Love Someone

Box of Chocolates

Love is a funny thing
Whenever I give it, it comes back to me

“Tiff~” Jessica softly cooed against her lover’s ear.

“Yes?”

“Look at me.”

“In a minute, Jessi. I’m watching this.” Tiffany mindlessly replied, pointing a finger to the television.

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows, not liking Tiffany’s reply. She deserved every ounce of Tiffany’s attention than the stupid program her girlfriend is currently watching.

“I said look at me.” Jessica roughly cupped Tiffany’s face, turning it to her direction and successfully making the other girl look at nothing but her.

“Fine. What is it?”

“Nothing. I love you, baby.” Jessica playfully grinned after pressing a peck against Tiffany’s lips.

It was now the younger girl’s turn to furrow her eyebrows and narrow her eyes at Jessica.

“You want something, do you?”

“What? No! Why would you think that?” Jessica honestly just wants attention, like the attention seeker she is when it comes to her girlfriend.

“You’re being overly cheesy.”

“Can’t I be overly cheesy sometimes?”

“I’d rather you keep it to a minimum, Jessi.” Tiffany heartily laughed which caused Jessica to pout.

“You know what, I do want something.” Jessica then learned forward and tilted her head to place against Tiffany’s ear for the second time, “I want your love.”

Tiffany sharply pushed Jessica away from her and scrunched up her face despite the blush that is now adorning her face. She tried to hide it by turning her head back to the television.

“Stop that.”

Give love, sarangeul jom juseyo~ Give love, sarangi mo—” Jessica was cut off from singing and found herself tackled down. She’s now lying on her back against the couch. She felt her breath knocked right out of her when Tiffany hovered above her and leaned in for a fervent kiss. The younger girl forcefully pushed her tongue inside Jessica’s mouth, making Jessica moan in pleasure while trying to keep up with Tiffany’s aggressive kisses.

Their heated session continued for a few minutes before Tiffany hastily pulled away and stood up.

“There. You got your love.” Tiffany said. She made a beeline to their bedroom, leaving a still dazed Jessica.

The older girl blinked for a few times before it got into her that Tiffany was no longer assaulting her lips. She bolted up to a sitting position.

“Wait, that’s it? Yah, Tiffany! I want more love!”

---                                                       

Ain't it nice tonight we've got each other
And I am right beside you more than just a partner or a lover
I'm your friend

Jessica made her way to their apartment and was surprised to see light seeping through the little gap in between their door and the floor. She didn’t expect Tiffany to be home earlier than her since the younger girl is supposed to be at work for another two hours.

“Tiff?” Hearing no response, Jessica headed to their bedroom where she saw a lump underneath the blanket, “Tiffany?”

“Jessi?” Tiffany weakly called, not bothering to lift her head up from the blanket.

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows at her girlfriend’s hoarse voice.

“Are you sick? Do you have a fever?” She scurried to the bed and placed her palm on Tiffany’s forehead.

“No. I’m just not feeling well because of my cold.” Tiffany tried to sit up but failed when she suddenly felt the need t o sneeze. She fell back down to her back. Jessica sat on the bed, across from Tiffany. All the while softly laughing at the scene.

“Don’t laugh at me.” Tiffany managed to glare at Jessica despite her condition.

“I’m sorry, baby. Here, I’ll help you sit. How long have you been home?”

“Three hours. Hyoyeon kicked me out of the office because I sneeze every ten seconds.” Tiffany explained, sneezing in between.

“Poor baby. You should’ve called me so I can come home earlier.”

“I don’t want to disturb you.”

Pabo.” Jessica hissed and moved herself beside Tiffany, engulfing the latter in a tight hug and a kiss on the forehead, “When did you even got a cold? You were fine earlier.”

Tiffany responded with a sneeze, making Jessica giggle.

“I’m going to make something to eat. Wait here.”

-

Jessica returned with a bowl of porridge and a spoon. Tiffany was about to reach for the bowl but Jessica moved it backwards.

“No. I’m going to feed you. No buts.”

“Fine.”

Jessica settled beside Tiffany and began to feed the latter.

“Is it good?”

“I can’t taste a thing, Jessica.” Tiffany narrowed her eyes at her girlfriend.

“I know, I know. Geez, I was just kidding.” Jessica grinned. She grabbed a spoonful of the porridge and put it on .

“Yah! What are you doing?”

“I’m eating. I’m hungry too, you know.” Jessica said as if it’s the most obvious thing in the world.

“Then eat from your own bowl and use a different spoon. You’ll catch a cold too!”

“I’m not going to catch a cold, okay? Now eat.”

