun left thinking.

The words are vague but why would he overreact?

He shrugs it off as he struggles to calm his nerves down. He formed some sentences to tell to his mother the instant she goes and meet him. Sentences like, ‘you’re the most wonderful woman in the world and the kindest too. You forgive anyone and I think you should be a saint…’

Baekhyun sighs as he realizes he’s being ridiculously. A simple sorry would suffice. But of course his mom would want an explanation. While yes, his mother is aware of the fact that he’s a Park Chanyeol fan, he can’t possibly give that reason. I mean, she might send to a mental facility as soon as I said that.

He doesn’t know. No matter how hard he searches his head for a false reason he could give his mother, he just can’t. Why?

“Baekkie?”

Baekhyun shots his head immediately to the source of the soft voice and once he made eye contact with his mother, his tears started to flow non-stop once again. His mom rushed to get by his side and immediately engulfed him in a tight hug.

“I’m sorry for ruining your wedding mom. I didn’t mean to.”

And his mom only tightens her embrace. “Shhhhh. You’re not at fault here there. If there’s somebody that needs to apologize it’s me and your Uncle Park.”

“But why would you apologize? I’m the one who ruined your wedding day.”

“You didn’t ruin anything Baekhyun. Let’s move on with that okay?” Her mom said letting the embrace go. “Now listen to me very, very carefully.”

Baekhyun chuckle lightly as he wipes his tears away. “I swear, KimDae just said that exact words earlier.”

His mom gave him a loving smile and ruffles his hair. “I hope you don’t get too shock to what I’m just about to reveal to you dear.”

“What is it mom?” His eyes widen. “Don’t tell me you’re pregnant. Ohmy. I’m getting a sibling!”

“Silly boy.” It is now her mom’s turn to laugh. “I’m not pregnant but yes you’re getting a sibling.”

“What do you mean mom?”

“Remember when I told you that your Uncle Park has a son?” Baekhyun nods to confirm that he does remember. “Well, because of his work, he’s been always away from home hence you still not meeting him.”

“Oh.” He said for a lack of better words because honestly he doesn’t know what to say. “How old is he then?”

“19. He’s three years older than you.” His mom replied. “But he attended the wedding today so I think it’s time for you to meet up.”

“Okay…”

Baekhyun watch as his mom opens the door and signals someone to come in. He doesn’t know what to expect. It’s been his dream to have a sibling and now that he’s having a step-brother he couldn’t help but feel happy.

“Introduce yourself dear. Don’t be shy. Baekhyun’s a nice kid.”

He heard his mom say and Baekhyun finally got his first look of his new step brother. Then suddenly time stops and so his heartbeat. As he continues to stare at the guy in front of him, taking all of his form, Baekhyun realize that he kind of resembles his favorite idol. His big ears, his height, and even Park Chanyeol’s beautiful eyes.  Everything about this boy screams ‘Park Chanyeol’. But it can’t be.

 

“Hello. My name is Park Chanyeol. And I’m going to be your new step brother.”

.

.

.

.

And for the second time of that day he fainted....

 

 

… Or so he wish he did.

 

 

₪₪₪₪₪₪
 
 

Chapter one, done.

I don't know. But I'm enjoying writing this fic.

It's different to my other fics.

Like this one is that kind of story that I could write without feeling pressured.

I mean, I could just write useless crap and be contented with it.

Because basically this is kind of a go-with-the-flow fic. LOL

Okay, I'm not making sense.

Anyway, thank you to my new subscribers. Welcome to my weird world. :)

Hope you enjoy your stay. ^^V

 ⁞⁞LUCKY⁞⁞

 

TWITTER@xoxoluckyxoxo