Chapter 4

That Should Be Me

 

          “You’re really not going to stay here, Baba, Mama?” Jongup asked and puffed his cheeks cutely after that. It would be the fourth time he asked his parents the exact question and Zitao could not help but give his one and only son his motherly smile. (A/N: Baba – it’s pronounced as Papa in Mandarin)

 

            The reception held had ended and only left the Jungs and the Moons in the function room. They sat at one of the tables at the back of the room as they wanted to rest a bit before going home… except for the newlyweds as they were given a honeymoon suite as a gift for having their wedding at the hotel. Jongup sat next to Daehyun who casually rested his arm on his wife’s chair, unconsciously leaning his body towards the latter. Daehyun decided to stay out of this family conversation because he was extremely tired and wished that he could have a good sleep now.

 

            “Uppie honey, this is the fourth time and we’re not staying. Baba has to go to meeting early in the morning tomorrow.” Zitao reasoned out as he reached to pinch Jongup’s cheeks.

 

            “Besides, you won’t even entertain us if we’re staying here either, right?” Yifan said, indirectly teasing his son who blinked his eyes as he tried to process his father’s words.

 

            “Just look at the groom already. Can’t wait for the night, Daehyun?” it was Yongguk this time and upon hearing his name being called, Daehyun blinked his eyes in confusion. He did not really listen to the conversation as he was trying to find the right position to sit himself comfortably on the satin-draped chair.

 

            “Huh?”

 

          “Auw, what a lovely sight to see~ Both of them have the same reaction to our teases~” cooed Himchan, hands cupping his own face as he tried to control himself from squealing.

 

            “Dae hyung, stop covering up with resting your head on your own shoulder when you just wanted to rest it on Jonguppie’s.” Luhan suddenly butted in. As much as he was hurting inside, he could not let it show as no one knew his feelings for the bride. And he thought he had already mastered himself at faking his smile by now as the smile looked so natural and sincere.

 

       Daehyun’s and Jongup’s eyes almost bulged out of their sockets when they heard Luhan’s words. Simultaneously, they turned their head to look at each other and immediately regretted doing so because their heads were so close to one another and if they were to sit closer, their lips might get attached. Jongup quickly turned his head to the front and tried to hide his blushing cheeks while Daehyun pulled his arm and straightened up his body. He cleared his throat as he mentally knocked his head for not realizing that he was leaning too closely toward Jongup.

 

            Their fast reaction caused the room to be filled with laughter. The parents were grateful that the wedding had ended smoothly and wished that the newlyweds would be together forever though it was just an arranged married. They could not hide their proud smile when they received compliments by the guests and other family members that came to the wedding saying that the newlyweds looked perfectly good together and would have beautiful children in the future.

 

            “Well, I think we shall make our move now.” Yifan announced as he brought himself up to his feet. Others followed his action and they started to embrace each other. Jongup hugged his parents while Daehyun hugged his parents and brother before they exchanged placed. When it came to Jongup and Luhan, they looked at each other first before Luhan pulled the shorter into his arms. He closed his eyes as he accidentally inhaled Jongup’s body scent that was mixed with his always favorite perfume. It was too sweet that it was killing Luhan on the inside.

 

            “Take care, Uppie.” Luhan whispered.

 

            “You too, Luhannie.” And Jongup made Luhan forgot how to breathe when he tightened the hug.

 

          “You’re planning to hug Jonguppie until tomorrow, aren’t you?” Daehyun surprisingly interrupted their little moment and Luhan looked up at his hyung to give the latter his signature smirk. You just don’t know how much I wanted him to be in my arms all the time, hyung. You just don’t know…

 

            “Are you jealous, Dae hyung?” Luhan monotonously said, hands not releasing Jongup in his arms. If he were to follow his heart, Daehyun would probably reply that he was not jealous at all but sensing that the parents were watching them, he did not have any choice but to play along. So he followed what his brain asked him to do.

 

            “That’s my wife you’re hugging now.” Daehyun replied matter-of-factly. Luhan gasped loudly before he broke the hug. He then put his hands on Jongup’s shoulder and looked straight into the latter’s beautiful brown orbs.

 

            “Man, Uppie~ Hyung’s being possessive now. I’m afraid he wouldn’t let you out of the room anymore. Can I hug you longer then?” Luhan jokingly said and did not miss the blush that adorning Jongup’s cheeks.

 

            “Y-Yah!” The Daejong couple said in unison and made others to laugh happily.

 

            They bid each other goodbye after having another teasing session and Daehyun had to practically drag Jongup out of the function room when he sensed another tease incoming. Daehyun and Jongup made their way to the elevator, hands holding each other’s. Jongup could not stop blushing with the simple physical contact and his heart was thumping hard against his chest when he thought about what would happen that night once they entered the honeymoon suite. And he blushed even more for having those not so innocent thoughts in mind.

 

FLASHBACK

 

Four months ago…

 

            Jongup carefully carried a big bowl filled with salad in his right hand and a bowl of kimchi in his left hand from the kitchen to the dining room. He was helping Zitao in the kitchen since morning as the Jungs who just came back from France wanted to come and have lunch with them. Once he placed the bowls on the table, he swiftly made his way to his room to dress himself. As he was changing into his new outfits, a bell rang through the house indicating the guest had arrived. GULP! Daehyun hyung is here!

 

            He quickly fixed his disheveled hair and sprayed a sufficient amount of perfume before he made his way downstairs, not before tripping himself at the corridor. Such a clumsy boy he was, tsk. Once he reached the bottom step, he could see the parents exchanging greetings and hugs. His feet suddenly stopped stepping forward when his eyes landed on someone who he had been patiently waiting for his comeback. He has changed so much within these three years that I barely recognized him now.

 

            “Look who finally decided to come back to Korea…” Yifan said, looking straight at Daehyun who was now smiling his infamous killer smile. He pulled the latter into a brief hug before they broke it.

 

            “Hello, Uncle Yifan. How are you?”

 

            “I’m as healthy as you see. How about you? Oh, how’s Paris?”

 

            “I’m fine too, Uncle. Hmm, Paris is cool…been missing it since I arrived here.” Daehyun nonchalantly replied, not noticing the changes in Yongguk’s and Himchan’s facial expression. He was not really missing the city actually. To be exact, he had been missing his boyfriend so badly now but he could not tell anyone about it. Not after the incident that happened in Paris. The parents knew the other meaning of Daehyun’s words but they tried not to show it.

 

            “Auw~ You’re looking more handsome since the last time I saw you.” Zitao let out his not so manly squeal and Daehyun turned to give Zitao a hug.

 

            “Hi, Auntie Zitao. You’re looking pretty as always.” Daehyun received a slap on his shoulder by Zitao for saying something sweet.

 

            “Such a sweet boy you always are, Daehyun. Anyway, where’s Luhan?” Zitao asked as he craned his neck to search for the said boy.

 

            “Ah, Hannie could not make it last minute. He suddenly needed to attend his group assignment meeting. But he said hi.” Himchan briefly explained and the Moons nodded their head understandingly.

 

            “Oh, where’s your son Jongup?” Yongguk asked and the said person snapped out from his trance when he heard his name being said. Taking that as his cue to make his appearance, Jongup took a deep breath in before he made his way to greet the Jungs. Easy, Moon Jongup.

 

            “Annyeonghaseyo, Yongguk adjusshi, Himchan adjumma… D-Daehyun hyung…” Jongup shyly greeted them. Himchan pulled him into a hug, followed by Yongguk. He then stood awkwardly in front of Daehyun who was staring at him like he had grown another head.

           

            “H-Hi, Daehyun hyung…” Jongup finally opened his mouth and gave the older his signature smile. Daehyun blinked his eyes couple of times before he answered the younger.

 

            “Hello there. Wow… just wow! I guess puberty did turn you into you now. You don’t have that childish look anymore and I’m surprised to see Moon Jongup this… uh, adorable?” Daehyun replied, hands doing some gestures. He wanted to say Jongup looked more beautiful, which he really was, but his heart would not let him to because to him, the only beautiful person in his life was no one other than his Yoo Youngjae. So, he chose the right one after beautiful – adorable.

