Chapter 12

That Should Be Me

       

       “Are you sure, Channie?” Zitao nibbled on the chocolate chip cookie in his hand as he averted his gaze from watching the show on TV to the friend of his, Himchan who was sitting next to him. The latter sighed before he looked over Zitao who gave him his questioning look. They were currently lazing around in the Jung’s living room as the mothers decided to spend their time together, just the two of them since the husbands were at the office and Luhan was going to come home from his class anytime soon.

 

            “What do you think, Tao?” Himchan asked his friend’s opinion.

 

            “Hmm… if you think he’s good for your son, then why not?” Zitao nonchalantly replied. Himchan reached for his juice on the table and sipped it slowly, letting the cold drink soothed his dry throat. However, the juice could not really calm his anxious heart. He frowned before he threw another question to Zitao.

 

            “What if Luhannie doesn’t like him?” Himchan was doubtful. He was afraid that his choice was not the best for his son or that it did not meet Luhan’s preference. Yes, he was trying to find someone for his youngest son, Luhan. It was not that Himchan was trying to interfere his son’s life but he just thought this young boy was perfect enough for his Luhan. Plus, Luhan did not seem to have a boyfriend or girlfriend right now, so no harm trying right?

 

            “Oh, Himchannie… You’re just too worried about this. I bet Hannie will like him. Channie, just follow your instinct, will you? Like how you thought of our Jonguppie for Daehyun. How did you even think of asking Yifannie for Uppie’s hand in marriage?” Zitao returned with a question too, eyes not leaving Himchan’s face.

 

            Himchan was caught off guard. He did not expect to be asked this kind of question. Once again, he brought the orange juice to his lips and downed it rather quickly that made Zitao reprimanded him to slow down or else he would choke on it. Himchan focused his gaze on the carpeted floor instead of mirroring his friend’s action.

 

            If he were to think back at how he and Yongguk decided to ask Yifan for Jongup’s hand in marriage, he would say one of the reasons was because of the unforgettable incident that happened in Paris months ago. He did not want Daehyun to continue his relationship with his boyfriend for he thought the latter was not good enough for his son. Himchan thought that the boyfriend could at least save his ity for his husband, not giving it to a boyfriend. Though he did not know who led who into having before marriage…and he did not want to know about it either, he was pretty sure Yongguk made a right decision for not allowing his son to have relationship with that Youngjae boy.

 

           However, that was not the main reason of their decision. For years, he already thought of marrying one of his sons off to Jongup because he really liked the latter just the way he was. It was not because he was the son of his best friend Zitao or that he was also the best friend of his sons, no. He did like Jongup because of his politeness, his helpfulness, his gentleness… it was not absurd to say he liked everything about Jongup, was it? Just by feeling his presence around would make people happy, what more when he flashed his brilliant smile on that angelic face of his.

 

             Himchan already told Yongguk his desire to have Jongup as their son-in-law and his husband totally agreed with him. Just like him, Yongguk liked Jongup too for his determination to excel in everything in life, his respectfulness toward elders and what attracted Yongguk the most was Jongup’s good heart, his generosity and willingness to help the poor. Jongup often followed Yongguk to do charity at orphanages or other places. His eagerness at helping people in need was what made Jongup looked beauty and perfect in his eyes.

 

            They thought of marrying off their son to Jongup about three or four years later but then, the current situation led them to make a drastic change in their plan. Without waiting for the remaining years, without having a hard time to choose who to marry Jongup, they decided to marry Daehyun off to Jongup. Little did they know, their decision without consulting their sons had hurt their youngest son’s feelings.

 

          “Yah, Jung Himchan!” Zitao’s exclamation brought Himchan back into reality. He blinked his eyes before he looked at his friend.

 

            “W-What?”

 

            “You were spacing out when I was talking to you.”

 

            “I’m sorry, I jus—”

 

            “OMMA, I’M HOME!”

 

            Himchan’s eyes widened in surprise and the funny thing was Zitao also mirrored his action. They whipped their head to the source of the voice and then turned to look at each other. Himchan quickly put the empty glass on the table, rather harshly which emitted a small sound of thud.

 

           “Oh my god! Luhannie is here!” Himchan whispered loudly, his voice sounded panic. Zitao furrowed his eyebrows.

 

            “Yah, Himchan. Just relax and act normal, okay?” Zitao whispered as well, his hand grabbed Himchan’s hands which the latter immediately squeezed it tightly.

 

            “Oh, Mama Zitao is here…” Luhan greeted Zitao. Yes, he also called Zitao, Mama. They were a family now, so the Moons requested for Luhan to call them Baba and Mama as well. Luhan went to place a kiss on Himchan’s cheek and give Zitao a brief hug before he sat on one of the sofas across from the mothers.

 

            “Hello, sweetie. How was your classes?” Zitao asked casually. He took a glance at Himchan before he averted his gaze back to Luhan. Aigoo, Himchannie

 

            “Classes were great. What are you guys doing?”

 

            “Nothing much. We’re just lazing around… waiting for you to come back home.” Himchan simply replied. Luhan’s brow creased before he grinned.

 

            “Waiting for me? O-kay…” Luhan looked at his mother rather weirdly but he quickly shrugged it off. His eyes landed on the chocolate chip cookies on the table and it did not take another two seconds for Luhan to react. His eyes widened in happiness as he picked one piece of his favorite cookies up and shoved it in his mouth.

 

            “Channie…” Zitao signaled for Himchan to say something and the latter let out a sigh. Here we go

 

            “Hannie…” started Himchan. Luhan looked at him questioningly.

 

            “I’ve something to tell you…” The mother spoke rather slowly.

 

            “What is it?” Luhan grabbed another cookie and ate it.

 

            “Do you remember Jonghyun Adjussi and Kibum Ahjumma?”

 

            “Oh, you mean your friend who you liked to call Key?”

 

            “Exactly!”

 

            “What’s with them?”

 

            “Uh…” Himchan shifted in his seat. He rubbed his nose, trying to find the right words to start the conversation. He was not this nervous when they asked the Moons about Jongup for Yongguk was there, leading the conversation. Right now, he was the only one who had to speak while Zitao was there just to support him, so he thought he should feel nervous.

 

            “Well, you see… I haven’t seen them quite a while, after they moved to Mokpo but now they’re back here in Seoul. I accidentally bumped into Key Ahjumma and also his son, Minseok last week. And the boy, oh my I tell you… he’s really petite and cute and you just wanna squeeze his chubby cheeks an—” Himchan already started his squeals but Zitao was fast to cut him off.

 

            “Himchan…”

 

          “Oh, right… ehem, sorry.” Himchan cleared his throat after realizing he chose the wrong time to have his squealing session and muttered an apology. Zitao shook his head for he could not believe his friend who initially was looking all nervous but now was so excitedly talking about someone. Luhan could only laugh at his mother’s antics.

 

            “So, this Minseok boy… I like him.” Himchan slowly said, trying to read Luhan’s reaction and he did not miss the shock look on his son’s face. Luhan had stopped munching on his cookie.

 

            “You’re saying…” Luhan trailed off as he did not know the right word to say. No, please don’t say…

 

            “Y-Yeah… I would like you to meet him, personally. I think he’s a good boy.”

 

             Himchan formed his lips into one thin line as he waited for a reply from Luhan. On the other hand, Luhan blankly stared at his mother for he was trying to grasp the situation. Did Omma just set me up to date someone I don’t even know?

 

            “Urm… you mean, uh, like a first date? Me and him?” Luhan asked, uncertainty laced every single word that slipped out from his mouth. Himchan nodded his head.

 

                “You could say that… a date.”

 

            “B-but Omma… I’m, uh, I’m not ready for this.” Luhan made up an excuse. Firstly, he did not expect that his mother would introduce him to someone that he had to date with. Secondly, he did not feel like wanting to know about the other because he was not trying to find someone to be in his heart and mind right now, he was not ready for that. No, the truth was that he did not want to replace Jongup’s place in his heart and mind with other person. Call him crazy for all he cared.

 

          “Not ready? Luhannie, you’re already 19 years old and it’s about time for you to have a boyfriend.” Zitao interjected encouragingly and Himchan instantly nodded his head earnestly.

