Chapter 7

The Parting Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Uhmmm, I really wanted to ask you something but I never have the courage to ask you this but can you just hear it first?” Seunghyun said without breaking eye contact with me. Its been weeks since we have known each other and now it feels like I can finally open up to someone. He usually will wait for me to finish my shift at the convenience store everyday and then accompany me back to my apartment. Even if I said that its okay and that he doesn’t have to keep doing it but he just brush it off and said he wanted to do it because he will regret if anything bad happens to me. So, I become accustomed to be with him during the work and we will talk most of the time about nothing.

Today is the same routine as always as Seunghyun walks me home from the store and we are having small talks with each other when he suddenly asked me that question. It makes me curious and suddenly anxious to know but I always know that this day will come. “Okay, what do you want to ask me?” I gave him a little nod so he can continue with the question. “Its just that when we first met, I can’t help but to see that scars that were on your arms. And then when that accident happen at the river, it really got me thinking and worrying about you. So, will you explain to me what exactly is going around with you?” he asked without hesitating.  I knew its been in his head for awhile now but I don’t want to ask him since it will lead to me open up about my pain.

But after knowing him for awhile, I think he is a sincere man and I don’t think it will be any harm to tell him. So, I did and after telling him all that is in my head, I tilted my head to look what actually his reaction. But I am surprise to suddenly being enveloped in a bone crushing hug. I stood there not knowing what to do so I just waited for him to let go. “I’m so sorry to hear about all the pain that you have been all this time. And I know that it is not my place to say this but I hope you can lean on me now” he whispered to me. The feeling that I’m feeling right now cannot be explains in words. Because it is so overwhelming to hear this after so long. I can’t help but to shed tears hearing this coming from a person that I never thought will do this.

“What are you saying, Seunghyun? This is not like you. Please just act like before okay... Its fine and I am fine... so you don’t have to say all this” but I was sudde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter