Thinking Out Loud (1/?)

Box of Chocolates

The car’s engine revved up as its owner stepped swiftly on the gas. It went on at a familiar road and it wasn’t long before it slowly came into a halt. The owner didn’t need to have a second look to recognize that the vehicle was just a few meters away from the entrance of a high school and the rush of the students caused a light traffic on the road.

The owner doesn’t seem to mind, though her eyes are intensely glued to the students walking to the entrance of the school. A couple of minutes passed and her eyes are now solely focused on a single person. Her gaze followed every move and every step of the person despite the swarm of students that were all over the place.

It was only after she can no longer see the person’s back after entering the school’s gate that the owner turned her head back on the road. The traffic didn’t seem to budge, considering the vehicle just moved a few inches in more than five minutes.

Looking at the clock in her dashboard, the owner’s eyes widen at the time.

“I’m going to be late!” The owner screamed while helplessly and frantically shifts in her seat.

---

“That girl is seriously going to get it from me.” Sooyoung had her arms crossed, she’s pretty sure her co-worker is going to be late again.  

Speaking of the devil, a messy-looking girl entered the office and dashed at her table beside Sooyoung’s. She was about to say something and on the verge of opening when a finger was pressed against her lips.

“I’m not late! I came in two minutes before eight.”  

“You just got lucky. You’re not allowed to be late any more, Tiffany.”

“I know, Soo. And I came on time.” Tiffany proudly stated. She then quickly brushed her hair with her fingers and fixes her disheveled look.

“If it only wasn’t for that little girl you’re obsessing with, then you’re not on probation because of—”

“She’s not a little girl and I’m not obsessed!”

“Can you be any louder?” Sooyoung hissed, eyeing their other co-workers who’re already shooting daggers at them.

“You started it!”

“Well it’s not my fault you’re always late!”

“You—” Tiffany loudly exhaled and inwardly groaned, “Just get back to work!”

--

“I heard someone’s late.” One of their co-workers –Yuri- said, teasingly pointing her gaze at Tiffany.

 “I was not late!” Tiffany almost jumped on her seat in defense.

“Relax, Fany. I didn’t say it was you.”

“You should’ve seen your face, Fany-ah!” Sooyoun giggled at Tiffany’s flushed face.

The three of them are currently having their usual break at a local café nearby.

“So how’s the stalking going?”

“Shut it, Yuri.”

“Come on, we just want to know if there’s any progress in –”

“I’m not stalking her, okay?”

Sooyoung rolled her eyes, not believing any words from Tiffany, “Let’s see. Did you see her enter the school today?”

“What’s this, Sooyoung?” Tiffany asked, baffled at the sudden question.

“Just answer. Yes or no?”

“Yes.”

“Yesterday?”

“Yes.”

“Two days ago?”

“Y-yes.”

“The entire weekdays last week?”

Tiffany sensed where the question-and-answer is going, “Look, I’ll prove to you guys that I’m not stalking her, I won’t even pass her school later to see her go home.”

Two simultaneous gasps were heard inside the small café.

“You stalk her even after her class?” Yuri uttered in disbelief.

“Do you follow her up to her house? Wait, do you even know her name?”

“What? Of course not! And no, I don’t know her name.” Tiffany’s voice sounded sad towards the end of her sentence and she mentally face palmed herself for digging her own grave.

“Wow, poor kid.”

“She’s in high school!”

“It doesn’t make any difference, Fany-ah.”

“Yah! You say it like I’m old!”

“You’re not young either.” Yuri sympathetically patted Tiffany’s back.

“I am still young! You guys are so frustrating!” With that, Tiffany stomped her feet out of the café, leaving Sooyoung and Yuri to shake their heads and loudly laugh at what just happened.

---

“I’ll show those dorks that I’m not a stalker.” Tiffany mumbled. She is on her way home and pretty much determined to prove that she is not stalking a high school student. She plans to do it by just simply going straight home.

The vehicle stopped at the red light and right in front of it is a four-way intersection.

This is it Tiffany. Just go straight and don’t turn right.

She gripped the steering wheel tighter as she waits for the traffic light to turn green.

Go straight. Go straight. Go straight.

Tiffany continued to chant the two words in her head like a mantra.

The light turned green.

Just when she was about to step on the gas, an image of a high school student, with her gorgeous brunette locks and her swooning appearance made Tiffany unconsciously turn the steering wheel to the right.

Damn.

 

--

a/n: hey guys~ just a short start of a multishot XD not yet sure how many parts but i hope you guys look forward to it hehehe <3

a big thanks to lefttomars~ who's behind of the idea and for other things kekeke /BEAR HUG UNNIE~~

AND AND AND ADVANCE HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JESSI'S WIFE~ keke

thank you for reading~ have a good day everyone!