If A Song Could Get Me You

Box of Chocolates

so here it is, here it goes, I could try rock n' roll

change your life forever too

if a song could get me you

I could make it high or low, sing it on the radio

if that is what I need to do

if a song could get me you

-

Jessica walks briskly in attempt of catching up with her girlfriend who had been ignoring her since yesterday.

 

She could run and reach Tiffany in no time but she's too exhausted that if she increases her pace just a little more, then her body will be hugging the pavement right away.

 

"Tiffany wait!" Jessica shouted, but it only resulted Tiffany to walk even faster. She grunted and stopped walking.

 

"TIFFANY HWANG!!" Jessica screamed at the top of her lungs, it seems effective though. Tiffany halted and slowly turned her heels to face her.

 

"What?" Came the cold reply. Jessica gulped but hurriedly walked, decreasing their distance to a merely two feet.

 

"Good morning." Jessica greeted with a crooked grin.

 

Tiffany said nothing but started to continuously tap her right foot and raised an eyebrow at Jessica.

 

"Look, I'm sorry. Can we please talk?" Jessica pleaded.

 

"I don't want to talk." With that Tiffany turned around and resumed walking.

 

"But Tiff-" Jessica hastily grabbed Tiffany's wrist but immediately loosened her grip when she saw Tiffany's glare piercing through her like daggers.

 

Jessica can only sigh as she watched Tiffany's retreating back. She just has to find another opportunity to talk to the girl.

 

---

 

"Will you please shut up and leave the damn piano alone?!" Yuri snapped.

 

Jessica had been wailing about her love life while occasionally pressing random keys on the piano, Yuri tried to be understanding and was patiently listening to Jessica, but after half an hour Yuri just had enough.

 

"Then tell her to talk to me!" Jessica violently slammed her hands on to the keys of the piano, creating a loud and ear-piercing sound.

 

Yuri quickly placed a finger in both of her ears in hopes that her eardrums won't be damaged.

 

"It's not my freakin' fault you overslept and missed the concert!" Yuri retorted.

 

Jessica let out a frustrated sigh and plopped her head on top of the piano.

 

"I thought you stopped taking late-night gigs?" Yuri asked. Jessica may be a sleepyhead but she never let her sleep get in the way of her quality time with Tiffany, unless something had been keeping her  up and Yuri knows very well of Jessica's sideline gigs –singing at random restaurants after school– to save money.

 

"Midterms are coming up and it'll be a waste not to accept when money's practically just waiting for me to sing to its way."

 

"And cause you to lack sleep? Gee, you look like a zombie with that big eye bags of yours."

 

"It'll just be for a few nights." Jessica shrugged.

 

"What about Tiffany then?"

 

"I don't know, she doesn't want to talk to me!" Jessica grunted as she remembered her current problem.

 

"You're really a jerk to oversleep though; you know she's excited to watch the concert." Yuri chuckled at the sight of her friend. Jessica can be really grumpy when she doesn't know what to do.

 

"I don't need you to rub it on my face, Yuri." Jessica glared.

 

"Well you can't just mope around! You know what, why don't you just sing to her, since that started this whole thing." Yuri stated matter-of-factly.

 

"Wow. That has got to be the most cliché idea that I’ve heard." Jessica said bluntly.

 

"Do you have any ideas? You know Tiffany's an expert when it comes to ignoring you."

 

"I have! I'll... I'll…"

 

"Right. You don't have any idea."

 

---

 

Jessica found herself climbing up a tree opposite to Tiffany's room with a guitar on her back. Turns out she got no choice but follow Yuri's idea since Tiffany's probably just going to shove her off if she tried to talk to the girl one more time.

 

Jessica huffed as she reached and sat on a branch that is direct opposite of Tiffany's window. She decided to sing one of Tiffany's favorite songs.

 

Jessica grabbed her guitar and let out a deep breath.

 

Soft strumming of guitar is heard and a low and sweet voice echoed through the calmness of the night.

 

She's like cold coffee in the morning

I'm drunk off last night's whiskey and coke

She'll make me shiver without-- AACK!

 

"I'm trying to sleep, you jerk! Get lost!"

 

One minute Jessica was singing her heart out and the next a loud voice startled her that caused her to land on the grassy ground.

 

"Ow! I was trying to serenade you, woman!" Jessica stood up and checked her guitar, good thing it wasn’t broken.

 

"Damn that unappreciative girlfriend." Jessica murmured as she walked, caressing her stinging bottom.

 

---

 

"Her favorite songs are hardly serenading material." Jessica whined.

 

"Who cares? Come on it's almost lunch time. At least you're not going to fall if ever you hear her shout at you again."

 

---

 

Tiffany was enjoying her lunch at the cafeteria when a too familiar voice was heard from the intercom throughout the campus.