 

            “I don’t find that as a problem, Mama.” Luhan nonchalantly replied, shocking both of the mothers.

 

            “My God, Channie! He’s just like you!” Zitao suddenly exclaimed, making the other two to whip their head into his direction.

 

            “What? Of course he is. He is my son after all.” Himchan retorted while making you-know-that-obvious-fact face too.

 

           “Not that, you old man. Oh god, my head!” Zitao rolled his eyes while his hand made its way to palm his forehead. Himchan had his eyes widened in disbelief upon hearing those words.

 

        “Correction! It’s beautiful old man.” Himchan replied and confidently flipped his hair. Zitao watched him incredulously and Luhan suppressed from letting out laughter for he could not believe the mothers were being diva at this serious time. 

 

            “Di-va! I’m referring to his response when talking about boyfriend.” Zitao spoke which made Himchan to furrow his eyebrow. Luhan blinked his eyes in confusion.

 

            “What’s with my response?” Luhan asked curiously. Zitao immediately shifted his body on the sofa as he looked at Himchan and Luhan alternately.

 

            “Channie, do you remember the time when you first have to meet Yongguk?”

 

FLASHBACK

 

23 years ago…

 

            Zitao practically dragged the nervous Himchan out of the class they attended to as the latter was trying hard to plant his feet on the ground but his friend’s strength that day was surprisingly beyond his imagination. He could not believe Zitao was the one who was so excited about his meeting with the person his parents asked him to date with. When he thought about it, he could not believe that his parents were secretly trying to find him a boyfriend, no scratch that – a husband-to-be.

           

            Himchan was still studying in a college and his parents unbelievably wanted him to get married, what more to someone he did not even heard of his existence. He could still remember how flabbergasted he was when his parents told him that he had to go on a date with someone who was going to be his husband. It was still fresh in his mind of how he reacted to the request and how his parents could easily turned the table around.

 

               He did not want to have a boyfriend at the moment for he thought he was still young and he wanted to enjoy his life without having any responsibility and commitment. But the experienced parents easily brushed him off saying that it was the right time for him to get married because even if he waited for other years later, he would still get married and what was the difference? – Only that he was older and probably having problem to find a boyfriend for he was starting to aging.

 

            “Oh, come on, Channie. Yongguk’s probably waiting for you there.” Zitao said while his hands were busy pulling the said person’s wrist to follow his track.

 

            “Andwaeeee~ I don’t want to meet this Yongguk guy. What if he’s bad? What if he looks like a serial ? Wait, a killer? Oh no!” Himchan quickly shook his head as his body started to tremble just by thinking about it. Zitao had to stop his steps as he turned to look at his friend in disbelief.

 

          “Kim Himchan, what’s wrong with you? Do you think your parents would marry their precious son off to something, eh, someone you just described? They’re not that insane, dear.” Zitao replied, hands on his hip. Himchan pouted for what Zitao just said was true. Sure thing his parents would not want to have a son-in-law who was so intimidating and plus, they even said that Yongguk was a good-looking man with a charming smile. Himchan wondered how charming he was but he just shrugged it off for he could not really trust his parents’ preference and taste.

 

            “W-What if he’s not handsome?” Himchan hesitantly asked which received a glare from Zitao. The latter let out a long sigh before he started to open his mouth again.

 

            “Diva! Stop asking me with these ridiculous questions. You just have to go to the park and see him yourself and you can start judging him when he’s before your own eyes.” Zitao reasoned out and when he felt Himchan was not going to react to his words, he continued.

 

            “Look is not important, my dear… but heart. So, now let’s get going and meet your Yongguk.” Zitao slung his arm around Himchan’s shoulder. The latter finally gave in and let his best friend drag him, not before he mumbled something in return.

 

            “He’s not my Yongguk.”

 

            Himchan gripped his bag strap tightly as he was about to reach the park where he would be meeting Yongguk for the very first time. He could not help but feel like throwing out for he was extremely nervous by now. He could feel his palms started to get cold and sweaty. In the midst of mentally screaming his unwillingness to meet his future husband in his head, something clicked on his mind which made him to abruptly stop his track. Wait! That’s such a pretty cool idea. I don’t have to meet Yongguk directly but I can see him from afar. Well done, Kim Himchan!

