Prologue

Relationship Status: Fanboy

PROLOGUE

₪₪₪₪₪₪

The rays coming from the sun is hot. Too damn hot for Baekhyun’s liking. This is so not his day, he thought as he kicks the unsuspecting, poor sands beneath him. Whoever planned a beach wedding during the peak of the summer season deserves a punch straight in the face.

He’s not being a party pooper or in this case, a wedding pooper. But his mom, who’s the girl getting married today, could’ve thought this out better. He doesn’t exactly spend his allowance buying expensive skin care products for this crap.

If things would go his way, he thought, he would be on a ride back home. Yup, you’re the number one wedding pooper right now Byun Baekhyun, he grumbles as he realized that.

He wiped off the bead of sweats that have been flowing from his now messy hair since god knows when. If there’s anything ‘good’ that coming out from this wedding, it’s the fact that guests are allowed to wear casual but presentable for the event.

But that’s what pisses him the most. Since he’s the son of the bride, he was required (forced really) to wear stuffy clothes than he would have worn if he were on his own will. ‘Do it for your mom Baekkie’ his mom pleaded.

He’s still having nonsense arguments with himself when his douchebag of a best friend –named Jongdae (or as he leisurely calls him, KimDae)- approached him. If were other times, Baekhyun would appreciate the company but this is different. He’s pissed, irritated even. And the mere existence of Jongdae isn’t helping with his mood.

“You’re getting a good, almost natural tan look ByunBaek.”

And that's when he let out a soft gasp as he turns to face his best friend who’s smiling smugly at him. And all his mind could process are the words shade, get away from the sun, and disappear. But even before he could take his sweet escape, he was yanked back to his place by Jongdae.

“I’m kidding ByunBaek. Geez you’re so sensitive.” Jongdae snickered.

“You don’t understand!” Baekhyun cried out because he’s sure the other doesn’t understand a thing about the struggle of keeping a skin healthy. It’s a war. It’s not something you could do overnight. It needs dedication and an impeccably amount of hard work.

“Yeah yeah. Fine whatever you say. But if I were you I would be fixing my appearance right now because the wedding’s about to start. Don’t want my best friend looking like a mess when he walks his mother down the aisle.”

And with that Jongdae walks away leaving a panicking Baekhyun behind. With a quick thinking, He whipped out his phone out of his pocket, fumbling to go to his camera app in haste. Because Jongdae’s right, the idea of walking his mother down the aisle looking like a mess is definitely a no go. He’d rather rot in his room watching cliché dramas all day and night than look so enormously ugly I photos.  I mean I’m already ugly, the least thing I could do was try and look presentable, he thought.

While in the middle of fixing his hair out, he was harshly shoved on the side making him land on his and his phone went flying all the way to America. Kidding just a few centimeters away from his abused body.

He lets out a growl – it sounded more like a whine to be very honest – as he tended to his now poor behind.

“I’m sorry.”

The ever so kind guest said but even before Baekhyun could give a sarcastic counter attack, the offender is already a few meters away from him. He cursed as the back of the stranger mocks him in all his poor existence. What an , he muttered under his breath.

“Baekkie!” His mother approached him but came on a halt as she eyed him carefully. “What are you doing???”

“I’m trying to sleep.” He deadpans and his mother just shook her head. He got up as he dusts off his ¾ shorts, still cursing the stranger that did this to him. Wow, great day.

“Silly boy. Ready to walk your mother down the aisle?” She asked and Baekhyun can sense that his mother is quite nervous. So he did the only thing he could think to ease his mother.

“I love you mom.” He started. “I love you and I want you to be happy. Even though you’re marriage with dad didn’t worked out, I hope with Uncle Park, you get all the things a woman like you deserved.” He felt like crying but doesn’t show it but instead continued. “I love you mom and you’re beautiful.”

“Thank you.” His mom said between soft sobs. “I love you too.”

 

The wedding march song started and everyone went to their respective places. Baekhyun’s nieces were all so adorable throwing petals everywhere that he can’t help but coos at them. And when it’s time for him and his mother to walk, he gave his mom one last prideful look and started leading her towards the end of aisle where Uncle Park is waiting.

He was smoothly walking beside his mother when he made eye contact with the guy behind Uncle Park. Breathe hitching, Baekhyun tried to calm his erratic heartbeat and kept the smile plastered on his face.

But alas, everything was all in vain that when he finally gave his mother away to Uncle Park, his mind and his eyesight went all black as the words ‘Park Chanyeol oppa’ became his last thought before succumbing to his exploding feels.

.

.

.

.

He fainted.

₪₪₪₪₪₪

 

I created this fanfic way way back January 2014.

But I never got the chance to actually do this.

So here I am now, ready to accept another challenge.

And I hope you enjoy this. Thank you. 

 ⁞⁞LUCKY⁞⁞

 

TWITTER: @xoxoluckyxoxo