The both of them emptied the bowl not long after.

“Are you sleepy?” Jessica asked, getting the glass of water back after letting Tiffany drink her medicine.

The younger girl nodded, coupled with a yawn and a sneeze.

“You go and sleep. I’ll go wash the dishes.” Jessica was about to turn around when a hand caught her wrist.

“Don’t go.  Lie here.”

“I can’t really say ‘no’, can I?” Putting back down the dishes onto the nightstand, Jessica then tucked herself and Tiffany underneath the blanket. Tiffany nuzzled on Jessica, wrapping her arms on the latter’s waist.

“Good night, Jessi.”

“You know, your raspy voice sounds so y—”

“Shut up.”

“Okay, good night, baby.”

--

Tiffany woke up the next day and the first thing she did was to let out a sneeze. Her sneeze must have been a loud one because she can feel Jessica stirring from her slumber. It was not long before the older girl woke up.

“Good mor—Achoo!” Jessica’s eyes widened. Tiffany’s laughter soon resonated inside the room.

“Good morning, Jessi. Told you you’re going to catch a cold too.”

Jessica groaned, “Whatever, let’s just stay here and be sick together.”

---

When you love someone, your heartbeat beats so loud
When you love someone, your feet can't feel the ground
Shining stars all seem to congregate around your face
When you love someone, it comes back to you

Jessica puffed an irritated sigh as she tries to find her way out of what it seemed to her like an endless mass of people. She craned her neck upwards but the only thing her eyes could see are the moving heads of the people around her.

Giving up, she stopped walking and fished her phone out from her pocket and dialed Tiffany’s number. She let out a silent curse when the younger girl’s phone was out of reach.

Just when she was about to continue to walk aimlessly through the crowd, her eyes suddenly caught a glimpse of a familiar figure.

“Tiffany!” Jessica gently pushed every person out of her way and went straight to her girlfriend, who’s doing the exact same thing she did moments before.

 “Tiff!”

“Jessi! I thought I’d never find you! My battery died so I can’t call you.” Tiffany immediately leaped into Jessica’s arms and sheepishly nuzzled her face on Jessica’s neck.

“Mind telling me why we’re here?”  Jessica asked. Tiffany sent her a text earlier, telling Jessica to meet with her at a certain place. Turns out there’s a festival going on, explains why there’s a bunch of people everywhere she looks.

“You’ll see it in a minute.” Tiffany pulled out of the embrace, grinning widely at Jessica.

“Can we at least move to a spot with less people?”

“Nope. No Time.”

“What do you mean –” Jessica was interrupted by a whizzing sound followed by loud explosions. Both of their head turned upward, seeing the vast darkness of the sky being illuminated by gigantic streaks of light in different colors and patterns.

“Look! It’s starting!”

“Fireworks?”

“Yeah, I heard they’re having fireworks display tonight for the festival. You love fireworks right, Jessi?” Tiffany excitedly said, her eyes never leaving the continuous explosion of colors in the sky.

Jessica however, can’t seem to tear her gaze away from Tiffany. She loved the way the colorful lights reflect on the younger girl’s smiling face. The way Tiffany’s eyes shine much, much brighter than any firework. The way her heartbeat beats louder than any explosion just from the sight of her girlfriend.

She gently circled her arms on Tiffany’s waist and pulled the girl closer.

“I love you more than fireworks, though.” Jessica whispered. She was not expecting Tiffany to hear it until the latter jerked her head to look at Jessica.

“That was totally uncalled for, Jessi!”

“What? It’s the truth.”

“Still.” Tiffany hung her head low.

“You’re blushing, aren’t you?”

“Of course not! W-what are you doing?”

“I’m going to kiss you.” Jessica tried to lean in for a kiss but her lips met Tiffany’s palm instead.

“Are you crazy? We’re in public!”

“They’re not going to notice. They’re too busy looking at the fireworks. See?”

They both ran their eyes through the crowd and true enough, everyone’s gaze are still focused on the display above.

“Yeah, but—” Soft lips pressed against Tiffany’s and she can do nothing but sigh in surrender. Her hands eventually made its way to Jessica’s neck, completely ignoring the oblivious crowd around them.

---

 

a/n: Sorry if it's not an update to Thinking Out Loud >__< please bear with this plotless shot lol (the scenes don't even fit the lyrics... oh well) I just wrote this to get my head out of school works and deadlines for a while /sigh/ i hope you guys like it though >.<

i was watching J&K when i heard the song (Love Someone - Jason Mraz) and i loved it~

thank you for reading, have a great day everyone~!