 

            “What now, Channie?” Zitao asked curiously.

 

            “Taotao… I have a favor to ask of you. Can you do it for me, pleasseeee?” Himchan pleaded, and he even made his puppy eyes. Zitao rolled his eyes for he knew Himchan would always do his irresistible aegyo when it came to a situation that he could not handle. He sighed heavily as he glanced at his best friend.

 

            “What?” Zitao crossed his arms in front of his chest. Himchan beamed before he replied.

 

            “Pretend to be me and go on a date with this Jung Yongguk guy.” Zitao’s jaw dropped and his eyes widened in surprise.

 

            “YAH! KIM HIMCHAN!” Zitao cried before he flicked Himchan’s forehead.

 

            “Oww, what was that for?!” Himchan quickly rubbed the stinging spot.

 

            “Are you out of your mind? What had gotten into you to even have this craziest idea? I freaking have a boyfriend now. No way am I going to be you and date him!” Zitao flailed his arms in various directions, as a gesture he was not going to do Himchan’s favor.

 

            “Pretty please, Hwang Zitao. Please please please… I just wanna observe how he is from afar. You know I’m not ready for this.” Himchan shook Zitao’s arm as he tried to persuade the latter.

 

            “Andwae! What if Fanfan found out about this? He’s going to say that I’m cheating on him. Oh NOOOO! I don’t want to break up with him! I love Moon Yifan!” Zitao frantically exclaimed and Himchan had to hug his friend to stop him from flailing his arms wildly which would definitely garnered other’s attention… and probably Yongguk’s if he was nearby. Oh, no. He was not going to let Yongguk know his real identity.

 

            “Aish, shut it diva!”

 

            “Don’t diva me when I’m going to break—”

 

            “I don’t ask you to really date Yongguk, you pabo. I just ask to pretend, P.R.E.T.E.N.D. and you don’t have to break up with Yifan. I’m just asking this for today. And he would never find this out if you didn’t tell him!” Himchan had to practically scream in order to bring his friend back to normal. Zitao froze when the words slowly absorbed in his head and he huffed in annoyance.

 

            “Yah! You should handle this yourself. You’re already 20 years old and by now, you should have a boyfriend.”

 

            “Pfft, I don’t find that as a problem, Tao.” Himchan rolled his eyes as he released his hold around his friend.

 

            “Oh, pleas—”

 

            “Hwang Zitao my lovely friend… can you please… help me?”  Himchan immediately cut his friend off before he started his speech. Himchan quickly made his puppy eyes and Zitao was trying hard to not strangle his friend to death.

 

            “O—kay…” Zitao reluctantly agreed to Himchan’s plan and the latter instantly threw himself at him.

 

            “Thank you so very much. I’m going to hide somewhere… so, god luck!” and Himchan was gone in a flash of light. Zitao looked around before he found an empty bench to sit on. He silently tried to remember the details of how this Yongguk guy would be wearing today as mentioned by Himchan early this morning.

 

            Himchan found a quite good spot whereby he could hide himself as well as observed how the first meeting would be. He squatted down behind some big trees nearby and mentally scolded Zitao for finding a very wrong bench to sit on. Himchan had to peek behind a dustbin next to the tree because that was the only spot that was not very exposed and had a perfect view to watch Zitao and Yongguk later. If he were to peek behind the tree, he was afraid that people who saw him might judge him for being a creepy stalker of Zitao. What he did not think was the fact that people would judge him when they saw him in that weird pose… a pose as if he was sniffing and adoring the dustbin. Tsk, Himchan.

 

            After what seemed like forever, Himchan finally saw someone who was slowly approaching Zitao. His back was facing Himchan and the latter had to crane his neck in attempt to have a better look at Yongguk. He could not help but feel impressed at how tall this Yongguk was, even taller than Zitao who he thought was tall enough as an Asian. His view was suddenly blocked by a lovely couple who decided to stand in front of the dustbin. He looked up only to get annoyed when the two lovebirds were playfully passing a pack of snack. He cleared his throat before he startled the couple with his raspy voice.

