Break

Box of Chocolates

“Why don’t we just take a break, Jess?” Tiffany tiredly ran her fingers through her hair. She just came home from an exhausting day at work, wanting nothing but to bum her drained body on the bed. Instead she was in for a long talk with her girlfriend, which seems to be a bad idea with her mind floating out of her head.

“Break?” Her girlfriend – Jessica, furrowed her eyebrows at the suggestion. She wasn’t sure if she was hearing Tiffany right.

“Yes. I mean we’re not breaking up, just a little space so we can, I don’t know, take a breather.” Tiffany shrugged. She thinks it’s what they needed at the moment. Jessica has been nagging her about the amount of time she spends in her work that it’s starting to get on her nerves.

“Don’t you mean so you can work you off—”

“Exactly. You know this is a huge project and I cannot fail my dad at this…”

Jessica was left speechless. She feels the anger seep through her veins and quickly turned into an awful pain as it reaches her heart.

“…and all I’m asking is for you to understand even just a little…”

 She scoffed at Tiffany’s words but didn’t say anything. She was nothing but understanding for the past two months. She never said anything every time Tiffany cancels their date because she understands that the girl has to attend meetings. She tried hard not to be hurt every night Tiffany comes home without a word or even a glance and dives right onto the bed because she understands that it has been a tiring day for her girlfriend. Tears welled up in her eyes as it dawned on her that Tiffany all the while thinks the opposite.

“…but you clearly –”

“Huge project, huh?” Jessica hung her head low enough for Tiffany not to see her eyes. She blinked hard to stop the tears from flowing. She cannot cry in front of Tiffany. She wants to at least look like she wants this too.

It was Tiffany’s turn to fall silent when Jessica slowly reached for the door.

“Then I guess what we need is more than just a break.”

--

“Tiffany? Tiffany?”

“Huh?”  Tiffany mindlessly turned her head to the voice.

“I said, how’s the idea? You think it would fit the project?”

Tiffany searched her mind for an answer but found nothing. Instead she found herself thinking about the same person since last night. Her heart twitches and it never fails to make her feel like a big idiot for every minute that passes.  

“Tiffany, you’re spacing out again.”

She was once again pulled from her trance. She shook her head, hoping to clear her mind.

“I’m sorry, Dad. What is it again?”

The man in front of her frowned and gave her a worried look, “Something’s wrong with you, let’s continue this later. Lunch?”

“No, Dad. I’m fine, just a little distracted.”

“Why don’t you just take the day off then?” Mr. Hwang was already clearing up the papers in his table when Tiffany held his wrist.

“No, it’s okay. I know how important this is. We’ll continue after lunch break.”

Mr. Hwang laughed at his daughter, “I’m not taking orders from you, sweetie. This project may be important, but you’re more important. I don’t want you to tire yourself too much for this. I even think I’m seeing you more than Jessica does.”

“Jessica?” Tiffany’s ears perked up at the name.

“Yes. Take the day off and take her out. That girl knows how to deal with you.”

“I miss Jessi.” Tiffany let out a sigh and slumped her body onto her seat.

“Seriously Stephanie, do you want to take the whole weekend off too?” Mr. Hwang asked in confusion amusingly.

“I should go to Jessi.” Standing up from her position, Tiffany for the first time in that day, smiled in relief. She could still fix this. Her heart soars at the thought of seeing Jessica again.

“That’s what I’ve been telling you for the past five minutes!”

“Thanks, Dad. I’m going to go see Jessi.” Tiffany happily skips her way out of her Dad’s office.

--

Tiffany carefully unlocked the door of Jessica’s house with her spare key. She went to Jessica’s office only to find out from her assistant that she didn’t go to work. She mentally kicked herself for she knows she‘s the cause of it.

Letting herself in, Tiffany turned her head to the living room and found Jessica’s sleeping figure on the couch. She quietly walked over to where Jessica is and kneels on the floor, leveling her gaze to Jessica’s face. Tucking a few strands of hair that is sprawled on the sleeping girl’s face, Tiffany can’t help but notice the swollen eyes of Jessica, sending a wave of guilt in her heart.

Tiffany slowly leaned forward and traced Jessica’s face with butterfly kisses. Her lips searched for Jessica’s, pressing them softly. She continued nibbling the girl’s lips until she felt Jessica stir from her slumber. Tiffany connected their foreheads together and smiled as she watched Jessica adorably fluttered her eyes open.

Jessica widened her eyes at the sight of Tiffany so close to her. She weakly pushed the girl away, trying to sit up in the process, “Tiffany? W-what are you doing here?”

Tiffany stayed silent and pushed Jessica back down onto the couch. She climbed up and lied on top of Jessica, trapping the girl in between her legs. She leaned and pressed their lips together. The kiss was light and slow at first but when Tiffany felt Jessica starting to respond, she titled her head and proceeded to kiss Jessica passionately.

“I’m sorry, Jessi.” Tiffany repeatedly said in between kisses. She felt Jessica deepening the kiss as she tightens her grip on Tiffany’s waist.

Both of them involuntarily pulled from the kiss to catch their breath. The tips of their nose touching and eyes focused solely on each other’s.

Still panting, Tiffany decided to break the silence and spoke almost desperately, “Please take me back.”

“Aren’t you supposed to be at work?” Jessica lightly chuckled.

“I know I’m an idiot for working too much and it cost me to lose you to realize that.” Tiffany buried her face in the crook of Jessica’s neck. The older girl hugged Tiffany even tighter and kissed the girl’s temple.

“I’m glad I got my Tiffany back. I missed you, you know?”

“I missed you too, Jessi. God, I can’t even do my work without you.”  Tiffany traced sloppy kisses from Jessica’s jaw to her neck, making the girl under her slightly squirm.

“Does that mean I’m more important than that huge project?” Jessica questions with her eyes closed, she bit her lower lip to muffle her moan as Tiffany and roughly bit a spot on her neck. She continued to fervently the reddened spot.

Tiffany kissed the spot for the last time and raised her head to look at Jessica lovingly, “There is nothing more important than you, Jessi.”

Overwhelmed with Tiffany’s love, Jessica tangled her fingers in Tiffany’s hair and pulled the girl into a deep kiss, pushing her tongue and completely dominated Tiffany’s mouth, “I love you. There is nothing more important than you too.”

“I love you too.”

“No more overtime?”

“No more. I even got this week end off.” Tiffany grinned and leaned in for another kiss.

--

 

a/n: totally random shot. I just wanted to get my mind off of source codes for even just a couple of hours, I hate doing projects >____< I hope you liked it, even though it’s short and rushed XD AND AND AND AND..

MR. MR.~~!! /keyboard smash akjdsfhakjds/ I swear my whole being exploded at the sight of soshi looking so handsome with their suits and hats and dance moves /HYPERVENTILATING/ I CAN’T I’M SO GHEI I don’t know what to feel about TTS at the end though XD but that’s okay ‘cause we got a jeti moment with fany's teaser huehuehue

And I recently created a twitter account (Jeshkaaa41801) and I don’t know what to do with it /face palm/ so maybe you can follow me? /PUPPY EYES/ i’ll follow you back! We can talk there XD seriously though I only have like, ten friends in school and none of them is a sone /sobs

Thank you for reading, have a nice day everyone~!