 

            “Says the one who’s now having those muscular biceps and well-built body.” Jongup retorted making Daehyun chuckled in delight. Jongup studied Daehyun’s profile again and he could not help but notice that the older’s face was still handsome like he always remembered it, though it had hardened – the planes of his cheekbones sharper too, his jaw squared off, all childish roundness gone. The body… He had passed that certain point where the soft muscles of childhood hardened into solid, well build of a young man; the tendons and veins had become prominent under the light brown skin of his arms.

 

            “You like what you see?” Daehyun teasingly said and made Jongup’s cheeks turned crimson red. Jongup shook his head too quickly to deny the fact and mentally face palmed himself for acting stupid in front of Daehyun. The latter laughed before he pulled the shorter into a bear hug.

 

            Zitao led them to the dining room and they continued their conversation while having lunch. They talked about random things but mostly about Daehyun who just came back from Paris after three years of staying there. The room was filled with laughter and teases from each other before everyone decided to continue their never ending conversation in the living room. Daehyun excused himself as he wanted to have some fresh air outside, so he made his way to the lounge chair situated next to the swimming pool and lay his body down on it comfortably.

 

            Jongup, on the other hand, after having some self-conflict time, he finally decided to approach Daehyun with a piece of Strawberry Cheesecake in hand. He made it himself last night after Yifan told him that Daehyun was back in Korea and Zitao was the one who accompanied him when he was making the cake, giving some tips to make it tasted better. He was so excited yet anxious for what Daehyun would say about his cheesecake, so he could not really go to sleep last night.

 

            Jongup gently placed the cheesecake on the side table before he too, sat himself on the lounge chair next to Daehyun’s. His lips formed a thin line as he did not know how to start the talking. Daehyun seemed to be in his own world because he did not even look, or precisely, did not even realize there was someone else beside him. Jongup pouted before he opened his mouth.

 

            “Daehyun hyung…” Jongup called the said person who then whipped his head to look at Jongup.

 

            “Oh, Jonguppie.” Daehyun let out a sigh. Jongup frowned.

 

            “What’s wrong, hyung? You seemed to have problems. Mind to share it with me?” Jongup offered himself to be the one who could lend his ears to hear all Daehyun’s problems.

 

            “Nothing, I’m just reminiscing the past.” Daehyun faked a bright smile and Jongup seemed to buy it as he did not push the older any further. Speaking of the past…

 

            “Daehyun hyung… here.” Jongup slowly pushed the plate with Strawberry Cheesecake on it to Daehyun. The latter’s eyes sparkled in excitement. CHEESECAKE!

 

            “Cheesecake!” Daehyun enthusiastically exclaimed before he cut the cake into a small piece before he shoved it in his mouth. Jongup watched Daehyun as the latter cut another piece and unconsciously formed a smile when he saw how happy Daehyun was to be able to eat cheesecake… the cheesecake that he made.

 

            “It’s very delicious, Jonguppie. Where did you buy this?” Daehyun eagerly asked before he ate another piece.

 

            “Err… I made it f-for you…” Jongup shyly replied, eyes looking everywhere but Daehyun. The latter seemed surprised with the fact before realization hit him. He face palmed himself square on his forehead before letting out a chuckle.

 

            “God, how could I forget this? I made you promised me to make cheesecake yet I was the one who did not remember it. Bad Daehyun.” Daehyun pretended to scold himself which earned laughter from the younger.

 

            Jongup silently watched Daehyun ate the cheesecake. They did not utter a word after that, just appreciating each other’s company at the moment. Something clicked on Jongup’s mind and he turned to look at the older. It kept bothering him as to why Daehyun did not send any postcard to him for the past two years. He just wanted to ask the older the reasons why but as he was about to open his mouth to ask, Daehyun suddenly spoke, immediately stopped the flustered Jongup from pursuing his intention.

 

            “You know what, Moon Jongup? I’ll be the happiest husband if I were to have a wife who knows how to make cheesecake, just like you.”

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

            They stopped in front of the honeymoon suite, hands still intertwined and Daehyun slid the access card down in its slot that attached at the door. Once a familiar beep sound was heard, he turned the doorknob before he pulled the large door. Jongup who was scanning the hallway startled when he felt himself being pulled and he accidentally lost his balance due to the unexpected not so strong pull. He let out a small yelp and had his eyes close tight as he waited for the impact of the floor but he felt none.

 

           Instead, he felt two strong arms around him and a warm broad chest. He slowly opened his eyes and he could not help but blush when he found his face was so close to Daehyun’s to the point that he could feel his husband’s hot breathe against his skin. Way to go, Moon Jongup! Why can’t you be more alert?!

 

             “Be careful, Jongup.” Daehyun said as he helped Jongup to be on his feet again. Jongup whispered a thank you to his husband who just brushed if off.

 

            Daehyun released his hold around Jongup and entered the suite before he placed the access card in its card slot. Lights gradually brightened the once dark room and the newlyweds stepped inside, jaw dropped in awe. The suite’s walls created a delightful contrast with the exquisite rosewood red of the carpeted floor. It had high ceilings and fabulously luxurious décor, crystal chandelier that hung in the middle of the suite, 46 inch flat screen TV with super comfy black sofa and a full length window with views over the Seoul city. It was absolutely luxury!

 

            Daehyun and Jongup made their way further into the suite and there was a closed black sliding door which led to another room. Without having second thoughts, they pulled the door to the side only to be greeted with a spacious bedroom that was equally spectacular with a sumptuous king bed size and gorgeous décor. Within seconds, they could feel the blood rushing to their cheeks as aromatic candles that were placed everywhere and red rose petals scattered on the white thick mattress as well as carpeted floor came into sight.

 

          The room was screaming for romantic and moments; and the scent which was emitted from the candles and roses did not help the newlyweds much either as their inner sides subconsciously were being triggered with the sweet scent and environment. Clearing his throat, Daehyun made his way to the bathroom, mumbling something like freshened himself up to the now flushing Jongup. The bride jolted back from his trance when a soft thud coming from the bathroom door rang through his ears.

 

            Jongup quickly turned his heels, leaving the bedroom and made his way to stand in front of the full length window. His hands made its way to cup his blushing cheeks. Not to mention, his heart beat extremely fast and thumped hard against his chest when the thought that he would be Daehyun’s tonight came into mind. Could not blame him for being so nervous though because he was still a and Daehyun would be his first.

 

             He seemed to be so into his world to notice the bathroom door was now unlocked and his husband already stepped out of it. Hearing the husky voice owned by none other than his handsome husband that was calling out his name, Jongup turned his body only to feel his face became hotter than before.

 

          Stood in front of him was a very hot looking Jung Daehyun who had just taken his shower and was only wrapped by a white towel around his waist. Water was still dripping from his wet hair and the sight made Jongup to swallow his saliva.

 

              “Jongup…”

 

            Jongup quickly averted his gaze and cleared his throat before he walked rather too fast to the bathroom, eyes looking down. Daehyun blankly looked at the retreating figure of his wife until it was disappear behind the bathroom door before he went to the walk-in wardrobe to find a new pair of boxers and pants. Letting the towel hanging around his bare shoulder, he made his way to the sofa and switched the TV on. He rested his head against the armrest and soon, sleepiness gradually kicked in. He tried to stay awake but his body was screaming for a good sleep.

 

                 So he slept.

 

 

 

29th January 2014

12:30 am

Wednesday

 

photo change_zps71e09d2c.jpg

Top pictures: Jongup and Daehyun three years back

Bottom pictures: Daehyun and Jongup at present year

 

 

Okay, I know it's a fail T______T *runs and hides under the bed*

It's just a filling, so I understand if you find this chapter boring. :( 

However, I'm expecting positive feedbacks from you :) Thank you so much. :D

Please leave your comments so I know what you guys think of this story (n_n)v

 

starmoonlight : Thank you so much for the support. :D:D

bap_exo1995 : I smell HanJong here. hehe. kidding :) Updated! wee~