 

"Uhm, hello?" Jessica uttered, quite unsure.

 

"Go on!" A faint whisper followed. Tiffany rolled her eyes when she recognized Yuri's voice, thinking it's probably the girl's idea too.

 

Students momentarily stopped what they're doing to listen to the intercom, curious to what they're hearing.

 

"This is for my girl, Tiffany, I'm really, really sorry."

 

There was a shuffling sound in the background before Jessica started playing her guitar and her voice filled the whole campus.

 

It’s been a long time

How have you been?

What have you been doing?

Were you sick at all?

Even when I’m busy and there’s no time to rest

When I think of you sometimes

I wanted to see you

It’s been a long time

 

It was the sweetest, sincerity is heard in every word and every girl would have their stomachs churning, butterflies flying in circles inside of them and hearts swelling with joy. Tiffany felt all of that too, she almost let out a wide smile and run to where Jessica was.

 

 Almost.

 

If not for her friends' loud teasing and the stares of every person in the cafeteria. She banged her head on the table and never dared to lift it up. Now all she's thinking is how embarrassing the situation is.

 

---

 

"So? Did my plan work? Is she talking to you now?"

 

"Does it look like she's talking to me now?" Jessica sarcastically said. It was evident that Yuri's plan failed yet again.

 

"What? That's ridiculous! Where is she now?" Yuri asked in disbelief, it didn't cross her mind that Tiffany would still have the heart to ignore Jessica after what she did earlier.

 

"She still has class going on."

 

"Alright, prepare another song; we're gonna crash that class." Yuri smirked, dragging Jessica to Tiffany's class.

 

"Yuri that's insane! I'm not going to do that!" Jessica tried to pry away from Yuri's grasp but to no avail.

 

"If you want Tiffany to talk to you then you better do this and please Jessica, I'm tired of you whining." Yuri stated, leaving Jessica no choice but to tag along.

 

"Okay here we are, talk to the professor and tell him you’re going to do something."

 

Jessica didn't even get to say anything as Yuri pushed her inside the classroom. She awkwardly walked to the professor, who looked confused at her sudden appearance.

 

"Yes, Miss?" The professor spoke.

 

Jessica leaned closer to the professor and whispers something. The professor leaned back and looked at her incredulously. She was about to take a step backward when the professor spoke again.

 

"Well what are you waiting for? I don't have all day."

 

Jessica slowly turned to her side. All eyes are on her but one. Tiffany was looking down on her notes, not sparing any glance.

 

"Tiffany? Will you listen to me?" Jessica never sounded so vulnerable, until now, Tiffany can't help but look up, ignoring the looks of her classmates; Jessica has all of her attention.

 

Seeing Tiffany look at her, she quietly cleared and voiced her thoughts.

 

Little by little I walk towards you, little by little

Soon I've come close enough to where I can see you--

 

Jessica, for the second time was interrupted, not by a loud voice but with Tiffany's abrupt action. Tiffany rose from her seat and headed for the door.

 

"Tiffany wait!" Jessica wasted no time and followed the girl, leaving everyone in the room, mouths gaping with what just happened.

 

-

 

"Tiff-" Words died on Jessica's mouth when she saw Tiffany standing just outside the room. Her girlfriend wasn't running, she was actually waiting for her to come out.

 

Tiffany walks towards her boyfriend. Jessica had to blink her eyes a couple of times. Is Tiffany smiling at her?

 

"That was embarrassing you know." Tiffany said, a dangerous three-inch distance between their faces.

 

“I know you loved the attention." Jessica snorted and leaned even closer.

 

Tiffany let out a hearty laugh and stepped back, but pulled Jessica in her arms.

 

"So am I forgiven now?"

 

Tiffany giggled, "I forgave you long ago, I just like seeing you frustrated and all."

 

"Yah! That was mean!" Jessica lightly pushed Tiffany, only to pull her again, lips pressing lightly against Tiffany’s.

 

"I'm sorry, really." Jessica said softly, she knows she's forgiven. She just wants to say it again.

 

"Hey I told you it’s fine. I know why you overslept that day."

 

Jessica faced Tiffany, brows furrowed, “You know? How-"

 

"Yuri told me."

 

"Ah."

 

"I still think you're a jerk for missing the concert though."

 

"Hey, I can throw a concert right here right now!"

 

"Oh please." Tiffany rolled her eyes and turned around, but not without reaching her hand out for Jessica to take and intertwine their hands.

--

 

a/n: This has been sitting in my hard drive for a while now XD. The songs are Marit Larsen - If A Song Could Get Me You, Ed Sheeran -  Cold Coffee, Ra.D -  It's Been So Long and Jessica - Because Tears Are Overflowing, a few of my fav songs hehehe~

anyways, thank you for those who subscribed, upvoted, commented and read~ /HUGS EACH OF YOU :D have a nice day~