 

            “Excuse me…” and due to the shocking greeting, the boyfriend accidentally lost his hold onto the pack causing it to crush on the ground with its content scattered everywhere.

 

            “Gamjagiya…” The boyfriend put his hands on his hip as he glared at Himchan who startled him.

 

            “Oppa… he’s so scary.” The girlfriend, who was clinging to his boyfriend’s arm, whined while pointing her index finger toward Himchan who gave her an annoyed look.

 

            “Let’s get you away from this weirdo…” and the boyfriend quickly took a hold of his girlfriend’s wrist before they walked away rather quickly, leaving Himchan who had his jaw dropped.

 

            “Who did you just call weirdo, huh? Hey, wait! At least clean up this mess you made before you go. Yah!” Himchan whispered out loud through his gritted teeth. As he watched the couple who did not even bother to look back at him, he started to throw his grumbles for he thought he had to clean the place up.

 

            “Seriously, you guys… How could you not appreciate the nature? It’s a simple task to clean this mess, yet you guys just go and leave it contaminate this beautiful place. It’s no nice, people…” Himchan talked to himself as he started to pick up the trash.

 

            “Can’t they see there’s even a sign saying ‘Do not litter’, and they still—wait, they didn’t litter on purpose… I was the one… urgh, still. They should have their conscience about nature and earth.” Himchan continued to talk, unaware of a pair of eyes who was observing him since then.

 

            The guy finally decided to make his appearance in front of Himchan. He found the latter was quite amusing yet captivating for he cared about the cleanliness and nature. He heard everything that was slipping out from Himchan’s mouth and his cute antics unconsciously brought a smile on his face. Though he did not really know this beautiful man, he could already feel that his future with the latter would be filled with happiness and love. When he was asked by his parents to go meet his wife-to-be yesterday, he could not help but wonder what kind of person he was. Was he beautiful? Was his heart even beautiful? Well, his unanswered questions were answered today. He crouched down next to Himchan as he too, started to help the latter.

 

            “Oh my, thank you so much. You’re very kind to help me…” Himchan said his gratitude but he did not even bother to look up to see the person.

 

            “No big deal. I always thought a person who picks up trash is quite charming. But I don’t expect to find him this breathtakingly stunning.” Himchan abruptly stopped what he was doing. It was not because of the greasy pick-up lines but he certainly stopped because of the very deep, gruff voice of the other. He did not know what was wrong with him but one thing for sure… he liked how the voice rang through his ears and did some weird flips in his stomach.

 

            Himchan slowly turned his head to look at the other who also mirrored his action. They stared into each other’s eyes, drowned in the sound of their own loudest heartbeats that hammered hard against the cage of their ribs for the first time. A warm smile was plastered on the guy’s face and Himchan swore he felt his heart skipped a beat. Blood rushed to his cheeks and he quickly looked away. This beautiful sight was what made the other guy started to forget on how to breathe normally. He cleared his throat before he spoke.

 

            “So, Kim Himchan…” and the said person was going to reply him if he was not quick enough to catch something that seemed off.

 

          “W-Wait. How do you know my name?” Curiosity was written all over his face and the other gave him his charming gummy smile before his deep baritone voice greeted Himchan’s ears again. Oh god, that smile is killing me…

 

            “Because I know my future wife’s name…” Himchan’s eyes widened when he heard it and he could not utter any word for the other decided to continue speaking.

 

            “I’m sorry for not introducing myself before. I’m Jung Yongguk.”

 

            Himchan gasped loudly and unconsciously let go of the snack pack he was holding, spilling its content on the ground for the second time. It turned out that his plan was a complete fail as Yongguk already knew how he looked like because the latter requested a photograph of Himchan when he was asked to meet his future wife. Himchan mentally knocked his head a couple of times for not having any thoughts of asking his parents about Yongguk’s photo and embarrassed himself in front of his own future husband. So much of wanting to hide his real identity and observe his husband-to-be from afar…

 

            The person who approached Zitao turned out to be his one-week-boyfriend, Yifan – who was also the best friend of Yongguk. Himchan did not know how many times he face palmed himself out of embarrassment that day due to his failed plan. Yongguk and Yifan were already there when Himchan and Zitao arrived at the park, and they even heard their clumsy conversation and play pretend plan. That was why Yongguk decided to send Yifan to Zitao while he silently watched Himchan who hid himself behind the dustbin.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

            He turned his body to the right. Then, he would turn his body to the left. He did it a few times before he decided to abruptly get up from lying on the bed. He let out a heavy sigh and massaged his temple. Luhan blankly stared at nothing particular in the room. It was already two in the morning yet he could not bring himself to sleep. There was something bothering his mind and he did not know what to do.

 

            Himchan and Zitao had convinced him to at least go meet this Minseok guy, hoping that their meeting would turn out to be like Luhan’s parents’ first meeting. Luhan reluctantly agreed to his mother’s plan for he knew he would never experience like how his father felt when he first met his mother. His heart was already now beating for only one person, and pathetically, that person was the one he could not get forever.

 

            Luhan sighed for the umpteenth times. He decided to occupy his mind with the time he spent with Jongup a week ago. He was happy as he was able to go watch a movie with the latter and had a great supper before he sent Jongup home. Though they just spent time together less than four hours, Luhan did not mind for he thought it was one of his precious moments with Jongup and he would not ever forget about it.

 

            Something clicked suddenly on his mind and he quickly reached for his phone on the nightstand. His thumb danced across the keypad screen rather too quickly, pressing the appropriate letters to form some words. He scanned the text message he just typed in before he pressed the ‘send’ button. Luhan let out a sigh, but this time it was filled with relief. He finally could breathe calmly after he found a solution to his issue. Okay, let’s see what he’ll reply me tomorrow…

 

            “Hope he’ll come to me…”

 

 

 

            “Jung Luhan-ssi?” Luhan who was browsing through a website on his phone looked up upon hearing his name was called by an unfamiliar voice. Standing in front of him was someone who was quite short, but looking cute with that prominent chubby cheeks and gummy smile.

 

            “Yes, I am. And you’re… Kim Minseok-ssi?”

 

            “Yes, that’s me.”

 

            Luhan immediately stood up and gestured for Minseok to take the available seat at the table. Minseok thanked him before he took off his winter coat and slid himself on one of the seats across from Luhan. He apologized for coming late and Luhan just shrugged it off saying that he just arrived there too. The latter called for a waiter to take their orders, and once it was done and that the waiter left the table to make their orders, they looked at each other before exchanging an awkward smile.

 

            “So, you’re currently studying medicine in Kyung Hee University, am I right?” Minseok initiated a conversation for he wanted to at least change the awkward atmosphere that was accompanying them since then. Luhan nodded his head before he spoke.

 

            “Yeah… and I heard you’re studying education in Seoul National University, right?” Minseok beamed before he nodded his head.

 

            Silence engulfed around them for they did not really know what to talk about. Once in a while, they would throw random questions and the other would simply answer them. When their orders came, they silently dug into their food without even sparing a glance at the other. They seemed to be more interested in the food rather than looking at each other’s handsome face. Luhan internally sighed as he stealthily looked at his phone screen under the table. They had been there for 30 minutes already, yet they were still awkward around each other.

 

            On the other hand, Jongup gleefully made his way to his favorite coffee shop after his class ended. It had been a while since the last time he went to this place and he started to miss how his favorite molten chocolate lava cake melted so heavenly in his mouth. Though it was a simple plain cake, Jongup found it tasted super delicious and he thought the coffee shop offered the best molten chocolate lava cake in Seoul and he could not stop his addiction to it. He silently thanked Luhan for inviting him to have lunch with the former there.

 

            As he entered the coffee shop, he was welcomed by the workers and he returned their bow respectfully. Jongup’s eyes roamed around the coffee shop to find an empty table or any familiar face in the spacious dining area, for this time’s case, Luhan’s face. He walked further into the room and his steps slowly came to a halt for he finally found Luhan. But second later, his eyebrows furrowed when he noticed that Luhan was not alone and that he was having a company, a cute one he may add.

 

            “I thought he said he wanted to have lunch with me only… or was it me that read his message wrongly?” Jongup mumbled to himself as he fished his phone out of his pocket. He opened the text message that he received from Luhan at two in the morning and read it again.

 

            Uppie~ I’ve been missing you. How about you and I have our lunch at our favorite coffee shop tomorrow? Reply me once you wake up, ‘kay? G’nite. =)

 

            Jongup pouted cutely once he read the message. He contemplated whether to just turn around and walk away from Luhan or to stand in front of Luhan and his company and announce his arrival. He decided to choose the first option as he did not want to disturb Luhan for the latter was probably discussing something personal with his company. He was about to walk away when he felt his phone vibrated in his hand.

 

             Jonguppie! Where are you?? You’re late. =(

 

            Jongup’s brow creased upon reading the text message. He alternately looked at Luhan and the message for a few times. If he did not notice that Luhan was hanging his head low and was looking at his phone under the table, Jongup would probably think his eyes were deceiving him and that the person who he saw before his eyes was someone else who looked like Luhan. He sighed before he slowly made his way to Luhan’s table. I am not interrupting them or something, am I not?

 

            “H-Hannie…”

 

            Luhan who had been blankly staring at his phone screen, jolted from his trance and whipped his head to look at the person who just called him. Happy smile was immediately plastered on his handsome face and he did not think twice to jump out of his seat and unexpectedly enveloped Jongup into his warm embrace. He could feel someone was looking at them wide-eyed behind his back but he could care less about it.

 

            “BABY! You’re finally here.” Said Luhan. He deliberately raised his voice when he called Jongup ‘baby’ and failed to know that he successfully made Jongup whose head was against his chest to widen his eyes in surprise and confusion.

 

            “Yah, what are you doing?” Jongup whispered in a very low tone, and just the two of them could hear it. He tried to pull away from the hug but Luhan tightened it just to reply him, in a whisper too.

 

            “Help me.” Luhan said before he released Jongup from his embrace. The latter confusedly blinked his eyes when Luhan turned his body and casually put his hand on Jongup’s waist before he pulled the shorter closer to his body. Jongup gave a questioning look at Luhan when the latter turned to look at him but what he got in response was only a smile. What is happening now?

 

            “Minseok-ssi…”

 

            “…Yes?” Luhan averted his gaze from looking adoringly at Jongup to Minseok who was wearing a questioning look too.

 

            “Meet the person who I love from the very bottom of my heart… Moon Jongup, my boyfriend.” Luhan smoothly introduced Jongup and failed to notice how shocked the latter was when he heard it. Jongup was about to say something but instantly stopped when he felt Luhan’s hold at his waist tightened.  

 

            “Y-Your boyfriend?”  

 

 

14th April 2014

11:15pm

Monday

 

 

...Brace Yourself... :)

My friend asked me to write something about the mothers because they do not really appear much in the story. So, I took a lot of time to think of any scene that suits the mothers better. Then, this idea clicked on my mind and I just simply wrote it. Oh oh, as requested by onewdub , there's a slight!Banghim's interaction here, so I hope you'd like it. :) and dear lovely readers, if you found this chapter a bit boring, I'm so sorry, I'll work harder for the next update. Huhu. and... perhaps some of you guys are probably expecting to have the continuation of the previous chapter *cough* scene of DaeJae *cough* I'm sorry I've to let you down. I'm not going to write one anytime soon but perhaps later. What pairing? No revelation atm. :) There'll be scene of the fathers or the parents but I can't guarantee when it will be. Okay, that's all for now. Let's get back to the chapter :D Luhan is asked to go to a blind date and Jongup is introduced as Luhan's boyfriend, would you like to guess what will happen next? :)

 

http://static.tumblr.com/s9fyyhc/dI3mcmrcf/tumblr_mcllzersbb1qjg008o1_500.jpg

Uppieee looks so beautiful here. :D

 

http://kpopencyclopedia.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/exom_luhan.jpeg

Luhan... uh, I'm uh, I'm actually having problem at finding the suitable photos of him... so yeah, I think this will do. :)

 

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2014/003/6/a/exo_m_xiumin_png_requested_by__jaira_rapha_tanque_by_yoonyulhyo-d70m48n.png

Minseok a.k.a. Xiumin. He's looking cute here so I simply grabbed this photo =)

 

cr: Google Images