Chapter 11

When We Say

Three days of constant nagging passed until your parents gave you the go-ahead. Another two days full of preparing and last minute Christmas shopping went by and now you were ready to leave.

Everyone, with the exception of Woohyun, who was somewhere only god seemed to know, was at the airport to see you off as they had insisted.  They assumed you would meet up with Sunggyu and told you things they wanted you to relay to him.
“Don’t talk to strangers!! Even if they do offer you lemon candy!”
“I’m not you, Sungjong…” Laughter filled the air as you gave Sungjong a hug first then proceeded to the others. You saved Dongwoo for last knowing that he's the one you were most hesitant to let go of. “I’m sorry I won’t be spending Christmas with you this year,” you said truthfully, looking into Dongwoo’s eyes that couldn’t hide his sadness. “It’s okay, you’ll be back soon and we’ll spend the rest of the holidays together. I mean, we still have New Year’s,” he said with a genuine smile on his face despite the contradicting look in his eyes. Dongwoo pulled you into a deep kiss before letting you go and sending you off for the time being.

-------------------

It was early afternoon when you arrived in the city and found the hotel you had booked yourself into. Your stomach started growling while you were checking in. “Uhm, excuse me. Are there any small eateries around here?” you asked the man working the front desk.
“There are plenty of restaurants and delis along the avenue that we are located on. But I suggest you go now since they will be closing early on account of it being Christmas Eve.”
“Oh okay, I’ll go as soon as I bring my things up. Thank you.”
“No problem, Miss. I hope you enjoy your stay here.” The kind man said, handing you your room key. You headed to your room to bring your things up to find the room nicer than you expected. A sense of accomplishment filled you, knowing you had booked and paid for everything yourself. The trip seemed to start well and you could only hope that it would get better.
You found a cute café within walking distance of your hotel and had eaten enough to last you through the night. Sunggyu’s talent show was tonight and you couldn’t help but to smile to yourself as you finished up your food, thinking of how excited you were to see him and wondering how the rest of the night would unfold.

You arrived early to the venue, finding out from Sunggyu without making it obvious you were going to visit him, that a limited amount of tickets were for sale to the general public. You were surprised to have been able to get a ticket, taking note of the large amount of people that were there. But you were only able to get one because Sunggyu had actually saved one for you even though he was unsure of your arrival.  Sunggyu’s friend was working at the box office and Sunggyu made sure to tell him that this ticket was for you and that he didn’t want you to find out he had saved one for you. You walked up to the window where Sunggyu’s friend was behind and, thanks to Sunggyu constantly showing him a picture of you, he instantly knew who you were. “I.D. please,” he said nonchalantly hiding the fact that he was excited for you to be there because he knew how much this would mean to Sunggyu.
“Why do you need my I.D.?” you asked as you tried to recall if the people in front of you had to present their I.D.s also. “Security reasons. There are plenty of very important people here and their security needs to know who is in the same building as them just in case anything happens.”
“Oh okay.” The reason seemed legitimate enough and you handed him your driver’s license, unaware that it was just a lie. “How much is the ticket?”
“It’s free.”
“What?! Why??”
“You seem like someone special.”
“Uh… Well thanks.” You said with a smile that was only half-hearted because you were a little uncomfortable wondering if he was trying to make a move on you or not but regardless, you had just gotten a free ticket in.

-------------------

Sunggyu’s phone vibrated while he was in the dressing room getting ready for the show. “She’s here!”
Sunggyu couldn’t hide his happiness as he quietly celebrated by himself, jumping up and down with a big smile on his face.