Chapter 14

When We Say

Woohyun took longer than you expected but he was finally ready and now you two were on your way to a party.
You realized the snow had stopped before getting into a taxi. “So where are we going?”
“You’ll see,” Woohyun said coyly. You knew Woohyun was up to something but you didn’t think much of it as you let your mind wander to somewhere, or rather, someone else.

“We’re here!” Woohyun excitedly said as he held out a hand to help you out of the car. You looked up to see a beautiful high-rise building in front of you. “Is this one of your model parties?” you asked.
“Maybe… Basically everyone who is or will be someone is going to be here. So have fun, you never know who you’ll meet.”
Once you and Woohyun entered the building, the both of you were greeted and led to a private elevator.
The elevator took you two to the last floor of the high-rise and opened to large, beautifully decorated foyer where many people had already gathered. “Woohyun!” You heard many voices greet him. “And who is this beautiful lady you brought with you?” You looked away from the man speaking like you always did when you started to blush. Your eyes continued to roam the room as Woohyun spoke to whoever was around. You stopped looking when someone caught your eye.

-------------------

Sunggyu looked over to where he heard Woohyun’s name being called, surprised that he was here. The girl next to Woohyun looked away from the man in front of Woohyun blushing, making Sunggyu realize it was you. You had taken off your blazer to reveal your dress that hugged your body in all the right ways. Sunggyu took in your figure and his alcohol-influenced imagination took him somewhere else.

“Oh someone’s happy!” the girl from the show said, sitting onto his lap.
“Shut up, Soya,” Sunggyu said looking away from you, you who had moved your gaze somewhere else, hoping Soya wouldn’t realize he was looking at you.
“I can fix that,” she said, her voice full of lust.
“No, you can’t.”
“And why not? Is it because I’m not her?”
“That’s exactly it.”

“Well let me make one thing clear, Sunggyu,” Soya whispered into his ear. “Whoever she is, she can’t control you like I can. I know I refuse help from my father sometimes but it doesn’t mean that I don’t have any influence over him. I mean, I wonder who suggested him to pay very close attention to your performance tonight.” She let her words sink in before continuing, “When I know what I want, I also know how to get it.” Sunggyu sighed and hung his head in shame. He knew what he would have to do so that you and him would be happy in the future, “Where can we go?” Soya smiled and grabbed his hand to lead him to a bedroom down the hall.

-------------------

You turned away when Soya sat on Sunggyu’s lap, not able to hide the jealousy you felt. You noticed his cheeks were red, something that always happened to Sunggyu when he drank alcohol. You couldn’t help but to think of the phrase “drunken words are sober thoughts.” But does that apply to drunken actions? you wondered. “You looking for something …or someone?” Woohyun asked. Damn it, he must’ve known Sunggyu would be here, you thought. “Yeah,” you replied. Woohyun’s eyebrows raised in anticipation. “Where’s the bar?” Woohyun sighed, “Oh. It’s over there.” He looked around hoping to find Sunggyu so that you could see him, but Sunggyu was no where in sight.

You were never much of a party girl nor did you drink when you had problems, but you figured that tonight would be the exception. Other people do it to forget, so why can’t I? The moment with Sunggyu and Soya replayed in your mind as you took your fourth shot, your stomach empty of food but filling with alcohol, and then you were gone.

You woke up with a gnarly headache in a room you didn’t recognize at first. You looked around for any indication to tell you where you were. You scoffed when your you saw a large framed picture of Woohyun from a photoshoot where he revealed his abs. “Woohyun would,” you said aloud. “I would what?” Woohyun asked as he walked into his bedroom.“Nothing…” you mused. “So what happened last night? I only remember bits and pieces.”
“Thought you would never ask,” Woohyun laughed as he handed you a pain killer and water knowing that you would be hurting after last night. “Where should I start?”

“Start from after I took my last shot.”
“The last shot you remember taking or the last shot you tried to take but I had to forcefully take from your hand?”
“Uh…. How about after …my fourth shot, was it?”
“Okay, well, a few minutes after that shot you tried to take another one but I realized that you had enough and tried to take it away from you. You fought back but using my manly strength,” you laughed as Woohyun flexed his arms to emphasize his point. “I got it out of your hand. You then proceeded to become angry and called Dongwoo but then you claimed it was too loud where you were so you asked where the bathroom was and headed towards there. I don’t know what happened from then on until someone tried to use the bathroom and found you passed out while hugging the toilet. And then I brought you back here of course.”

“Oh…” You thought hard to try to remember what happened during the time that Woohyun didn’t know. You remembered walking down the hall and seeing only two doors, one that was open which lead to the bathroom and the other one closed. You remembered Sunggyu and Soya heading that way when you first arrived to the party and you remembered putting something on the doorknob… but what? You hand went up to your chest to search for your necklace that Sunggyu gave you. “Woohyun, do you remember me wearing a necklace that had an infinity sign on it?”

“I remember you wearing a necklace but you weren’t wearing one when you left the bathroom.”
You put the pieces in your head together. Maybe it was for the better, you thought. “Oh okay. Well thanks, Woohyun. I’m going to call Dongwoo to find out what stupid things I said to him,” you laughed while searching for your phone as Woohyun left the room.

“Good morning, baby.” Dongwoo said sleepily as he picked up his phone.
“Sorry! I forgot about the time difference. Did I wake you?”
“It’s okay. I was kind of expecting your call after last night.”
“I’m sorry about that,” you giggled.
“It’s okay. I’m glad I’m the person you call when you drunk dial,” Dongwoo laughed.
“So what exactly did I say to you last night?”
“Well—“
“Dongwoo! Wake up! We’re going to the hospital to go pick up your grandma!” you heard Dongwoo’s mom yell from outside his room.
"I'm sure you heard that, I'm sure the neighbors could hear that," he chuckled. I’ll call you later if I can. If not, you’ll just have to wait until you come back~” Dongwoo teased.
“Fine,” You sighed.
“Don’t be upset, it was nothing bad,” Dongwoo reassured you. “Anyway, it was nice hearing your sober voice again even though it’s only been a few days. I miss you.”
“I miss hearing your voice too. Bye… I love you.”
You expected a pause from Dongwoo after hearing your words. You never said those to words to him before and wondered if he would be surprised to hear them now. But there was no pause.
“I love you too,” Dongwoo said smiling into the phone and hung up. Though he was happy that you finally said it to him, it was bittersweet. Dongwoo knew something must have happened between you and Sunggyu for you to be able to say that to him. 

 

 


Oh ho ho ho. Okay, so I think it might be fun to write a for the implied scene between Sunggyu and Soya. Idk, don't judge me ok lol.
But I planned on this fic not being rated so I'm just going to post it as a oneshot seperately. I'll post a link for it when I'm done.
Hope you guys enjoy this update! c: